The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2234
  • 159557 Comments
  • Oh man, how awful would it be if you could break the sling by dragging back too far. I do that sometimes on my slingshots, and it...isn't pleasant.

edit: drat. once again we've failed to kill him with laughter.
  • Just a tip for you about Space @Kelani. Power is not a factor of how far from the sling your finger gets.

Edit: I did take an extra pain pill. Thank you for that.
    Edit #2: I don't think I ever said congratz on your score. And I still haven't.
  • What was confusing about it, @Kelani? Just the last two paragraphs. Before that it was perfectly clear.
  • @Rat lol. You said the exact opposite last week. The classic discussion about your Beak1 strategy "reduce power but not so much the aiming dots shrink".

Other than that, I'm not touching that last statement. :)

edit: Glad to be the reason you turned to drugs.
  • @fenikus ok then, try this version: If you can't aim directly at the box's corner, slide your damn finger up and to the left 1/4 inch and try again. Repeat as necessary :P
  • @Kelani, I know how to get the 1-birder on the level so your description doesn't bother me, but you were concerned whether your post would make sense to people. I don't know how it works on PC, but on iPad if I move my finger left and right, I'm reducing/increasing power. If i'm moving it up and down, I'm changing aim. So your tip told me to do what I've been doing all along and what probably every iPad flinger does. That's what's confusing about it. If it was Rat's post, I'd chalk it off to him playing his mind games again.
  • @fenikus Now I suspect you're playing mind games. :P To aim at the corner of that block, You should be dragging up and to the left, around 10:00-10:30. From wherever you stop dragging, any further aiming at the box is perfectly horizontal.

edit: You may be dragging a shorter distance, which would flatten it out. In that case, change the up/down to whatever you'd do to increase/decrease power.
  • Shame on you @Fenikus. Wasn't it just earlier today that you asked me to post my pitiful excuse of a strat on 8-10. If my words are so bad, why ask for more?
  • The weather has gotten better, don't you think?
  • Maybe for you. Last week was lovely. Now it's back to 90s/humid again.
  • @Kelani, you're giving me a headache now. I seriously have no idea what you're talking about; maybe we have different flinging styles on iPad so we could both be making perfect sense to ourselves but not to each other.

@Rat, all I need is the general approach in any strat explanation. So your "lavasteroid face first into cubes" was all I needed to know so you did good there.
  • @fenikus Same here :) After your headache's gone, look at my screenshot. Specifically, the steep angle of the aiming dots between sling and grav field. The sweet spot adjustments I wrote about are in line with those dots. For me, that's done by moving up and left a bit, then micro-adjusting left or right to put the aiming dots directly on the box corner. If I can't, I move up and to the left a hair and try again.

Looks like we chased everyone off again. :P I'm going to bed, so they can all come back now. :) 'night gentlemen.
  • Oh, I am SOOOO loving this! @AngryAdvisor has taken advantage of our bickering about finer points in aiming and put us all to shame with a new 8-29 top score…WTG @AA.
  • Hello guys!!! You9 guys are gonna kill me...but There's a New Sheriff in town!!!

http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/lesleyg/album/picture/10085/

Yippie:-)))
  • Thanks @fenikus!!! I just had to join in on the Challenge after all the hype!!!

Also Thanks for the instructions to you and @kelani for the adding @mention feature for here...It is @AngryAdvisor here and @lesleyg everywhere else on the walkthroughs and such...However...I still don't get an @mention from here like I usually do from mentions with in the walkthrough's...it doesn't tell me in the drop down yellow top right box like it does with all the other notifications show... so not sure why?
  • I haven't had a chance to go back and read through everyone's comments since I left last night...gonna try to read back a little and see what else I missed...Sorry if I missed some replies
  • It's really late for me here so I'm off to bed but I just had to pop in and share, lol ;-))) Got a busy fun family day planned tomorrow but hope to catch up with you all ;-)

Good Night!!!
  • @AngryAdvisor, BP notifications will never show up in that yellow bar notification area but you will get an email notification. It has to do with BP being an "old forum".

That sheriff business was sneaky of you…you should expect an eviction notice very soon ;-)

Off to bed as well, good night @all.
  • Hi @rat yes, it is a consolation for the dutchies. We (the dutch) didn't expect anything of this team before the tournament started. We were all suprised to see how they grow in their role. Then, when you come in the semi-finals, there is only one thing that you wanna achieve: the title. Didn't work out, again. The Dutch never won this tournament, will they ever?
    Funny to see how you Americans think about distances. Often, during my holiday in Swiss I meet Americans. Some of them even sit on the ground to play with our dogs. Mostly they got one or more of the breed at home in the States. But about distances, they 'do' Europe in three weeks, visiting a lot of cities and regions in many countries. We, europeans don't do this. Actually I think that @estar is living far away from us - as it is less than 2 hours by car.
    About tonight: I hope the Germans will win - they changed their way of playing around 2006 - now it's starting to bear fruit. No mean actions, just tactics and technics. And that I like. We'll see.

@all have a great sunday. And @kathy yes, my mind is cleared from the disappointing last wednesday. Live goes on - and in 3 weeks we're going on Holiday, 3 weeks Swiss. Yeah
  • @fenikus thanks for the gratz - at the end we can be proud on our boys
  • Same here @bernersenn. We (the Americans) didn't expect to get pass the "Group of Death" as it was called. But, if we're being honest, it did hurt to lose to Germany in the last 25 seconds of extra time. I didn't realize what a feat we had pulled off until I watched Germany decimate all the other teams. Allowing Germany only one goal at the very end of full time doesn't look so bad now. lol
  • I agree with you @bernersenn. You can hardly "do" Europe in three weeks. But I wouldn't want to spend all my time in one spot either. If you came to the US of A to a town, let's say Roswell, New Mexico, you wouldn't want to stay there for three weeks. Not a lot to do. And from there you must extend your travel range quite a bit to find anything interesting. Just a lot of dust and desert for hundreds of miles in any direction. Apologies to New Mexico. I did live in Clovis, NM for two years.

