Sonic Dash

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Sonic Dash

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 404 total)
  • Replies
  • burbman
    @burbman

@sutekh137 – If I recall correctly there were two and three resources available on the 5 and 7 stamina battles in the Red event. Can stamina still be crafted from FE? Not that it matters much to me, nearly 1,000 of each. Too lazy to look.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

The award wheels change when you have gotten all the required materials. Although the max single item increases, and if you get that item, your total will increase, the average payout assuming 3* and no respins is less. At least for the 3- [edit] and 5- stamina battles.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@burbman

YES! That is what I was thinking of, the ability to get better rewards by fighting the tougher battles (with a better ratio of stamina to reward, statistically). That’s not the case this time, though I guess the 7-stamina battle does double the chance to 75% to get a craft piece.

Also, I don’t remember waiting 48 hours for the second game to open — am I just being forgetful? I think I have forgotten everything about that Event. *smile*

And yes, I think stamina can still be crafted from FE. But in this case, it would just be smarter to use the FE to re-spin, I think.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@sutekh137 You are right about the gate, in the last gate-event it was 24 hours between each gate opening but that time the event was only 7 days long and this time it is 12 days :-)

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@angryjohnny

I believe the last event was 9 days…

If it takes more time for gates to open, it is going to be hard getting 30 of that last resource in just a day or two. Thirty of an item means needing to fight and spin the wheel 80 times assuming the statistical average of 3/8th for getting the item. Eighty battles means 240 stamina, which means 60 hours worth of stamina (though normal refresh channels, and that’s without missing a single one overnight, etc.)

If gates are delayed, that could mean we only have 3 days or so in that last leg to collect wool (unless they up the reward per spin) Three days is going to be tight for folks that are using stamina from the standard refresh, making it almost impossible to get enough resources. Work hard for 8-9 days just to find out you can’t get enough of the last resource without potentially needing to spend cash to do it. If that’s how this turns out, that’s not going to be pretty.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@whyvez the freeze with chilli on bomb is a bug which also exists in the Arena. I reported it to Rovio as soon as the last update came out. I had it happen in the event also mainly because I thought it was limited to the Arena. It’s consistent I have it whenever I explode bomb unless it’s the first move I make. Skulkers is good in the event but avoid exploding bomb. Rovio know about the bug they will if you ask, reimburse your stamina.

Jim151
    @jim151

If it takes more time for gates to open, it is going to be hard getting 30 of that last resource in just a day or two. Thirty of an item means needing to fight and spin the wheel 80 times assuming the statistical average of 3/8th for getting the item. Eighty battles means 240 stamina, which means 60 hours worth of stamina (though normal refresh channels, and that’s without missing a single one overnight, etc.)

I’ve been hoarding my stamina drinks for just such an occasion. I haven’t used any this event so far, nor in any of the previous 5-6 events, and I now have 537 stored up.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@jim151

Exactly. I have around 800.

But imagine a new person playing along, thinking they are doing great, then BAM, they can’t get what they need. That would stink.

I really hope that isn’t how things go down…

Thanks,
    Sutekh137

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

@sutekh137 I joined the red event halfway in due to being out on a trip and I only had about 100 stamina drinks and about 50 Pink gems at that time but I managed to get the class. I would think the new players should be able to get it if they do it right

Tman
    @tman

I heard back from Rovio about the Kindle Fire update availability. Apparently there is a problem with the Amazon update that they are still working on. I’m thinking that the update will come after the event.

Luckily it works fine on my HTC One M8, but I’d really prefer the larger screen on the tablet.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

Below is one of my posts from the first mini-campaign. Sorry, but I have copied the whole post here.

“It looks like there are 2 slightly different games.

I have played with my level 18 game on both iOS and android devices – and have found differences in the items to be gathered and the prize wheels on each device. My son also has a game on iOS. However his iOS game is the same as the version of the game on my android device. So it is not just iOS vs android.

The list of items required to be gathered for each game are
    game 1: 10 feathers, 15 flowers, 15 tusks, 15 stone pieces, 40 stars
    game 2: 20 feathers, 25 flowers, 40 tusks, 40 stone pieces, 35 stars

The prizes Wheels for easy and medium battles are
    game 1
    Easy: Feather, 20 points, stamina, 30 points, 75 points, 25 points, stamina, 15 points
    Medium: 2xFeather, 40 points, stamina, 60 points, 150 points, 50 points, stamina, 30 points

game 2
    Easy: Feather, 20 points, stamina, 30 points, feather, 25 points, stamina, 15 points
    Medium: 2xFeather, 40 points, stamina, 60 points, feather, 50 points, stamina, 30 points

So game 2 appears to have more items (feathers at this stage) on the prize wheel and for collection, but requires you to collect fewer stars.”

This is probably going to confuse people, but in the first mini-campaign there were initially 2 game conditions (game 1 and game 2). Some were initially playing game 1 but most were playing game 2. I assume most people did not realise this. Everyone moved to game 2 after about 1 day. Game 2 required players to collect a larger number of each ingredient. So just look at the info relevant to game 2.

The rewards wheels for the second game had more than one of the ingredients at some positions on the wheel. The medium battles had a position on the rewards wheel with 2 ingredients. And I am pretty sure the hard battles had 3 ingredients at one position on the wheel.

When we get to the later stages, and need more ingredients, I would not be surprised to see higher numbers of ingredients on the rewards wheel.

