Player versus Player battles in version 1.2.1

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Player versus Player battles in version 1.2.1

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 297 total)
  • Replies
  • bouboule
    @bouboule

It’s not really P2P, you’re playing against real players’ birds but they’re controlled by a computer

burbman
    @burbman

@filthycasual – If I knew that there was a strong possibility that my birds would be subject to a very strong attack prior to my being able to mount an attack of my own, I could counter with setting a lineup that offered shielding/counterattack buffs that could help me to survive the initial attack and potentially deal some damage in return at the same time. Players already have the ability to see what they are going to face in battle, so decisions can be made accordingly. It would be up to the player to decide what lineup they wanted to use, (offense, defense, some balance?) and single bird buffs would be applied randomly. It is not perfect, but life rarely is.

sheldoncooper12
    @sheldoncooper12

Losing the coin flip is a death sentence for me. All the same, it appears to be fun. If luck should had me three bad coin flips in a row, it will make for a short challenge.

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

Just saw an advertising video of ABE about the new PvP… it showed 2 knights battling it out at real time which is not what ABE’s PvP actually is…

Very misleading and can lead to lawsuits for false advertising

burbman
    @burbman

Lawsuits? Really? It is a free game…

Greilich
    @greilich

I win almost every battle…I only lose when the stupid game stops working…I’ll have the blue circle around a character, indicating he can take a turn, but cannot drag him into the fight. I have to re-boot the game and of course then I lose a “life”. Very frustrating. Otherwise it’s been a lot of fun.

TheAwesome
    @awesomez53

I know. It happened once and dropped me down to 1 banner remaining.

In 2 days, I got 5k from Daily Objectives 2nd Day. In the lead. >:D

Oh and I’m in Wood League. With the Golden Chilli, I’ll be good to go.

mo
    @mofavo

@burbman-have you changed your banner top, flag or emblem to strategically address who you are competing against? I just got another flag so trying to figure if there is a strategy with the banner especially if you lose the toss? entered the event a day late so playing catch up.

bouboule
    @bouboule

Dammit I won all my fights, but because of that stupid glitch preventing me to use one of my birds I had to abandon 3 times…

TheAwesome
    @awesomez53

6k and I almost lost. My banner went all the way down to 76 HP with 2 Debuff Effects. Too close. I’m 1st. I ‘ll be stone in no time at all. (until the next 2 days including this)

burbman
    @burbman

@mofavo – I have not done much with my banner, as all I have is a couple of TNT box tops. If I had more powerful pieces, I certainly would be trying out different combos.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

There are many ways to address the coin flip advantage, but I doubt Rovio will do anything.

Another simple thing that could be done is that the defending side could be allowed to use one bird like the samurai to shield then the attacking side gets to use 3 birds to attack then the defending side gets to use its remaining two birds.

You could restrict the side winning the toss to using only buffs the first round.

You could do 1 full turn then alternate between 2 full turns for each side, but this probably won’t work very well.

The buff idea can work too. You’d do something like a permanent 10-15% health and damage bonus for the defending side for the entire battle or maybe something like a randomly selected second emblem.

The point is that it is very easy to offset the coin flip advantage, but Rovio just chose not to do so.

TheAwesome
    @awesomez53

1st Set Item I had was that Firey flag. :) Helps so much for a Lvl 15.

mo
    @mofavo

Thx-@burbman-I was noticing my losses were to the competitors that had extra banner pieces. hopefully there will be more free pig machine rolls going forward so chances to improve the banners. I keep getting a notice that a friend has given me a free roll but can not locate where that is-not showing up. think the banners are suppose to be the key to surviving the loss coin toss.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I know several of you don’t like this new PvP portion, but it appears to be more successful than past events. All 15 people on my leaderboard have a score greater than zero. In the past 1/3 people never even bothered to play. I completed all 3 objectives yesterday and today. Even if I complete the 3 tomorrow I still have no chance of making the top 3. I’m surprised to see several scores at 16k+. That means they’d have to complete every objective and earn 5k+. The max you can earn from a spin is 75, but half the time the enemy strikes first so you aren’t likely to 3 star the level. Let’s be generous and say they are averaging 50 pts a battle. That means they’d have to win 100-200 battles in 2 days.

