The AB2 Bad Luck (and Good Luck) topic

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum The AB2 Bad Luck (and Good Luck) topic

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 279 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@partshade
    Ouch. :O What bird(s) did you have left?

In that case, I want a step-by-step guide how to use a Chilli on a boss level. :P

Anonymous

@smwforever45 Chuck and Red… Wasn’t pretty. Next time I tried though, I did end up beating it. The boss fell into the PERFECT spot for Silver to launch him over to the other platform, then Bomb took care of him.

I wrote a guide on that a while back. You can find it here

David Martin
    @david-martin

I got to demonstrate some of the bad luck and good luck aspects of the game to two little girls this weekend – my friends’ kids who are about 5 and 6, I think. They were surprisingly proficient at the earlier levels of AB2. Then things got hard somewhere around level 25. Since I was “off the grid” all weekend and couldn’t play the Arena, I let them use the excess spells I had gathered from picking up treasure chests in my downtime. They found those quite amusing. I love being able to teach little kids stuff. Guess I won’t be such a bad dad after all when it’s my turn. Unless they get frustrated the same way I get frustrated with games like this. Then life will suck.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Bad luck for the day: rocks just happened to pile up to block the chute towards the other structure. What are the odds of that…. Oh probably to force me to waste another bird.

View post on imgur.com

heybert17
    @heybert17

I just got my tail kicked because every structure that I always take out in 1 shot was falling weird and leaving 2 or more pigs in places 1 bird could not get, didn’t make it more than 4 rooms before I was out of birds, my opponent Eggy Baconbuster wiped the floor with me.

heybert17
    @heybert17

Just had my final little pig get stuck in an endless loop on one of the Halloween levels, I was down to my final bird, my free video bird. I missed when he came around and if the game didn’t end the level when my bird went away, also stuck in the same loop, I could have watched them spin forever.

David Martin
    @david-martin

When watching the video for an extra bird doesn’t help:

Really? You think what I need in this situation is a friggin’ pig inflater?! (This one actually worked out for me, but it didn’t look like it would.)
    IMG_0224.PNG

I had just used a rubber ducky spell. It handily cleared the entire screen except for the one pig I really needed to get rid of.
    IMG_0226.PNG

Take a wild guess what bird I’d just fired before this.
    IMG_0231.PNG

David Martin
    @david-martin

Boss-related B.S.:

Somehow I managed to knock the car right out from under this boss, and he wouldn’t roll in either direction.
    IMG_0212.PNG

One of my most hated bosses. I’ve literally found no other way to kill him but to get him trapped in this corner with the boulders slowly shaving away his life force.
    IMG_0218.PNG

Bonus: see if you can figure out what’s wrong with this picture.
    IMG_0225.PNG

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

I’m gonna take the bait Dave. Is it the one balloon on the structure located on the upper middle portion of the screen?

heybert17
    @heybert17

I have had too many rooms end today with the out of reach pigs only Chuck can reach, and of course I never had, or got chuck with my free video bird. Most of the time I just want to close the app without uselessly flinging the bird.

Anonymous

@david-martin I’m assuming that the problem with the last picture is the fact that the fans make your bird unable to hit that top floating structure, correct?

I’ve had that level before. Whoever made it generate that way needs to be fired. :P

David Martin
    @david-martin

Yeah, just that whole upper structure in general. The fan blows you so hard to the right that you can’t really get up above it. Normally not that big of a problem, but when there’s a floating structure up there and you don’t have Bomb… Grrrrr. Silver or Matilda might be able to pull it off, but it’s a longshot at best.

I had a hilarious lucky situation in one of the new Hamalayas levels today. I made Silver do his sideways swoop into a structure that had a micropig sitting on a ledge on the other side. Instead of dying, the micropig flew across the room, detonated a TNT on the other side, and caused enough mayhem to take out the rest of the pigs on the screen. That’ll never happen again in a million years.

It sucks that I never think to take screenshots of the good luck situations. Probably because by the time I realize how lucky I’ve gotten, you wouldn’t be able to tell from the screenshot what the heck happened.

lousy-pig
    @lousy-pig

Outmatched in Arena

For the record, I lost.

