SURPRISE! Angry Birds v2.3.0 is now available for iOS, PC, Mac, and Android via Google Play, and with more platforms coming soon. Now that summer is well behind us (for the northern hemisphere, anyways), the classic “beach” theme of Surf and Turf has been concluded. It doesn’t stop there though, as those sneaky piggies have poked there noses into the original Angry Birds game with a brand new episode (Greedy Pigs! As if having their own app wasn’t good enough!).
Note for PC users: Some people have not been notified by the in-game updater. Instead, go to download.angrybirds.com and click on “Download Free Demo” under “Angry Birds” to get the newest .exe file. If you are worried about your progress, check out our Ultimate Backup Tutorial.
This update includes:
- 15 stormy levels conclude Surf and Turf. It’s been fun! Our S&T walkthrough pages are live. You may also find some alternate strategies on the older Facebook Surf and Turf walkthrough pages.
- A new episode called “Bad Piggies” with 15 new levels! Those pesky piggies don’t just have their own game, now they’ve taken over Angry Birds too! Our video walkthroughs are live and the pages are ready for your alternate strategies.
New Golden Eggs! Maybe one, but possibly two. We will confirm soon.After a preliminary run through, we didn’t see any Golden Eggs. This does not conclusively mean there are none, but it seems questionable.
- Power Ups! While these were released in the v2.2.0 update (read a lot more here), this is still a big question as to how they will be handled. At first glance, there seems to be no distinction between scores obtained with or without Power Ups after the initial score screen.
Update: Still no distinction in scores obtain with or without Power Ups, unfortunately. But 3-starring an entire episode now awards a “Power-Up Bundle”: http://angrybir.de/OTSwMS
- King Pig mode is now available for Android, iPhone, and PC! We believe King Pig mode is unlocked by obtaining 3-stars on all levels through Birdday Party
and all the Golden Eggs through Birdday Party. Read more in the original release post.
- iPhone 5 users may play the app is “letterbox mode”, with approximately 88 pixels of black space on either side of the app. Rovio has told me that their first priority is bringing new content to all devices, but that they plan to stylize for the unique dimensions of the iPhone 5 in the near future.
- Pro Tips: Jewels and Golden Wrenches are worth 3,000 points each! Not a bad idea to become a mechanic with these values.
- 3-star walkthroughs for Angry Birds Bad Piggies and Surf & Turf
- Some of the feathers in this update are quite difficult. We have videos online for all of them! So check out our Mighty Eagle walkthroughs here
- Leaderboards for Angry Birds Bad Piggies and Surf & Turf
- List of achievements found in Angry Birds
- Be sure to check out our, Angry Birds Ultimate Backup Tutorial for all Platforms
- The “Slot Machine” bug still seems to be present
- Having graphics issues? Please see the dedicated Forum thread
Important Disclaimer Regarding Power-ups on ABN Leaderboards
Please do not enter scores on the ABo leaderboard that were obtained using power-ups. One of the key issues is the game does not distinguish between scores obtained using power-ups and those without. Yesterday, we announced a new feature on the leaderboard that allows you to undo your score. This should help those who accidentally entered power-up scores, as they can now be reverted (this could be ones only record of their scores). We are working on additional enhancements and will announce those soon.