I guess if you have level 41 set items it shouldn’t be very hard to win every battle. Most of the people I’m fighting are a lower mastery level than me, but virtually all of them do more damage because they have better set items.

One thing that is absurd is if they give you an objective that requires using a certain bird you don’t have they don’t allow you to use that bird. They should allow you to temporarily use that bird with a level 1 mastery that can’t be improved until the headset is purchased so you can complete the objective or they shouldn’t give you that objective.

fausty
    @fausty

I am getting quite frustrated wiTh the pvp also and need to vent:
    – the opponents are ko one less turn than me: their first ko turn is spent with 1 ko bar mine is 0 bar
    – defense of, often translates in no dmg for the defending bird especially at the start
    – and as so many of you mentionned losing coin toss is pretty much game over
    – some items for the banner are simply overpowered. I saw a spike shield reflecting 35% of dealt dmg
    – 20 golds for more tries is a pure rip off

Caves were ok (10 rounds get old fast though) but this is more frustrration than fun

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

No, the intent is to force you to spend Gold to buy the Bird and raise mastery. That’s precisely what this PVP thing is about- to drive MTX.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

One simple thing they could do to reduce the advantage of winning the coin toss is to remove the golden chilli from these battles. There is no need for it in a bird v bird battle.

This will of course reduce our advantage when we win the coin toss.

TheAwesome
    @awesomez53

Definitely too OP, Golden Chilli

I’m already 7k in 2 days after I found out a strat on Day 2.

Rassell1234
    @rassell1234

Does anyone have a problem that epic items for banner doesnt work??
    I have a Blessed idol(increase health 20%) and blazing cloth( increase power attack 10%) but they dont increase anyhing for my Birds. i checked normal items and they work fine.

This game became now Pay to win, I give up, I can’t even win a single battle now since everyone in turn one if they start kill with all their legendaries half of my party before I can even do anything, lost 3 battles today, lost 3 last day after winning 1. So everyone who paid have all the legendaries to get to the top so there is no way to get there if you are not playing at the same level.

I just say thanks but no thanks, not worth any of my time anymore.

marioandsonic
    @marioandsonic

It’s a pretty cool edition to have PVP in this game (or PVP with AI controlling your opponent birds, whatever). That said, I do have some thoughts:

1. Whoever gets to go first has WAY too much of an advantage. If your opponent goes first, you’re guaranteed to lose at least one bird. (Also, my birds take 4 turns, not 3, to revive. Probably a glitch.) There has to be a way to balance this…maybe the player going first can’t knock out any birds on their first turn, leaving a bird that would be KO’d with 1 HP? Give the team that goes second a 10% health increase? I dunno, just something.

2. It does seem like that game is more Pay to Win now (which it technically isn’t, because the PVP does not affect the main game as far as I know), so maybe setting up some kind of tiers would be a good idea. For example, you can only be match up against teams whose total mastery level is only so many levels above yours?

3. Speaking of what I said in thought 2…Aside from earning snoutlings, there doesn’t seem to be any affect on the main game by playing the PVP. Maybe getting some set items would help? Ooh, you could maybe go the World of Warcraft route and be able to buy set items with PVP points?

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

I would ride it out this week then all those players who has paid to be stronger will be moved to a higher league clearing the way for us normal players to enjoy it more when it gets balanced out

mo
    @mofavo

Theory on arena player crash-anyone else notice that when your bird gets stuck and you have to leave the game-occurs after a banner attack where the banner has bird protection? only have a n=3 sample but I think something that protects the banner from the bird gets turned on and then you can not attack with bird again.and have to back out taking a lost.

TheAwesome
    @awesomez53

Great. I have “5 Wins with Skulkers” for 3k. I don’t have it. They shouldn’t have done stuff like that. It’s not fair.

Now I might be off 1st.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Player versus Player battles in version 1.2.1

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 297 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.