The AB2 Bad Luck (and Good Luck) topic

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum The AB2 Bad Luck (and Good Luck) topic

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 279 total)
  • Replies
  • Anonymous

Screenshot_20160609-210511.png

Silver managed to destroy all 3 buildings, yet a pig from each building survived. Legit? Can’t say for sure. Of course since it’s not possible to clear that with one bird, I had to conveniently watch an ad. Seems kinda fishy if you ask me.

Anonymous

Imagine this comment in the form of me telling a horror story. xD

Once upon a time, on a distant land called Piggy Island, things were going great. But… Things took an ugly turn for the worse.

I finally beat Pig Bay today. Gotta say, it felt good! But now… I have to beat the dreaded Gravity Grove. Just the thought of that sends shivers down my spine.

On level 1 of Grove, everything went great. 1-birded 3 out of 4 of the waves. But then… The 5th wave has come. 3 stone buildings to knock down, 3 birds. Bomb, Terence and Blue’s.

It would seem so easy! But something didn’t feel right. Like there was something… Someone… Waiting to ruin everything.

So I looked around for a while, checking every corner of the wave, and there he was… The dreaded Miner Pig! He was on the most important building to destroy. Right near the front. Of course he is since that’s just how the game works.

Having Blue’s, Bomb and Terence at my side, I decided to fling Bomb since the structure was too strong for the Blues.

The Miner Pig, being the powerhouse that he is, turned Bomb into a balloon! I was shocked at the fact that he shut down my most powerful bird just like that! Next I fling Terence, desperately trying to knock down that stone structure. The Miner Pig, being the horrible guy that he is, turns Terence into a pig.

Fortunately for me, that pig put just enough force on the building to knock it down, as well as the 2nd stone building along with it. Miner Pig has been defeated.

Now there is just stone one building left. All I have left is Blue’s. I fling Blue’s. Obviously it wasn’t enough to bring the building down, but it did knock enough blocks into the canyon to fill the Destruct-O-Bar.

What bird did I get? Blue’s… So I fling them again and unsurprisingly, it didn’t knock down the building.

I had one last hope: Watching a video for another bird. So I did. I wasn’t going to give up without a fight.

Of all the birds I could have gotten, guess what bird it was? That’s right! It was Blue’s… My last chance at knocking down the building, and the worst possible bird to do exactly that.

In the end, I failed the level. Thanks Rovio! That doesn’t seem like randomness to me! :D

The end.

By the way, Miner Pig was the ONLY special pig in the level (Besides Helmet Pig), and the fact the he appeared at just the right time and place to make me fail is really suspicious.

David Martin
    @david-martin

It could be considered randomness, in the same way that there’s a chance if you flip a coin 50 times, it’ll come up heads every time. I’m pretty sure the only way to make that happen is to bet someone your life savings that it won’t, though.

Anonymous

As long as my life’s savings goes to Rovio! ?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Argh.
    (BTW, the bird I shot before was Chuck.)

On the second re-try, however, I lucked out – shot Mathilda and even though I thought she’d completely miss, she ended up destroying the entire room somehow. As if she was practising magic.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

More collected from the past few days, proving there have been tweaks made recently.

Useless Terrence kissing an umbrella pig instead of popping her:

View post on imgur.com

Sticky umbrella pig:

View post on imgur.com

Not one, but TWO magician pigs in the same screen. What’s the F%#king point by this time???

View post on imgur.com

More proof that Terrence has become ineffective when TWO micropigs can kiss him goodnight:

View post on imgur.com

reddie
    @reddie250

It’s so much fun reading this thread and I thought I want to post my bad luck or good luck.

It was in Wednesday’s DC in Greenerville. I was down to my last bird Silver heading into the boss room. She attacked Chef Pig draining almost all of his health in one hit and somehow she rolled down onto the TNT next to him sending hm flying and killing the chef!

Anonymous

Haven’t posted some bad luck in a while:

Screenshot_20160529-035200.png

Screenshot_20160610-012624.png

Screenshot_20160610-012821.png

Screenshot_20160610-210757.png

Screenshot_20160615-195344.png

Screenshot_20160616-211745.png

David Martin
    @david-martin

Was up early today, so I attempted the DC. No less than three times did I have the boss lined up for the killshot, but with no birds left, and only a sliver left to go on the damage bar before getting another bird. Could have finished it by now if not for so many scenarios in the earlier rooms resulting in a micropig surviving that really shouldn’t have.

David Martin
    @david-martin

Have you ever noticed how, in the Pig Bay levels, occasionally a bird or object will come rocketing straight up out of the water at ludicrous speed? This happened to me today at the worst possible time. I had fired Terence into a flower, which I thought would make him skip off the water to another flower, but he ended up bouncing off of a wall, under the water, and back into the same flower he started from, repeating in an endless loop. I then had Bomb lined up to clear the rest of the level, but as I fired him across the screen, Terence suddenly shot up out of the water and knocked Bomb straight up off the screen. There’s no way I could have timed it right to do that on purpose, even if I wanted to.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Happens all the time!! It’s uncanny. @david-martin. The timing for this astronomical.

