Version 1.4.7 is out

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Version 1.4.7 is out

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 273 total)
  • Replies
  • ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@datguygamer

You no longer show up on my list of friend’s birds to play right now so I can’t earn you FE?

Zybar
    @george-hoenninger

Just saw this on Facebook:

Many thanks for all your reports on the issue with update 1.4.7. You’re the most epic fans of all. We’ve already identified the cause and prepared a hotfix. For all you affected players with mastery rank 14 or 15: please be patient till the fix lands in the stores. You’ll be soon flying uninterruptedly again. Android is expected later today, iOS to follow over the weekend and amazon on Tuesday.

Let’s hope that it really happens within that time frame.

George

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@datguygamer

Yeah when I go into caves and dungeons now the Gold Man doesn’t appear anymore when I try to borrow a friend’s bird. And you seem to be the only one????

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@george-hoenninger
    So it had to do with the mastery ranks after all!

@angryjohnny
    now I also know why you and me were screwed up and @angryde wasn’t… His maximum mastery rank is 13 while we both have at least one mastery 14 class!

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@shapokomanbeast Oh that. Yes, until this update fiasco is solved, I have logged out of FB. I have a feeling its going to be a problem as well. Don’t worry. It’s momentary, I will reconnect once they fix this mess.

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@datguygamer

All is well then? I just didn’t want you to think I dissed you by not using your birds.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@shapokomanbeast Don’t worry. I know you are helpful. :)

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

This is pretty unbelievable… I grind and grind to get birds to mastery 15 and 14 (I have all at 14 and a few at 15) and it breaks the update. Now I have to use BlueStacks and an older version of Epic just to get in my Dojo buys (though maybe I shouldn’t bother?) since the iOS fix won’t be here for a couple days…

Seriously, how does something like this get out the door? Does Rovio not even try to fire up the game with a representative number of sample accounts? The irony is that a lot of folks with maxxed out Mastery got there by buying content from Rovio in the form of LCs! The very players that are getting locked out are ones that support Rovio with cold, hard cash! Good grief. Depending on what all this re-tiering entails, might be time to pack it in. I’m starting to get Event fatigue, anyway. It’s Angry Birds 2 all over again.

But hey, maybe at some point they will simply nuke all progress, start us over, and call it version 2.0. That’s what they did with Go!, after all (another Rovio game I no longer play).

Thanks,
    sutekh137

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

Does anyone know how to switch off automatic updating in Bluestacks??? My Bluestacks made auto-update of ABE, really great now :(

Edit: I found that now, but too late :(

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@kennymcc

First hit on a Google search:

Hope that helps… I just got into BlueStacks and Epic was still OK to run. Was able to make a few purchases at the Dojo, though I am not sure it even matters if mastery has been re-tiered in the update.

Luckily I don’t have anything else to do. Grinding at SRC can be put on pause as I have around 135,000 snoutlings. That should provide Dojo buys for a while.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Joanna Caccavo
    @joanna-caccavo

Sorry totally randomm question, but…best way to get ingrediants to make Greater Vials? :/ Or am I just stuck playing 3-sand levels?

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@joanna-caccavo

To be honest, it makes more sense (to me) to grind Star Reef Castle and get snoutlings. That’s how I get more potions, cake, etc. And you get mastery, to boot (if you need that) and plenty of stars (if you aren’t already maxxed on level).

Otherwise, yeah, just gotta grind for sand.

Good luck,
    sutekh137

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

@sutekh137

In case you don’t know, SRC got nerfed. It only gives out 10 to 20 snountlings per run now.

Anonymous

@sutekh137
    Co-sign pretty much everything you said. There’s a small part of me that honestly feels that a class action lawsuit is warranted. I’m sure I signed all my rights away when I downloaded the game or whatever, but it really is unbelievable how they keep jerking things around in this game (and others), despite many of those things having been achieved by players through spending money and countless hours of grinding.
    I’ll probably weakly keep playing because… well I don’t really know why.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Version 1.4.8 was just released on Google Play.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@angryjohnny Please remember to report back about what you find out.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@angryjohnny

Hm, so they did get Android patched fast…

@dragonofheart73

Oh man, you mean with this very latest update? That really stinks. Good for mastery, still, but without easy-to-attain snoutlings it will just make the grind that much worse… I wonder why they waited so long for that? Heck, snoutlings aren’t even that useful! And up and coming players probably can’t auto-play because their birds aren’t strong enough. If someone actually slogs through that, manually, they deserve the snoutlings!

@poptimus

Your last line says it all… I keep playing as well, and I don’t even play in the Arena. We’ll see what the update looks like (once it works), and if things have been rebalanced in a way I don’t like, might be time to say “sayonara”. (the nerf of SRC is already getting things off to a bad start…)

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@datguygamer I can now start up the game, I have just went to the Dojo and the Nest so far. Will report more after some more exploration.

Anonymous

@sutekh137
    SRC snout nerf took place via sofr update a couple weeks ago. There’s a whole separate thread about it which I’m too lazy to link to right now. But the upside is that we probably all should have been grinding cave 4-5 for mastery in the first place, and 1-5 for more of a balance between mastery/snouts.

Anonymous

@sutekh137
    To be clear, pre-nerf SRC was a better snout source than either of the cave levels I just mentioned, but my snout pile has continued to increase (albeit at a slower rate) since the SRC nerf, and I’m still buying every snout offer at the dojo like I always did. (Well, it was until this stupid update that stopped me playing at all, of course!)
    Also, for the record, I totally agree with you that snouts should be the primary source of materials for potions/crafting/enchanting, rather than farming them directly.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Update on the 1.4.8 hotfix:

I have played around in it and have had no crashes so it seems stable.
    I played my daily objectives i the arena and it works fine. No problems with the leader board that other have reported, I can see every opponent.
    I am not so sure yet if they fixed the coin toss. I played 7 matches and won the coin toss 2 times and lost 5 times.

Final opinion; it seems stable and safe to update now but it would be great to hear from others that updated to 1.4.8 and had the issue.

burbman
    @burbman

One more issue I just ran into with 1.4.7. I was not able to choose a friend’s bird to play the daily dungeon with. Had to go into battle with just two of my own flock.

Suzy
    @suzyq

Can I just wait for 1.4.8 or do I need to download 1.4.7?

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@suzyq You can wait

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Version 1.4.7 is out

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 273 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.