Will you continue playing the arena in the third season?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Will you continue playing the arena in the third season?

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 382 total)
  • Replies
  • burbman
    @burbman

My point spread as of right now (7:30 am PDT, Wednesday) All players level 44 or 45
    Me – 17,215 – Diamond
    #2 – 17,205 – Diamond
    #3 – 17,175 – Platinum
    #4 – 14,275 – Stone
    #5 – 12,680 – Stone
    #6 – 11,580 – Diamond
    #7 – 11,460 – Wood
    #8 – 25 – Stone
    No other players with scores

Daily objectives are worth 5,500, plus it takes a few battles to achieve them, so assume 200-300 points from the wheel per day, so after three day’s objectives, nobody here is grinding, and definitely no cheaters yet.

Strategia55
    @strategia55

I’ve about 5K between myself (4 Place) and First/Second. I’m no longer going to Grind for hours upon a time just to keep up; especially in Wood League. There’s no point, but I will complete Daily Objectives.

angryde
    @angryde

@strategia55 I know exactly how you feel… I’m finding it extremely difficult to summon the will to grind… hanging onto second at this point (barely!)…

mich
    @m-ich

I’m at 0 points and I’m going to stay there. I don’t know if I’m going to start playing sometime later this season (it should still be possible to make it to diamond starting in week 4 or 5, or even as late as 7). There will be a bit more grinding required, because you can’t afford not advancing, but since I’m not playing at all for a few weeks, the total amount of grinding should be more or less the same. Right now, I need a break.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

I am no longer playing Epic. Instead, Fight seems to fun to play, but the recovery of stamina items takes rather long.

Putte
    @puttekula

Well over 30k by now. Started late with Arena. Made season 2 to win diamond but missed the win on some minor leagues. After season 3, I dont know though…

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

As long as I’m whining today — What happened to all those ridiculous teams at 44/9 that were easy to beat. Yesterday, and even more today, almost every team is named at 45/10 and ranking >850. Gaah! Or as Kathy would say: WWWWWWHHHHHHIIIIIIINNNNNNNNEEEE!
    (And it is whine Thurs.)

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@mvnla2
    I agree. The easy teams are 99% gone. The first 3 or 4 teams were easy then they all flew away. It does not help to play Mccool either.

angryde
    @angryde

@mvnla2 @dallasreds I know, right!? I have only encountered a couple of teams with an APR under 870 since the start of SE:III… so annoying, my APR is only 829!

epicMarksmen
    @kenhsieh

@mvnla2 Yeah, it’s disappointing that the weak are gone. However, I have found some good fighting techniques during battles. It’s a bit complex, maybe I have to create another thread to describe this…

KillerKea
    @killerkea

The majority of teams I fought this season are pretty weak with ratings 100-250 below mine, but I’m only fighting to complete my daily objectives now so I often only have to do 2 or 3 battles a day unless I get an objective that makes me use a bird 5 times or something like destroy enemy banner without knocking out any birds, but that objective is fairly easy to do so I do it last. Even after the difficulty increases after a few battles there are significantly less strong teams this season, but maybe that is only because I got reset from Diamond to Wood.

angryde
    @angryde

@killerkea Like last season, I’m finding the first three teams of the day to be quite underpowered, and I generally complete all my daily objectives against those teams. Check! However, and as I’ve mentioned above, I believe that daily grinding is a little more challenging in S:III… enemy teams seem to have higher APRs and there seems, and I stress seems, to be more/some tactical variation in the AIs strategies: i.e. the AI does not ALWAYS obsessively attack Rainbird.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

@angryde posted i.e. the AI does not ALWAYS obsessively attack Rainbird.

From my experience 95% of the opponents I’ve faced in all 3 seasons have done exactly that.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@angryde I have found the opponents have had lower arena scores over the last couple of days (aside from those from the first few days of this season, where there were lots of CG opponents). These opponents weren’t any easier to beat. The birds were tougher, and the banner health was lower. I have also come across quite a few low level teams (levels 18-25) with Mastery 10 birds. My birds are level 20 and a mix of Mastery 7 and 8. I have only taken on a few of these teams.

I have not noticed any difference with the AI. But I don’t use Rainbird very often.

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

AI is definitely getting wiser. Sometimes, they will spike Bomb down first before turning an eye towards Chuck. They also take into account who has degen, and will attack a different bird if degen will KO another in the next turn.

angryde
    @angryde

@londojowo @kerravon @whiteasice In my experience (‘Venomous’ is my go-to grinding team), during S:I and S:II, the AI pretty much ganked Rainbird to K.O. 95% of the time… however, one week into S:III, I’m seeing a small but noticeable shift in the AI’s tactics. Sure, they still gank Rainbird, perhaps 80% of the time, but even then the attacks appear to be more distributed and *change* based on the tactical scenario… but, hey, don’t get me wrong, the AI is still as dumb as a box of hair, but I’ve no doubt it’s ‘evolving,’at least on some level.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

I have only used Rainbird a couple times this week and he got targeted. I don’t use Rainbird enough to see a real difference.

The only intelligent AI changes I have noted have been opponent Capt’ns buffing Wizard in the first round and Capt’n buffing Red before Red gets the Rage chilli. But this has been happening for quite a few weeks.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

I’m pretty much unbeatable using the following birds/weapon/banner/emblem:

Chuck – Rainbird with phoenix set
    Red – Paladin with dragon set
    Blues – Rougues with save me set
    Blessed set banner with resilience emblem (received during diamond league wheel spin)

I lost 24 battles total (2 this week) in the past 7 weeks and they were when I had to use other combinations.

All birds/classes are 45/10 with level 45 weapons. All banners/heads/emblem are from the Diamond league and when at level 45.

I currently have a 12.5k lead and well on my way to Stone league.

epicMarksmen
    @kenhsieh

The pigs are also smarter than before. They target the only healer of my team now…

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Where are the easy opponents? Who was it that mentioned that there were a lot of opponents that were easy to beat? (Oops, I think it was me, so serves me right.)

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

I had a great set of objectives today.
    Knock out 3 birds with Bomb
    Knock out 5 birds with a rage attack
    Knock out 3 birds with one attack

All over in one battle. Two explode attacks from the Capt’n.
    Time to do something else.

Mimi27
    @mimi27

Well, I had the opposite! Win three battles and defeat the opponent’s banner while all three birds are knocked out and Win three battles without knocking out any birds. So annoying! At least I could combine the first objective to knock out three birds with Matilda with the second objective, but otherwise completely mutually exclusive.

Red7827
    @gulgor0

I had once a really good combo of objectives:
    – Don’t use Matilda for two battles
    – Don’t heal your birds for three battles

@kenhsieh
    Not in my point. Blues are their main priority for me.

angryde
    @angryde

My stone league is too competitive (this week)… sigh. I’m not sure I can be bothered griding it out…

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

I ground hard through yesterday afternoon and now have a 8k lead (30k right now) in my Stone league. From here on out I will grind enough to maintain the lead.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Will you continue playing the arena in the third season?

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 382 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.