The AB2 Bad Luck (and Good Luck) topic

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum The AB2 Bad Luck (and Good Luck) topic

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 279 total)
  • Replies
  • David Martin
    @david-martin

(My original massive post was here. I broke it up into separate posts so that it wouldn’t have to await moderation. Nothing to see here, folks.)

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Ok David, your last comment takes the cake for now. Your “luck” with those micro-pigs is off the charts. There are some screen shots I should have caught in the past that would be good additions for this thread but nothing I have had happen compares to the number and hard to reach places as yours.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I… I think the micropiggitis is spreading to the other pigs!!! D:

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Agree, Yoshi. Two new entries just from tonight …

piggy

That one cost me the round even though I killed it after the video. Was playing an opponent with higher level birds, didn’t want to get bounced around groups at the last hour. Was far enough ahead that it didn’t matter. And earlier…

pig

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Ouch – the first one sucks. Stupid micropiggie left and it was your last bird.

But this here sucks too. I took this just now, in my second match into the Emerald league. Not only am I further behind than normally – the opponent’s also got a duplicate Bomb, AND there’s a micropiggie I didn’t even notice before AND it’s not rolling downhill. Did it spawn there or something?!? I can’t believe it would’ve been flying around like this and land on the right and survive. That would mean it didn’t only survive that flight and the landing but ALSO the Bomb explosion I caused in the upper structure!

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I would say you are trying to compete with David, Yoshi. And not in a good way.

Not only is this thread good for a laugh, but maybe Bankler and Rovio will take notice. Let us keep it going until we don’t have any more of these screen shots. Just imagine the frustration of all the people that don’t visit this place.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

I forgot to announce earlier that RedYoshi has been inducted into The AB2 Bad Luck Hall of Fame. His leaning tower of Pigsai he posted was legendary. CaptSternn you have also been upgraded good sir. Congrats to you both. This is one of the highest honors attainable in amateur flinging. At least a few of us have been able to chill out with this cluster—- of a game and have some fun with this soul sucker.

This old golf pro is going to bed. Wish you fellows a great evening and I will check in with you all tomorrow. I do however regret that none of us will ever meet. Forgive my sentimentality but several of you folks seem like great dudes that I would like to have a coke/coffee with.

Mancala Parakin
    @mancala-parakin

@partshade What’s Propellerhead doing up there without his balloon?

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

I am actually ROFL looking at these… now I don’t feel so bad about my bad luck in AB2!!! @david-martin you have some of most frustrating outcomes I’ve seen!!!

Here’s a few I had published before but now they have a home here :)

This pig survived a drop from the balloon above, within his bastille and hit the ground unharmed.

View post on imgur.com

A micropig that was blasted across the screen to live and talk about it:

View post on imgur.com

I need the green boomerang bird from the other AB series to clear this shot:

View post on imgur.com

Matilda being the only one who could succeed here:

View post on imgur.com

Micropig can lift the weight of a thousand useless Terrences:

View post on imgur.com

Magician pig can also lift the weight of a useless Terrence:

View post on imgur.com

Micropig sleeps beside a geyser, almost invisible:

View post on imgur.com

Micropig balancing act:

View post on imgur.com

Foreman pig sitting high on a perch:

View post on imgur.com

Micropig sitting high on a perch:

View post on imgur.com

David Martin
    @david-martin

Man, in some of these screenshots trying to find the pig is like Where’s Waldo?

Anonymous

@mancala-parakin He spawned on top of a structure that was just big enough to fill the gap in the mountains. When he inflated his balloon, it generated inside the rocks making him unable to move. :P

He did have the balloon. You just couldn’t see it.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

The micropig sitting high on the perch is mind boggling. Scary.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

From today’s DC:
    Get going already, Chef Pig!!! :( (He didn’t. I had to spend gems for more birds to direct kill him.)

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Alright, thanks for the induction to the Hall of Fame. I am again honored (I think, maybe). Here is an entry for today. Was out taking a road trip with my sweetheart so I haven’t had much time to play. Still had some stars in the arena, enough to be in 3rd when I got home and close enough to take 1st place, and this happened …

no

Of course the birds couldn’t reach it, but I tried with the water and …

oh no

Alright, just fine, so play the video and hope to get a chuck or matilda. Got a matilda so even if I lose the round that pig is going to die. Matilda hit something in the water and …

hell no

Bonus image for the day.

just no

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

For today’s Good Luck notion I sadly have no screenshot. :(

Level 279… I’ll soon be moving on from Pigsyland, good riddance.
    Six-wave level, tough set-ups, annoying micropigs, balloon and miner pigs, and the magicians of course. Everything to make me frustrated.
    So I made it to the final room on my first attempt with a bit of luck, had two birds left. Shot Chuck at the top structure in hope to break two glass walls but he didn’t. Shot Mathilda but she alone couldn’t clear the level. Watched the ad and got Red. I would’ve preferred Chuck but ah well. Shot Red at the Magician and… poof, he teleported away. Red screamed at another structure and made it collapse. Then, miraculously, he bounced off that structure in such a way that he landed on a bounce pad, and that bounce pad flung Red STRAIGHT at the magician… broke through a glass ceiling and direct hit the Teleporter and killed him. I was just sat there like “wow… that just happened.”