I do recall it was possible to get all of the ingredients at least one or two days before the end of the tournament. Even for people who slept normal hours. Some of us were impatient and of course spent some stamina so we could get the new head set early.

So people, don’t panic just yet. We will learn more when the next gate opens.

I’ve got to turn my sound off. That Sonic and his stupid “come on” sure is annoying.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

While it is possible to get the prize if you miss a mid-night stamina fill, you can’t miss too many and still get all of the items. Rovio wants people to *almost* get the prize, because then they spend money to get the extra stamina.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

I think Rovio have changed the 6th level now since you can not choose Red in that level (pretty sure I could right after the gate opened). By doing that I had a bit of trouble 3 staring that level. If anyone is having that same problem this is the strategy I used:

1) Hold back on spending the chili, it should ONLY be used on Sonic to reset the counter for the big fishes’ countdown attacks.
    2) Use Bomb with a class that is most powerful (Sea Dog or Corsair if you have that) with your most powerful set items.
    3) Use Matilda with Druid (preferable with the Sweet-set items).
    4) Sonic should be attacking first on an enemy to put the cloud out so the damage spreads to all enemies, UNLESS the big robot fish is about to attack with his countdown attack the next round. In that case use the chili on him to reset the counter.
    5) Bomb should attack the enemy that has the cloud (or if you feel safe and are using Pirate/Corsair use the Arrr! support ability to strengthen the party).
    6) Matilda should always heal the party unless they are fully healed then attack like Bomb.

With this strategy I had no major issues getting 3 star on level 6.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@angryjohnny they certainly have. The first time I attempted it I used Paladin and Wizard. I won just because Wizard was equipped with time jump and I got 3 stars. Pure luck!

Now I have successfully used Wizard and Spies no time jump occurred. I use Sonic to buff Wizard and used Chilli. It fills up in time for the big fish. I alternately used Sonic to buff Wizard and Spies so they both did the extra 50% damage. Not difficult to 3 star.

Certainly worth a try. Especially if you have twin lightening. Spies was equipped with the robots.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@angryjohnny and @bubbley That’s really strange. I used red when I originally did level 6 on the map. I believe the special condition when I originally did this level was Tranquil Air, and that is what it is now.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@kerravon @angryjohnny yes just came to play again. Now it’s just tranquil air. Unfortunately the battle froze so I lost 7 stamina for nothing. I wish Rovio would stop mucking about and actually solve problems.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@KerrAvon

KA, the voice of reason, as usual. I certainly hope you are right!

The difference this time (in my opinion) is the delayed gating. IIRC, the Red Event opened a new gate every 24 hours, so by day four or five it was wide open. Am I incorrect in my remembrance?

In this Event, with the Second Gate taking 48 hours to open, we are already “up against it” a bit unless rewards increase (they did not between the first and second resource, but that’s because we only needed 5 and 10 items, respectively — still pretty easy).

When the second gate opens, we will have 8 days to get 75 resources (correct me if I am wrong on that). Eight days of stamina, with three hours off per night, means 84 stamina per day. That means 28 3-stamina battles per day. ***IF THE SPIN-REWARD SCHEME STAY THE SAME*** that would equate to 10.5 resources gathered, so call it 11.

Eleven resources per day means 88 resources. Not a hugely comfy margin over the required 75.

And that’s not even considering what happens if there are more delayed gate openings that make the crunch for 25 and 30 items down the road even more onerous.

All I know is that I didn’t feel any sort of crunch, at all, in the Red Event (and that without using stamina or FE much). I’m a curmudgeon, but still didn’t notice anything amiss. So, if something seems “off” now, then I think it’s different enough to be concerned about it. Of course, it all depends on whether or not the spin rewards change and whether or not gate delays continue. And we won’t know that for another 26 hours or so. *smile*

Thanks,
    sutekh137

LeUsername
    @thisepicplayer

I’m actually doing quite well in this event. I have already gotten the 2 required items that are obtainable, and I’m waiting for the third one.

burbman
    @burbman

I don’t know about you all, but once I have completed all of the levels within a gated area, I go back and spend my stamina on the three drink level, as I can play that level five times on one full stamina charge and earn my daily supplies faster than by focusing on the more expensive battles. Once I have obtained all the daily ingredients needed, then I focus on the five stamina battles, as they can easily be completed without potions, and earn quite a few event points. Not sure what the point of the seven stamina battles is except to give a challenge before moving on to the next wave.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@burbman

I am doing exactly the same thing.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Also make note that you have to get 55 stars to open the golden dungeon at the end of the levels so getting as many 3 stars-levels as possible is recommended ;-)

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

@sutekh137 @burbman
    Same here.. avoiding the 7-stamina battles cuz of this math provided.

7-battle = top reward 750 (can only do 2 per full recharge so total 1500, but harder)
    5-battle = top reward 500 (can only do 3 per full recharge so total 1500, but easy)
    3-battle = top reward 250 (can only do 5 per full recharge so total 1250, but easy)

so it’s a no-brainer :-)

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@angryjohnny I can only count 17 spots to fight battles so where do the extra 4 stars come from?

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@bubbley Boss battles (like the wasp after the next gate) maybe?

Red7827
    @gulgor0

@bubbley If you tap and hold on the resources you need to collect, you can see that there are 20 levels to play. 20 x 3 means that there are max 60 stars to collect, so you don’t have to worry about getting all the stars.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Sonic Dash

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 404 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.