Anonymous

Try and guess how this happened:
    Screenshot_20160619-150538.png

I’ve heard many people say how Gravity Grove is the birthplace for bad luck, and I can honestly say…

…They were right.
    Screenshot_20160619-151600.png
    That pig’s face though! :D

Anonymous

This was rigged. There was a another medium sized pig next to him that took just as much, if not less, damage than him and still popped:
    Screenshot_20160624-204908.png

Who couldn’t have seen this coming?
    Screenshot_20160624-230207.png

What’s worse than pigs sitting on balloons? Upsidedown pigs sitting on balloons!
    Screenshot_20160625-194438.png

This is just plain cruel:
    Screenshot_20160625-194749.png

David Martin
    @david-martin

When Laser Pig shows up in an unavoidable spot, I think it’s fun to fire Blues at him. Or Red, if I can push before I’m in his range (which doesn’t seem possible in this example). Every now and then I get a Golden Pig for my trouble, versus with the larger birds which he usually turns into balloons or nothing at all.

The boring solution is to wait for him to fall asleep. Usually when I do that another pig next to him falls asleep like 5 times in a row, given my terrible luck.

Anonymous

@david-martin Funny that you said that. Doesn’t it seem like special pigs fall asleep much less than normal pigs? Wouldn’t surprise me if that was rigged too. :P

David Martin
    @david-martin

It could be that, but it could also be one of those “A watched pot doesn’t boil” types of things.

heybert17
    @heybert17

My favorite bad luck is, when you have 1 pig to kill but he is in a spot only 1 bird can get to, usually Chuck, sometimes Bomb if he is tucked in somewhere. But lucky you don’t have that bird in your 3 cards, so you fling bird after bird and finally, the level is over because in 3-6 cards you NEVER got the 1 bird you needed.

David Martin
    @david-martin

Inflated piggies apparently still have the same mass as they did when they were small.
    IMG_0266.PNG

How exactly doesn’t he roll off the edge?
    IMG_0268.PNG

Parachute pig had to land right there, didn’t he?
    IMG_0269.PNG

David Martin
    @david-martin

Has anyone ever noticed that when Chemist Pig turns everything to stone, the blocks are nigh-indestructible?
    IMG_0270.PNG

Terence, in his infinite loop, keeps just barely missing this guy.
    IMG_0271.PNG

I’m sure the Rovio developers consider this one an “edge case”.
    IMG_0273.PNG

David Martin
    @david-martin

Kiss my ***, micropig.
    IMG_0275.PNG

An irritating case of the appearance of a surface not matching its actual behavior. There’s no reason why Terence should stop dead here instead of rolling to the left.
    IMG_0276.PNG

I need some Dran-O for this one.
    IMG_0277.PNG

David Martin
    @david-martin

Looks like I discovered the Jenga minigame.
    IMG_0278.PNG

Umbrella pig adds insult to injury.
    IMG_0279.PNG

This structure’s failure to topple would have cost me two extra birds… which of course I didn’t have.
    IMG_0280.PNG

David Martin
    @david-martin

The flower had fired several stones at that last pig, and not a single one of them made it far enough.
    IMG_0311.PNG

More inflatable pig B.S.
    IMG_0312.PNG

Sometimes I get this boss in a single hit, other times he gets hung up on every conceivable obstacle. I was in the middle of celebrating finally getting him up and over, only for him to get stuck at the last second.
    IMG_0314.PNG

David Martin
    @david-martin

Well, this blows.
    IMG_0282.PNG

Frickin’ balloon pig. He was standing on a structure that I knocked down right after he had inflated his balloon inside the ceiling above him. This shouldn’t even be possible.
    IMG_0309.PNG

Again, that’s not a flat surface.
    IMG_0310.PNG

David Martin
    @david-martin

“Piggy planking” is the only way this makes any sense to me.
    IMG_0315.PNG

Got ’em all with one shot! Wait, why can’t I fast-forward… ah, crap.
    IMG_0316.PNG

This pig decided gravity just wasn’t in his wheelhouse.
    IMG_0319.PNG

David Martin
    @david-martin

Saving some of the most absurd piggy survival stories for last…

I had pushed a tall structure over with Red, whose feathers you can see below since he had just “poofed” when I took the screen cap. The micropig was sitting on that structure, fell down to the left of it, bounced off of Red, and landed unharmed on the ledge above.
    IMG_0320.PNG

Piggy playing hide-and-go-seek in midair. Well, that’s new.
    IMG_0321.PNG

I honestly have no idea how I managed to get that piggy up there. With Blues, no less! There’s got to be an achievement for this epic of a fail.
    IMG_0318.PNG

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum The AB2 Bad Luck (and Good Luck) topic

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 279 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.