Version 1.4.7 is out

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Version 1.4.7 is out

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 273 total)
  • Replies
  • burbman
    @burbman

Only issue I have had with the new update is that my leaderboard in the arena only shows the first place player’s score. Says I am in fourth, but I don’t know how far behind the three star group I am. No crashes for me.

burbman
    @burbman

Only issue I have had with the new update is that my leaderboard in the arena only shows the first place player’s score. Says I am in fourth, but I don’t know how far behind the three star group I am. No crashes for me.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

I suspect what @smwforever45 suspects is very suspect……. also most likely true.
    Maybe the game have trouble upgrading accounts that have classes over mastery level 12.

burbman
    @burbman

I do feel bad for anyone stuck with me in the upcoming Guardian event. Since my birds are all M15 now, I will not be spending any resources (or much effort) in getting to the top of the leaderboard.

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

All my classes are at level 13 and I gave up grinding a long time ago when they raised it to 15. So right now I only gain mastery from doing events and visiting the dojo whenever I feel like it (I have over 400k of snoutlings so I can afford it)

I did a few test runs at Cave 1-5 and didn’t have any issues.
    Gained like maybe 80+ mastery on my birds during a single run.

EDIT: Arena battle do show only me on the list but says I’m in 2nd place… *boggle*

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I suspect those that have reached mastery 15, or those that are between M1 and M8 with their birds, are safe. Between M9 and M14, I am not so sure…

EDIT: Okay never mind… I just saw @dragonofheart73’s comment. I have all between M6 and M12 except for Wizard who is at M14.

Pointless
    @pointless

I wonder if this fiasco happened because this update was released prematurely? I mean the Event is still about a week away. We’ve seen updates right before these new Events in the past, but typically we saw them a few days prior, not a week.
    I have not updated (Android) and thank you all for the warning.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@pointless
    Yeah that’s what @datguygamer thought as well… But if Rovio will actually force the update on everyone BEFORE they fix this major issue it’ll be trouble…

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@datguygamer i am plying the game at an iPhone 6 Plus and an iPad Air 2 both with 8.4 iOS (both without jailbreak) while loading it never crashes it crashes only after playing 2-3 games i had a message that i need to restart the game. But i solved the problem i log out the FB and the Rovio account and i delete the app i restart both devices and i have had a clean copy of the game i open the game i played once i enter then my Rovio and FB account and afterwards worked fine till now i haven’t stopped and doesn’t crash!

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@elpapam
    Oh so you have iOS 8.4? Interesting! Does it have to do with the iOS version after all?

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@smwforever45 nop not at all at my girlfriend’s 5SE 9.3.3 had the same problem after update the old app with the new she did have those crashes while she played, just like mine problem. with delete the app and have a fresh copy of the game’s new version it worked perfect.

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

Trapped’what?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@elpapam
    iOS 9.3.4 is what I have. How come it works on your devices but not on mine? This is so weird!

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@smwforever45 iOS 9.3.4 was out today 25MB fix the hole of Pangu’s Jailbreak nothing important or change after iOS 9.3.3 what problem are you dealing with your game?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@elpapam
    Like I said, my game won’t start!
    I’m stuck where it says “Loading balancing into the memory”…
    And iOS 9.3.3 or 9.3.4, it doesn’t make a difference, it didn’t work on either one.

chinolatino
    @chinolatino

I saw that it didn’t run for some, but thought it was just other’s bad luck and I proceeded to install it. My hung also on my Note 4. I’ve had to play on my Grand Prime. I decided to try reinstalling it this morning.

After reinstalling it, the game ran. I was able to play fro the beginning, do the first level before logging in. Once I tried logging in, I got a message saying profile needs to be updated and then the game hangs forcing me to kill the app.

At next launch, same behavior where I cannot play the game and stuck at Loading Balancing into memory.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Was gonna go for one more Dojo shopping tour before going to sleep. Went to my parents’ iPad and… the app was updated…
    DAAAAAAAAD!

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@smwforever45 have you got backup your iPad at a local pc with itunes or at icloud? If yes then restore the most resent backup. Second way that worked extreme well for me delete the application and download a fresh copy of the game from app store.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@elpapam
    I do have a backup but I don’t wanna lose all the other data I edited between the last backup and today… I use my phone daily and I use it for many, many things…

The second method doesn’t work. If I do a fresh new install I can start the app, but as soon as I want to restore my progress the game freezes forcing me to quit out, and then I’m back at the same message.

There is a third method. I’ve got Epic 1.4.1 on my computer as an IPA file. However, I am not sure if I should go back to this version, since Elite Cleric, Elite Pirate and Elite Stone Guard didn’t exist back then.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@smwforever45 then i don’t know any other way. Sorry :( Also you paladin is now 12 mastery i choose him to play on a dungeon and it level up while i was playing at the dungeon.

Pointless
    @pointless

What? Are you sure about that? Mastery has not been passed on to borrowed Birds before…

root
    @ebellum

If clearing the data and cache, the game works.
    problems start when login into your account rovio

EpicGrindr
    @epicgrindr

I don’t know what all the fuss is about. Try updating again. I just did on both Android and iOS devices and it’s working fine. Well, mostly fine. My EPal did the “Mastery Level Up” animation when I killed an opponent banner in an Arena battle, but the only lasting effect seems to be that he now needs a few thousand less mastery to reach the next mastery level. Probably the mastery tier rebalance taking effect.

EpicGrindr
    @epicgrindr

@elpapam @smwforever45 @angryde
    Confirmed that mastery balancing does occur and may give some hiccups at first.
    I went and loaded up my wife’s Epic (which hadn’t been updated to 1.4.7 yet) and checked existing mastery until next level for 2 M9 birds and 1 M10.
    Pre-update Mastery to next level
    Paladin M10: 49402
    Princess M9: 14808
    Wizard M9: 24171

Then I installed update and checked Mastery to next level for all three again:
    Post-update Mastery to next level:
    Paladin M10: 28274
    Princess M9: 5626
    Wizard M9: 10985

Net effect means birds may undergo a Mastery level increase during rebalancing. Weirdness including game loading futzes or ‘in-level mastery level ups’ may occur depending on when the rebalance processes on a given device.

Also, I have noticed that Epic doesn’t fare well if you miss a game “Results” such as “End of Weekly League” or “End of Event” prior to updating. For example, I encountered “can’t load Epic” issue on the wife’s phone when I updated Epic before logging in to get results of a past “For the Pirate King” event.
    In that instance, I remained unable to launch Epic until a subsequent update occurred, which allowed me to get back into the game, but the Event timer for the Pirate King was still there and counting down something like 10,582 hours or so. That bug prevented participation in any game Event until the next time Pirate King ended, after which I was finally able to claim the previous Pirate King rewards and resume normal event participation.

Moral o that story is: make sure you load Epic with existing version BEFORE you install an update, or something like that. Maybe. Who knows? Programmers are notoriously unimaginative when it comes to understanding how players behave. Try thinking of updates like a snail choosing his route options to get across a clothesline, lol.
    And for crying out loud people, do yourselves a favor and turn off “AutoUpdate”!

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@angryjohnny Thanks for the heads up. I am absolutely not gonna update till they force me too.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Version 1.4.7 is out

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 273 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.