Upcoming Event – Bavarian Funfair (Elite Illusionist)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Upcoming Event – Bavarian Funfair (Elite Illusionist)

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 237 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@aufar-ramadhan
    The thing is – I don’t really enjoy politics or political sciences anymore. It frustrates me. I’d love to go back to my roots, to the subject I’ve always been good at: Maths.

angryde
    @angryde

@smwforever45 Nah, dude, I know you’re not in high school anymore XD I was using “school” in the Ameri-Aussie sense to mean “college or university” – my bad!

And, yeah, your last post on this thread kinda answered my question. You seem to love the MEST subjects… but I remembered reading that you were spending most of your time doing humanities related stuff… I was just curious (as someone who is deeply involved in the hard sciences)… recruitment XD

Ed. BTW when I say “MEST” subjects… I mean the Americanized “STEM” subjects: science, technology, engineering and mathematics. (sorry if there was any WTF!?! associated). XD

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@angryde
    Ahhhhh I see – I focused my learning on British English. :P

In fact, two MEST (or MINT: “Mathematik, Informatik, Naturwissenschaften, Technik” as we say in German) subjects were my two major subjects (“Leistungskurse”) when I did my Abitur. :P
    I always felt safely nested in Maths and IT… but I felt like I’d get nowhere in life if I studied those subjects so I chose politics from pure interest instead.

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

I’ve created a topic to make sure you’re ready for the event.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@christian-cosgrove
    Neat idea, but I am quite sure most of us are already prepared.
    I have:
    113 Greater Pig Cherry Juice Rank 2,
    113 Pretty Fruit Cake Rank 2, and
    84 Hot Chilli Cake.
    I’d love to share some… if I could :)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

I wish I had the time to participate in this event. Oh well, good luck to others.

angryde
    @angryde

@smwforever45 That’s a fascinating cultural difference… (your) feeling like you’d get nowhere in life studying MINT subjects. LOL! Back home in Aussieland and in the US – where I also completed a lot of my education – the MINT subjects are seen as ‘the ticket’ to a stable job/secure future… NOT political science! And as someone who works in the hard sciences, believe me, there is PLENTY of fascinating work + unrivaled opportunities here in Deutschland… hence, my presence in your awesome country! XD Follow your gut, I reckon. Go MINT! ;)

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@angryde
    I probably will attach a B.Sc. in [Economical] Mathematics once I’m done with my B.A. Political Sciences…

Funnily enough, PoSci originated from the US so I sorta expected it to be popular there!

Most Germans study Law, Medicine or Psychology from what I saw… hence why these subjects have such a high Numerus Clausus :) You need a 1.2-Abitur to study Psychology! For PoSci, 2.5 is enough, and Maths has no NC at all :P

@datguygamer

Just go for the headgear dude. :) It won’t consume your entire day, I’m sure.

angryde
    @angryde

@smwforever45 I understand where you are coming from, mate. I did a combined Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science double degree, because I wanted to have a “broad” undergraduate education, LOL, then I specialized… Hey, don’t get me wrong, PolySci/PoliSci is hugely popular, but its applicability re: the job market is questionable: especially in the Aussie system (too many graduates, too few opportunities). It’s the same back home in Aussie re: Law/Med/Vet, etc, but our school + university system is so different it’s problematic to make simple comparisons. Go eco-maths, then! XD

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 Actually I just landed my first job after graduating and will be moving to Santa Monica in the next few weeks after I finish all my packing.

Maybe I’ll get time to play (ofc headgears are my only priority) but I won’t be able to play that much (and I hope that’s enough to get me the upgrade). Plus, I need to take a broadband connection there once I move there as mobile data always is not enough. That’s one major pain for online games. As far as my calculations tell me, I’ll be missing two runs at GPC because of my work hours and since I am new there, I’ll need to assess my work place for a while before I get comfortable with my surroundings. :)

angryde
    @angryde

@datguygamer Dude, congrats on graduating! Oh, how I remember the day(s)! :P

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@angryde Even though sometimes, my classmates got on my nerves, it’s still sad to separate from all my friends there. These will be some pretty sweet memories. :)

BF10
    @bf10

If Illusionist really worth it? You can attack a single target and the rest will receive damage from that, and then Mirror is a weaker version of the Lightning Bird’s Lightning Fast. And pirates counters it.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@bf10 If you are just aiming for a collectible, then why not.

