The AB2 Bad Luck (and Good Luck) topic

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum The AB2 Bad Luck (and Good Luck) topic

• Sorry for stealing your idea @david-martin but I love the concept. A topic where we all can lament about our daily bad luck moments. That stupid micropig caught off-screen. Those useless free spell cards we get from watching an ad. That structure that was about to topple but then stabilised itself. Those opponents getting a score 3 times better than our own. All is allowed, and I’m curious to know who is in the “Bad Luck Hall of Fame” as @dwhite40704 put it.
    On the other hand, I’m sure we all also have our fair share of good luck sometimes. So – while I think there will be more bad luck than good luck moments – I’ll extend the idea to the both sides of luck.

It’s Friday the 13th as I’m writing this. Perfect day to start the topic… isn’t it?

This happened to me this Monday in a Pigsyland level.

It could as well have tilted to the left. But it decided not to. Or maybe the micropig that lives there has telekinetic powers?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 279 total)
  • Replies
  • David Martin
    @david-martin

I’m glad you got the ball rolling. I had some trouble getting the screenshots off my iPhone so I will have to contribute after I figure that out.

I have precarious structures that don’t actually topple all the time. As I’ve mentioned in other discussions, they usually topple on their own right after I fire the next bird.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@david-martin
    Connect your iPhone to your computer – the screenshots will be somewhere among the other pictures and screenshots you took.
    Alternatively, if you use a cloud storage space (iCloud or Dropbox, for instance), you can also move the screenshots there and you can access them from your computer. That’s what I do too.

I actually encountered this situation yesterday as I was doing some arena matches. Problem was, I just flung my last bird and I needed the structure to topple to win the battle.

I might make that my good luck contribution for today… because this structure DID topple after it stood absolutely still for a few seconds (no architect of this world can explain to me why!). I already thought I’d get the “buy 3 more birds for gems” screen… but the game waited for long enough fortunately, and I got my 5 stars for winning.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Excellent topic!! Long overdue. This should be very interesting!! RedYoshi- looks like you have The Leaning Tower of Pigsai.

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

For the “Bad Luck” section of this article:

sometimes the smallest pigs “take shelter” under the nearest (vertical) bumper and literally wedge under them, so now they have an indestructible “shield” over their heads to block from incoming Birds- but don’t worry- even the Birds (The Blues mostly, but Chuck can too) can squeeze into the cracks and get the Pig, but it gets very frustrating trying, so I would just restart

For the “Good Luck” section:
    More of a glitch than luck- one time on the Daily Challenge I was advancing towards the boss (King Pig) in the 3rd level when the Pigs decided to “take a break” in their building and built nothing- no Pigs, no creations- so the game SKIPPED an entire room because the Pigs never showed up like they were supposed to!

David Martin
    @david-martin

@smwforever4! – I’ve done that before; my USB cable and/or port are just having issues right now. Probably nothing a simple reboot can’t fix, but it’ll have to wait until the work day is over.

I’m surprised it let you wait that long with no apparent on-screen movement after your last bird had been flung. When I get into those situations, it feels like the game calls it prematurely.

I had some unbelievably rotten luck on one of the Gravity Grove levels the other day. Twice in a row I got to the final screen with one pig still alive, watched an ad to get one last bird. and it was pretty much the only bird that couldn’t get the job done. First time there was a wood structure with a pig inside one of the boxes that I had to topple. So of course the game gives me Blues. Second time, there was a micropig left standing in plain sight that had somehow been immune to Red screaming right in his face to push over the structure that had been behind him. So of course the game gives me the Pig Inflater. Screw you, game.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I have quite a collection for this thread, but will start here. This just happened …

piggy

Darn near cost me the round. Normally clear that room with a single bird but didn’t have any to push the structure through the portal. Silver made it fall backwards so I used chuck and that darn pig just sat there. Thought blues would reach, finally had to use matilda.

Bonus images …

piggy2

piggy3

Anonymous

Screenshot_20160512-232854.png

Screenshot_20160512-232819.png

Screenshot_20160512-232930.png

What’s really sad is that this was all in level 468. A level I’ve still yet to beat.

Anonymous

Here’s something I posted in another thread:

Screenshot_2016-04-15-19-41-57.png

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

That pig watched commercials, Shade …

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

I remember that last post Partshade. The pig there was totally legit. He was actually time traveling from Gravity Grove. Once he arrived here he was just simply doing all he knew to do. ??

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

LOL @partshade!!!

