Set Items

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Set Items

Viewing 25 replies - 401 through 425 (of 771 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Lovely. I got an L62 Sonic Orb to replace my old L52 one. Scrapping it got me a refund of six shards :D

Pointless
    @pointless

Is it just me, or are Resources just that scarce now that Enchantment has been introduced? I have a large stash of Shards, yet precious few Square Wood etc. to make the process work (not that I’m looking to Enchant, but I am really on the fence regarding Finisher over my current Scissors).

angryde
    @angryde

@pointless It’s not you, mate. I grind Pumpkin Plateau – 2 until my fingers bleed.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I’m still low on Shards while rich on high-end resources… I have ~600 Rainbow Shells, ~600 Metal Bars and ~400 Square Wood at the moment :)
    Since I constantly grind 11-4 I get a lot of Floatsam, Skulls and Slingshot Twigs. I use those for enchantment in addition to the high-end materials :)

angryde
    @angryde

@smwforever45 Damn Yosh… I ran out of resources months ago… and I have 260 e-shards to spend! And I grind 11-4 and 13-5 for a couple of hours every single day!

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@angryde
    I don’t enchant beyond M5… And I don’t have much to enchant yet… So yeah. :P

angryde
    @angryde

@smwforever45 I remember your “not beyond E:5” policy, Yosh :P I have my on-hand for Sam, Wiz and Spies to E:10; their off-hands are all currently at E:8. Matilda’s Honey Jar/Spoon is currently E:7/E:7. Same as my arena gear… I have a 52/52 Blessed Set at E:10/E:10 but I rarely use it now. Gunna start on my Candy Bomb/Chain soon!

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 I think you mean E5 rather than M5. :)

Speaking of enchantment, you know what would be cool? An upgrade (with new designs and such) that reduces the number of shards required to enchant with each upgrade. It can look like a trophy with a shard on top (just like the chili one).

Or maybe something that gives you more materials and shard back after scrapping after each upgrade level.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@angryde
    While I consider a few sets worth an E10 enchant, I don’t do that unless the level cap is a DEFINITE maximum. However, I guess that by the time this happens, the game will be discontinued. XD

@datguygamer

Yeah, that’s true, sorry. Too lazy to correct it right now :P

Yeah that would certainly be cool! I favour the second idea, though. You should especially get more shards back. Or make the material mining spots into a minigame. Test your finger speed! The faster you tap, the more you’ll get from the spot! Time limit 10 seconds.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 Nice idea but would the mini-game be a floating button or something that you tap in your camp to enter?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    Nono! You tap on the collection spot once you unlock it (or once the game allows you to re-harvest it). It’s an actual mine, you just tap on it as fast as possible and each tap means a chop on the wood stump, an item coming out of the sea shell, or a pick with a pickaxe, depending on which type of collection spot you’re currently at.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 I get it now. Great idea.

But more upgrades would be nice.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    You mean, like, a 4th tier of items?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 Upgrades to anything possible. What 4th tier are you talking about?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    Like, items that come AFTER square wood etc. Even higher tiers for even better blueprints, or even faster enchantment.

Marty Schofield
    @marty-schofield

They could fix the level cap issue right now if they wanted to. Change level 62 set items to “max level” items. Then if the level cap is ever raised, the “max level” items are also raised. If the level 60 cap went to 70, then your “max level” items earned at 60 (level 62) would then become level 72 items.

All the other levels could stay the same, just set items earned and enchanted when a player has maxed out their levels should always stay at the max level.

Also, they need to put in an option to merge items. If you roll a duplicate set item instead of just scrapping it for 1 enchantment shard, you should be able to merge it to your existing item so it goes up 1 level.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@marty-schofield
    Especially the item merging is a great (and long overdue) idea! Same goes for non-set items.
    Alternatively, item merging could also be used to upgrade a set item that was at level 52, but now you got a fresh one at level 62. The enchantment level of the old item would be carried over.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 So by items you meant materials? Okay then. I thought by items you were referring to weapons, offhands, potions etc. Fair enough.