EDIT: Made it through Level 280 after the 10th attempt and a LOT of frustration because I NEVER got Red for the first room and King Pig ALWAYS managed to dodge the rocky rain…
    Snotting Hill here I come!

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I do not envy you, Yoshi. I revisited some old levels to get three stars and I can see why I was stuck on some levels for days. Good luck, friend.

David Martin
    @david-martin

@smwforever45 – 279 is one of my all-time least favorites. Basically all of the Pigsyland layouts that seem to require 3 birds minimum gang up on you, and the tricks to conserve birds are either nonexistent or dependent on having a specific bird on the starting screen.

I’ve been replaying through all the boss levels, trying to refresh my memory on the strategy for some of them in case they reappear in daily challenges. (But mostly just because beating the snot out of these guys is cathartic.) I’ve realized that the first boss in Pigsyland and the first boss in Mt. Evernest are easily among my least favorites. The Pigsyland boss has so much debris to clear before you can even get to the guy (and snow pigs just to further mess you up), and even with a clear shot it’s hard to get your aim right with all the confusing trampolines pointed every which way. The Mt. Evernest boss is one of the finest examples of a seemingly innocuous but strategically places piece of debris being the most infuriating thing ever. Even if you manage to clear the necessary obstacles to clear a path to the boss’s doom, he just gets stuck on the non-snow patches of ground and refuses to roll. ARGHBLARGHRACKINGFRACKINRAGEQUIT

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@david-martin
    Yup, exactly what I experienced. From all the chapters so far, Pigsyland was definitely the worst.

Also, I just realised Snotting Hill has magician pigs too. Gaaaaaaaaaah!

Circlerev
    @circlerev

Here is another micropig which survived without damage. Luckily I was able to defeat it by using Chuck.

Micropig

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Level 287.

I don’t get it. Every now and then (so far, twice for me in the entire game), I get so lucky. In this run I got FOUR golden pigs and the Destructometer never seemed to slow down. Look how many cards I’ve got at wave 5! TEN when I started the level with seven! This can’t be normal.

David Martin
    @david-martin

@smwforever45 – You’ll be seeing those magician pigs for the rest of the game. Basically any time a new type of pig is introduced, it continues to appear throughout subsequent worlds. The only exception I’ve seen so far is that Gravity Grove gives you a break from the balloon pigs and umbrella pigs, probably only because their talents are gravity-specific and the developers couldn’t figure out how to make it work.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@david-martin
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO… okay. :(
    Magicians have been as much of a pain to me as micropiggies. Both are the main reason I lose levels.
    Oh and I never saw a single umbrella pig in Pigsyland. They now reappear in Snotting Hills. Another plague.

David Martin
    @david-martin

The magician is a huge bird waster. I’ve learned to do things in reverse order when a magician appears in the farthest structure away from me, and just hit him first. It’s annoying because it screws up otherwise ideal one-bird strategies for clearing a room, but basically you have to trick him into moving so that you have time to clobber him with a second bird before hitting him again. Occasionally I can be clever and knock over the first structure while still making my bird bounce in a way that scares the magician into moving, but those situations are few and far between. If he’s off to the right and the leftmost structure is completely blocking my aim, then basically I’m hosed and have to use three birds.

I never realized there were no umbrella pigs in Pigsyland. It just dawned on me that I don’t know what would happen if one hit a trampoline.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Since Yoshi invited people to post good as well as bad, here is one for the books …

sweet

That happened this morning and I believe it is my personal best. Anti-gravity rooms, my strongest rooms, got just the right birds in just the right order, made no mistakes and no immortal micro-pigs managed to curse me. I would fling the bird and the place would fall apart. I think the opponent had all level 6 birds same as me.

That is getting harder to come across these days. Seems the more stars I level up to and the closer I get to having a level 7 bird Rovio is pairing me up with more and more players with more level 7 birds. I can really tell the difference in the scores. But hey, I will take what I can get. I got spoiled winning so often and getting around 600 stars in the arena each week and now I am losing rounds again. Still in 1st place though.

David Martin
    @david-martin

It’s so satisfying when you can get far enough ahead of an opponent to rack up that many stars. It’s rare but it feels so good. I’ve had enough horrible rounds where I’ve flubbed shots early on and just not taken the Arena very seriously past that point, which probably gives some of my opponents a “recorded enemy” to get such an awesome score against.

I’m in the same boat as you regarding level 7 opponents. All of my birds are still at level 6 with several just on the cusp of reaching level 7. I know in the back of my mind when I get there, I’ll just start seeing a bunch of level 8 opponents, so it feels rather like a Sisyphean task, now that I’ve actually articulated it.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum The AB2 Bad Luck (and Good Luck) topic

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 279 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.