Here’s mine from today…. Not one, not two, but 3 indestructible micropigs in the same screen!! This screen ended up taking me 7 birds to clear >:-( and had the strongest balloons I ever saw in my life.

View post on imgur.com

Anonymous

@captsternn LOL that’s about right! :P

@dwhite40704
    Careful what you say or that may be an actual thing someday! :D

@djlarryt
    That can’t be legit. I’m with you on thinking Rovio rigged the game. :P

David Martin
    @david-martin

Alright, got the screenshots off my phone. Prepare for the onslaught!

“Neener neener!”, says Balloon Pig.
    IMG_0080.PNG

Telefragging is among the many things Magician Pig can apparently survive.
    IMG_0164.PNG

These guys are supposed to explode when you knock them around, right?
    IMG_0209.PNG

David Martin
    @david-martin

Apparently this boss just decides he’s tired of getting flung around by the geyser, and takes a break until you hit him with another bird.
    IMG_0162.PNG

One of the many examples of poorly designed boss levels in Gravity Grove.
    IMG_0163.PNG

All the pigs in this room suddenly became indestructible:
    IMG_0185.PNG

Even the Arena hates me. Note that my avatar is flashing red even though I’m ahead of my opponent. He was actually over 4 million points but the game hadn’t updated his score. Would have been nice to know exactly how much ground I’d need to make up with my last bird.
    IMG_0192.PNG

David Martin
    @david-martin

Micropigs can apparently defy gravity.
    IMG_0184.PNG

So can objects hanging from balloons you’ve already popped.
    IMG_0188.PNG

Also in the “defying gravity” category: This micropig fell from a floating structure that my previous bird had popped, hit the roof below him, rolled up the roof a little ways, and then didn’t roll back down. WTF.
    IMG_0190.PNG

David Martin
    @david-martin

(Sorry, accidental double post.)

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Breaking news!!! It’s official. Partshade, DJLarryt and David Martin have officially been inducted into the AB2 Bad Luck Hall of Fame-first ballot. CaptSternn has officially received Honorable Mention status for the time being.

Anonymous

Found this old screenshot:

Screenshot_2016-03-04-02-07-05.png

Yep. It’s Balloon Pig, Magician Pig, Rocket Pig, Construction Pig and Angry Pig all in one wave. Just to be clear, it was hard.

@david-martin
    You win. It seems most of the bad stuff happens to you. xD

@dwhite40704
    I am honored. :D

David Martin
    @david-martin

@partshade – What, no Laser Pig?

That scenario occurs in one of my least favorite level layouts. Yikes. Might not be too bad if you had Terence to start with – Construction Pig can’t hurt him, he can bust through the structure below Explodey Pig, scare off Rocket Pig and Magician Pig, and then hopefully hit the “car” below or bounce into the structure on the right.

Of course, since I thought all that through ahead of time, of course none of it would go as planned if I were the one playing it. Terence would bounce off the structure harmlessly, miss the balloon under Construction Pig, Rocket Pig would land somewhere unharmed, Magician Pig wouldn’t move until the second bird was fired, and… yeah, I’d probably FUBAR the whole thing after just one shot.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Since you guys are digging up classics I’ll do the same. :P

I have no idea how this can NOT collapse.

As if the micropig inside the wheel wasn’t annoying enough, this one even survived a pretty big fall.

Guess the boss has had enough of trampolines? Me too.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@djlarryt
    Geez! I would’ve needed two Mathildas for this. You only had one. I bow down to you for even clearing that room after his happened!

Nsu
    @nsar

I love this thread, got a bit of a laugh. Also glad to see those things dont just happen to me ? Since the DC has returned I have actually manged to beat it one time. Still not sure how that happened – lol.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

This thread is a treasure chest of abominations. I see these heinous pics and I see pain.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Nsu And Dwhite, I am with you guys. I am loving this thread. Great idea David and thanks to Yoshi for getting it going.

David, I had that same balloon pig a few days ago, as well as problems with that particular wooden structure.

I am honored to get an honorable mention. I will try to do better about capturing more screen shots.

David Martin
    @david-martin

And just some general “micropig slides into a hard-to-reach spot” B.S.:

IMG_0155.PNG

IMG_0158.PNG

IMG_0159.PNG

IMG_0160.PNG

IMG_0205.PNG

IMG_0206.PNG

This one was actually “behind the scenery” in the corner until I took a screenshot and the screen miraculously moved the obstruction to give me a clear view.
    IMG_0208.PNG

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum The AB2 Bad Luck (and Good Luck) topic

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 279 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.