Fortunately it was only the 3rd match in my winning streak. Although there was one time where I lost the 7th match in the winning streak by something like 300,000.

David Martin
    @david-martin

More of the usual “immortal piggy” hijinks:

Square piggy, apparently
    IMG_0216.PNG

This piggy had been hanging in a bucket above the chasm. I popped the balloon above him, and the geyser pushed him to safety. What are the odds?!
    IMG_0217.PNG

Red was caught in a loop and landed just millimeters shy of his target multiple times in a row.
    IMG_0227.PNG

This little piggy went to mock me
    IMG_0223.PNG

Is that a middle finger or are you just happy to see me?
    IMG_0228.PNG

Atlas Piggy
    IMG_0261.PNG

I only have two questions. One, are you serious? And two, ARE YOU FRAKKING SERIOUS??!?!?!
    https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/david-martin/album/picture/19242/

David Martin
    @david-martin

Flagrant violations of gravity:

Leaning Tower of Pigsa, Part 1
    IMG_0210.PNG

Failure to launch
    IMG_0214.PNG

Leaning Tower of Pigsa, Part 2 1/2
    IMG_0211.PNG

The upside-down building kept oscillating back and forth, but wouldn’t fall over. The pig on top would roll from one edge of the roof to the other and back again, but wouldn’t fall off. Almost made me seasick watching him.
    IMG_0215.PNG

OK, so my aim sucks, but Silver’s ground pound should have taken this guy out regardless.
    IMG_0259.PNG

Leaning Tower of Pigsa 33 1/3: The Revenge: Electric Boogaloo. (The artifical bridges above the flowers are a nice touch, I must say.)
    IMG_0260.PNG

PJng
    @pjng

How can balloon go there

AB2 stuck.png

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

LOL @david-martin @pjng sorry about all the bad luck but I am laughing at the ridiculousness AB2 has stooped to rook players out of their gems. After the recent update, it seems Rovio has cranked the BS up to top level because almost nothing seems to work properly anymore.

Here’s a nice big example of bullcrap bad luck I got today. Look carefully at my score… I SHOULD have been winning. But the game still has my opponent’s icon marked as the winner, and I flung my last bird watching the score (mine was still ahead).

Within 2 seconds I was presented with the “Buy in” option EVEN THOUGH MY SCORE WAS AHEAD. I bought in anyway just to see what would happen (screenshot below with 3 new birds), and suddenly I was flipped the win. Wasted 60 gems for nothing. Rovio please fix this annoying bug.

View post on imgur.com

Proteus
    @proteus

@djlarryt Looks like you’re not the only one

Screenshot_2016-06-02-19-54-57.png
    Oh and by the way, how this pig can reach that place ?

Screenshot_2016-05-22-03-43-17.png

David Martin
    @david-martin

No worries, I post these things to share the absurdity/hilarity with the rest of you.

I’ve noticed that Arena bug several times. I think it has to do with a spotty internet connection. The AB server is somehow aware of your opponent’s score a few birds down the line, and is sending back the data to your device to tell you who’s winning, but it isn’t updating the score. That’s my best guess, anyway. When I actually lose one of these matches, the final screen does actually show that my opponent scored higher than me (and higher than what I last saw before firing my last bird).

heybert17
    @heybert17

Even if not a cheat, this is just bad programming. Literally being held up by nothing where I hit it directly.

What!!!!

David Martin
    @david-martin

@heybert17 I’ve seen that situation far too often with that same structure. It’s like the bricks are glued together or something. Normally enough of a push in either direction (even with Blues) is all it takes to make it fall – but often I get unlucky and just knock out one piece without moving the others, and the same thing happens as your screenshot.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Eternal micropig loop for the sole purpose of making me burn my ME spell >:-(

Even the rocks that were flying around with him disintegrated!!

View post on imgur.com

heybert17
    @heybert17

I had that level, same thing, if my last bird didn’t disintegrate ending the level I could still be watching that piggy do his loops.

heybert17
    @heybert17

I can not recall the last time my free video birds wasn’t used to kill one last pig, basically ending my run.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum The AB2 Bad Luck (and Good Luck) topic

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 279 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.