Funny story. I moved Mrs. Rat to Clovis, a town about which we knew very little, in the middle of the night. As we approached the town she commented about the lighted skyline saying it wasn't as small a town as she had expected. There were numerous lights four, five, and even six stories high on the horizon. It wasn't until we got closer that she realized they were just the lights on the grain elevators. In Clovis's defense, there were a couple of two story buildings in the heart of downtown. Two...I think. But that was in the early 70's. I'm sure it's much bigger now. lol
  • @tompuss listened a part of the program, thanks for that. It's really funny to hear Americans talk to the tourists in the Bernese Oberland. We actually understand the swiss-german, so we can listen to the regular broadcasting. Actually my nickname Bernersenn IS the swiss-german word for Bernese Mountain Dog.
  • @bernersenn What a coincidence - we're waiting to win the €uromillions with precisely the same plan in mind. See ya up there!
  • @all Question: the limit for pictures in the album is 2 MB. Don't know how much I use actually. But how to clean up here? Yes, simply delete pictures - the links in the walkthroughs will get broken then - how to preserve this?
  • @bernersenn: Good question! I didn't know about this 2MB limit so I would like to know too -- I have so many pics in my album that I have to be approaching the limit. @estar, @mvnla2, do you know?
  • @bernersenn are you sure 2mb applies to the WHOLE album, not just for the one picture? Not sure how big the image is you want to upload, but maybe that image is over 2Mb?
  • But I will ask BL about this limit and what it means when someone will go over that limit. Will let you know when I know more.
  • BTW @bernersenn, it was interesting to hear you say Dutch didn't expect much from their team in this tournament -- isn't it basically the same team that barely lost to Spain in 2010 finals?

I agree on Germany, never liked their football until Klinsmann as a coach changed the way they played. They do play attractive football nowadays. BTW, I'll be rooting for Argentina in the finals but in the end, I want the better team to win.

• @estar, no, what I meant is what I read in the FAQ's. Don't have any issues with uploading pictures.
    This is what the FAQ says about it:
    Albums

Registered users can upload Angry Birds related images directly to their “Album”, which is appropriately located under the “Album” tab in your profile. Below are some details:

You can upload JPG and PNG files
    The upload limit is currently set to 2 MB
    There are privacy options available when uploading images
    “Embed” and “Link” code is shown unless the image is marked as, “Private” (more on how to use this this below)
    The uploader currently only supports only one image at a time and DOES NOT rotate your images.
  • @fenikus not all of them. The defender were all exchanged. Most of them very young guys, that didn't play on international platforms. Our attackers were famous, the half of the midfield also. So we didn't have much faith in the defense. At the end this was the strongest part of the team.
  • Ahhh @bernesenn I understand the confusion now, but yes, the 2Mb limit applies to each picture, not the whole album. So no worries for you just yet, there seems to be no limit to the amount of images in ones album, just a limit per picture
  • Happy Sunday everyone :)
    @Estar if I could chime in on the album thing - there seems to be a limit to the actual number of pictures displayed? If you look in my album there are 99 pictures showing, but I've actually uploaded 101 pics. The only way to see the last 2 is to click on the last pic showing & then use the forward arrow to scroll to them. They don't show up on my album page at all.
    If I put a link to one of those 2 pics somewhere it works properly.
  • @karen68 I will ask BL about the limit, but it does sound like 99 is the limit (which is probably a standard for the script ABN is using). Will keep you updated if there is any change :)
  • Thanks @Estar! :)
  • @Kelani, any good programmer will tell you that there are no "10 second tweaks." Sure, you may know exactly how to make the change and in reality it will take you 10 seconds to do it, but (if you're doing your job right) then come hours of testing that the tweak works, and more hours of regression testing that the tweak didn't break anything else.
  • @Kelani, believe me when I tell you that I'm not messing with you, but the screenshot doesn't help me more than your words describing the aiming tip. It just re-enforces that you are telling me to do exactly what I *am* doing and know of no *other* way to do it. That's what's confusing about it to me. But this is just me, I'm sure other flingers might find it helpful, so good job.
  • I say we give @Kelani a permanent straight jacket @fenikus. I think he earned it on his 8-29 power/angle/position schematic alone. *position your finger between the dashes* LMAO
  • @fenikus On programs, that's true, but it's not feasible for most website changes. Everything's template based to allow for easy changes. There are all kinds of parameters that can be safely changed without a second thought, especially on compartmentalized/non-global sections. e.g. the album shows 5 images per line, up to a maximum of (apparently) 99. I only have 35, so I don't know if it shows 50 per page, or all at once. If it does paginate, you could change that 'max # returned photos' variable to 100, 200, 500, and it'd work just fine.
  • Hi everyone :D

Good news! My sister got an iPhone for her birthday three days ago and she gave me her old Android phone. I broke my phone back in January (or was that in February? A long time ago anyway) and haven't been able to get it repaired since, so now it feels awesome to play AB away from home again :D
  • @all soooo tired after yesterday, early to bed. Sweet dreams, everyone
  • [I'm trying to catch up] I see it was your birdday yesterday @TomPuss ... so happy birdday :D
  • Aww Sweet dreams @TomPuss
  • @annifrid how wonderful! Enjoy your new (old) phone!
Post in the New Forum!