Pointless
    @pointless

Illusionist is not a very good Class, I think we can all agree, but most of us are also at the point in the game where collecting is all that’s left, so why not go for it?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@angryde
    Well, you could start out as…
    …a journalist,
    …a political scientist, or
    …a politician.
    I can’t really think of more right now. XD
    I did start studying PoliSci in order to become a politician later (although most politicians studied Law, I read) and try and change the world to the better. But over time (Marburg is a VERY political town), I realised I’m just a small man/Yoshi against the great world of politics, and that your individual opinion doesn’t matter at all unless it’s compliant with the current mainstream in politics – even if that mainstream is dead wrong.

In my last semester, I got the chance of doing a maths-related “Importmodul”. The theoretical parts of the seminary didn’t interest me much – but once we got to the practical part, where we did a lot of calculations, that was where I felt comfortable again.

Or maybe I should get inspired by my main hobby and choose to follow the “I” in “MINT”, studying IT and later starting out at a big video game company? Working at Nintendo as a developer or programmer has been my childhood dream… I would – sort of – become what Germans economists refer to as “Quereinsteiger”.

I’ve had these struggles two years ago already, after I graduated from school. “What to study?” I thought PoliSci was the right thing. But… yeah. I’m starting to repeat myself. XD

@datguygamer

Oh, congrats! Hope you have fun at your job :)

@bf10

Definitely, go for it! If you miss your chance now, and decide to collect all the missing classes later on – once you’re done with the rest of the game and have nothing else to do – you’ll have to pay 260 LC’s. If you get the class now (like I will), that’s going to save you much of this valuable in-game currency.
    Also, Golden Pig Castle (GPC) at the end of the campaign is always worth it, anyway. That’s an extra 40 LC’s if you manage to cash in 4 runs. (Having Facebook connected to your game is advantageous, but McCool will do his job too).

EDIT: By the way, the ACTUAL Bavarian Funfair, the Oktoberfest, has begun today!

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 Haha, thanks. :D

Pointless
    @pointless

@smwforever45 my mother in law is from Augsberg (a German hick, as I understand it), so I am well aware of all the Bavarian festivities!

BF10
    @bf10

@smwforever45
    I mean in-game, not getting it.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@bf10
    If you’re talking about usability, then yes. Illusionist is really not that good.
    Thunderbird or Mage do the “damage all enemies” part better, Wizard does the “hit a single target strong and the others weak” better, Lightning Bird does the “have an ally attack a second time” better.

@pointless

The city is called Augsburg :) I’m not from Bavaria myself, I live a bit north in Hessen :)

Pointless
    @pointless

@smwforever45 English equivalents are often incorrect :)
    I have seen it spelled Auxsburg often as well

Suzy
    @suzyq

@bf10

I only use illusionist if it’s required to clear an objective. Recently I had an objective that said I had to use Elite Stoneguard, so I’m sure there will be an objective for Elite illusionist in the near future, and for that reason I will try and win it.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@suzyq
    I got an Illusionist objective before, so yeah, it’s there.

@pointless

There are some English names for certain cities (for example, Nürnberg would be Nuremberg), but Augsburg doesn’t have such an equivalent, I don’t think :)

angryde
    @angryde

@smwforever45 LOL. Sadly, the path to becoming a bone fide, bread-winning journalist, political scientist or politician is NOT substantially greased by one’s possession of a PolySci Degree… oh, if only it were so! In my experience, unless one complete one’s degree with the highest honors and goes on to graduate school (AND possesses some fairly serious industry/family connections)… one will probably end up working in a call center. XD Hey, I’m being terribly facetious, I know, but, sadly, it’s what I’ve observed. And what you said about “careers in and around politics” is absolutely true… politics is about expedient truth, convenient truth, not capital “T” truth, so, yes, I can understand both the depth and breadth of your disillusionment. In any case, regardless of what you decide to study, it’s hard to go wrong with the “education for education’s sake” approach… as long as you can force yourself to believe it! XD

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@angryde
    I can’t work in a call centre. My social skills are zero. XD I could imagine working as a statistician, though. Continuing what I’m constantly doing in my free time. :P

My parents expect me to get done with university as soon as possible… Not continue to switch subjects and study second, third and fourth subjects for 20 more years. :/

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Upcoming Event – Bavarian Funfair (Elite Illusionist)

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 237 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.