Joanna Caccavo
    @joanna-caccavo

I’d love a list of great set + bird combos (like Bard + Nightmare set). Anyone have suggestions? :)

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@joanna-caccavo
    I can recommend:
    – Samurai + Grand Slam
    – Knight + Dragon (it seems to do two attacks rather than one when the effect triggers, unlike with other classes… it’s weird)
    – Thunderbird OR Mage + Twin Lightning
    – Bard + Nightmare as you already mentioned
    – Cannoneer + Finisher (the 3x damage can trigger 3 times, giving you a better chance to do tremendous damage than with a class that hits only once)
    – Skulkers OR Treasure Hunters OR Tricksters + Artillery
    – Spies + BEEP!

Anyone reading this, feel free to add a combo, or correct me if I got something wrong. ;)

Joanna Caccavo
    @joanna-caccavo

@smwforever45

Thanks! :) May I ask the reasoning behind the chuck combo and tricksters combo? (Not immediately obvious to me but I’m still a newb!)

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@joanna-caccavo
    Twin Lightning provides high bonus damage with a decent chance to all enemies. If it triggers, that means devastating damage, since Thunderbird and Mage are the strongest hitters. Whenever someone in the Arena that I’m facing has this combo, I start praying.

Artillery increases the critical damage bonus from 50% to 150%. So, if a hit is critical, it will deal 250% instead of 150% damage.
    Treasure Hunters is the strongest Blues’ class in terms of damage output, so it’s obvious that they will be the primary choice for this set.
    Skulkers are very effective as well, for high damage and the debuff that will increase the already high damage by another 30%.
    Tricksters are an alternative if you don’t have any of these classes.

Suikyo
    @suikyo

@smwforever45

Cannoneer with Finisher doesn’t cause that much damage. Each attack can just trigger about 1/3 of the set bonus.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@suikyo
    It’s a question of taste.
    I guess both ways are good :)
    Using it with Cannoneer gives you a 23.89% chance to do 100% bonus damage, a 44.36% chance to do 200% bonus damage, and a 27.46% chance to do 300% bonus damage.
    Whereas for other classes, it’s a 65% chance to do 300% bonus damage.
    Cannoneer makes it less likely to miss the bonus effect, but the reward is a bit lower.

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

@joanna-caccavo

Regarding sets, for me it often depends on circumstances if I have a choice. I’m sarting to have quite a bit of choices for Matilda and Chuck but have to rely on basically one set for the others. the GPM has not been very generous to me recently :)

For Red:

His best set all around is Dragon for sure. I finally landed the Lvl62 shield part of it recently. Dragon has been my only Red set for a long time but I scrapped the Lvl52 soon after the last Mastery and enchantment cap upgrade.

Second and great in the arena is Banner Breaker. That’s my only complete Red set. Mine’s fully enchanted to E10 and coupled with Palladin, it’s deadly. Stone Guard can be devastating against the banner with it too.

For Chuck:

I have 3 full sets, all fully enchanted: Last Will (great in the Arena), Twin Lightning and Time Jump. Twin Lightning and Mana used to be my go to but now I use Time Jump often too. Like Last Will its defensive part (Chronometer) gives that 8% attack boost. I prefer sets where the defensive item yields increased attack. But the bonuses on Twin Lightning make it the clear best for Chuck.

But I’m still waiting for half of Mana and half of Reset. If I get Reset, it will be my main Arena set. I’ve suffered its deadly effects too often… Mana is usefull against poisonous enemies.

For Matilda:

I have both the complete Sweet and Lasting Song sets as well as half of Nature’s Blessing and half of Cleansing Light. Cleansing Light is probably my favorite Matilda set. It has that 8% extra attack and great bonuses. It was deadly whan my birds were a lot weaker so I can’t wait to use it again with my M15 Elite Bard and M15 Witch. Again, got rid of my L52 versions long ago.

For Bomb

The new Boarding set looks great. But I’ve been using Scissors forever and its my favorite one. I have L62 Paper but waiting on L62 Rock. The 33% chance of 40% bonus damage to all is killer. I would LOVE to get Finisher though. I feel it will become my favorite when I get it. Bomb has some of the best sets. My least favorite one is PickPocket.

For Blues:

*Beep*, no contest. Close second is Artillery, but edge to Beep for me. Unfortunately for me as Blues is probably my favorite bird, I have only half of both and waiting to complete both sets. At least I have Remote Control and Ballista sothey complete each other ;). I used Save Me! a lot before too when my birds were weaker. Cheater and Shadow Steps are pretty useless to me.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Set Items

Viewing 25 replies - 401 through 425 (of 771 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.