Player versus Player battles in version 1.2.1

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Player versus Player battles in version 1.2.1

Viewing 25 replies - 226 through 250 (of 297 total)
  • Replies
  • KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@ineptidude Forgive my ignorance, but what is a lag switch? And how does it help you reset objectives?

ineptidude
    @ineptidude

If you want specifics you should google it. Mine is just a light switch I soldered into the middle of an Ethernet cord. It’s used to cut and restore the connection at the flip of a switch in order to induce lag time.

The point I’m trying to make however is that the arena is going to be full of ‘cheaters’ until rovio takes steps to prevent this.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@ineptidude thanks for your reply. Essentially, if we follow on from your observations in previous posts, you are trying to induce an unstable Internet connection. And this, somehow, is able to trigger the reset.

I did a quick investigation into lag switches (not in depth) and it looks like this is not a typical application for a lag switch. Did you just try it and it happened to work?

Sorry for bugging you about this.

Edit: And does it still work now that the holiday event has been terminated?

ineptidude
    @ineptidude

I just did it. Just now. Still works. I was just noticing certain patterns when I was getting reset objectives that indicated I was having issues connecting to rovio’ servers on their end while they were working on it. So I caused it to happen on my end. Same thing. And weird, online gaming is certainly a typical application for a lag switch. Although I suppose you could just unplug and replug cables and get the same effect.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@ineptidude I was aware online gaming was a typical application, but thought it was used where multiple online gamers were interacting.

I wonder if the moderator will remove these posts. We certainly don’t want to encourage this type of activity on EPIC.

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

@ineptidude so you basicly cheat, don’t you. Unfortunatelly there are so many cheaters out there and will be more soon and I wonder if I’ll ever be able to move to the highest arena rank even though I spent a lot of real money in this game. That’s not fair.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@cosmo2503 Please read the rest of this thread. Many of us were wondering how players could get such high scores so quickly. What we have deduced is that players may be forcing their games to reset the challenges and number of banners, after completing their original challenges. This would allow them to complete multiple sets of challenges within a single day. As you have noted, this resetting of challenges also occurs during some crashes.

I don’t know why @ineptidude has a lag switch, but he has tried it as part of this investigation and shared this information. This really does need to be relayed to Rovio so that they can try to combat this.

ineptidude
    @ineptidude

@cosmo2503 If it’s more than 200 usd then you beat me. Maybe rovio will put in the ability to exchange LC for new objectives. Then we can truly descend into the Mobage depth of pay to win.

@kerravon
    I put it together when I was playing Metal Gear Online. After than I’ve just been using it as a regular connector cable for my desktop. In order for it to be effective it needed to replace the cable between my modem and wifi router. I could have just unplugged and replugged the one already there but it’s really hard to reach and the switch has more slack.

It’s also possible that others have a crappy enough internet connection that they aren’t doing anything and still getting their objectives reset.

Anyway one solution would be to separate the arena login from the main game and add more checks and balances.

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

@ineptidude I spent between 600 – 700 USD on this game (still have 12150 LC unused)… Sorry for thinking you might be cheater, I thought you purposely shut your internet connection to reset your daily objectives mulitiple time a day just to climb on your leaderboard and take advantage over other people who don’t know anything about that and don’t use it.

@kerravon
    thank you for clarification. As you remember reset of daily chalenges happened to me twice during rovio’s server issues but as i said I have nothing with that.

hack1ge
    @hack1ge

This is inline with what I was seeing the other day. I would see the game hang at loading and then I would reset it and when I logged in the objectives would be reset. I had it happen like 4-5 times during the course of a period and went from like 15k to 60k so this is definitely how folks are getting so high. I wasn’t doing it intentionally and it kept happening because I was queue dodging hacked teams in arena by logging out and logging in. I kept running into teams with rank 99 or 9999.

I hope they fix it because I would like some good fair competition and not have to resort to cheating just to keep up.

With the event ending, the game no longer does this naturally so if people jump up significantly in your ladder then report them as they are now doing it intentionally.

TheAwesome
    @awesomez53

I am having the best noobish time in PvP ever
    I’m low leveled and most of my friends are high leveled and they don’t EVEN reach their top 3 unfortunely.

illawarrior
    @illawarrior2

I got an Archmage months ago. From memory it came from the Mighty Eagle Dojo.

illawarrior
    @illawarrior2

One of the daily objectives is to win 2 arena battles without healing any of your own birds. I have done this multiple times, but it is not recognising them as achievements. Does anyone have any idea why?

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

If one of the birds die and come back, that’s considered as healing. Have to make sure none of your birds gets knocked out as well

illawarrior
    @illawarrior2

It depends on what birds your opponent has.

illawarrior
    @illawarrior2

Yes, it works, I start each game with a full chili

Ishkibob
    @paulkuhnusn

if you have any items that increase the maximum amount of health of the birds, it counts as a heal. I had to change totems to complete the objective.

Mimi27
    @mimi27

Oddly, I have two of the same objectives– win two battles with Matilda and then win 3 battles with Matilda. Unfortunately my third objective will be impossible for me, as it requires me to win with Seadog and I have never had enough LC to purchase that one.

The most logical decision I have made is to wait until my birds grow more powerful; I already have some of the most powerful birds in my area and after some time, I will be able to defeat even the most powerful teams of birds anywhere. I have been testing different teams for strategies of the most advantageous bird teams that will subdue enemies while healing great amounts of health. I have found that the Spies Class for the Blues serves this purpose well, but they need further mastery.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

I have found that for the last 2 times that the game has crashed following watching an ad before an arena battle that I do not automatically lose the battle. Have Rovio fixed this, or have I just been lucky? Have others noticed this?

Anonymous

I have a slightly off topic question but which emblem is better? Thorns or Shroud? Also is Underdog any good?

Paladin
    @jsant

I saw a new emblem today, but can’t remember the name. I have probably done over 1,000 battles and this was the first time I’ve seen it. It looks like a ball of spikes and reflects 15% of damage done to the banner to ALL birds (45% damage if all birds are alive). Thorns does 35% damage to only the attacking bird. If I get my hands on it, that would be my emblem of choice.

Another great one (called Resurrection I think) gives a 30% chance of reviving with 50% HP to all birds.

As for Underdog, haven’t thought of any good use cases for it. Maybe Paladin + Lightning Bird or Paladin + Tricksters?

TomC
    @tomc

I like Thorns better than Shroud; Underdog is fun to use with Paladin + Captain (or Sea Dog) for quick takedowns of the banner, but overall playing with 2 birds is just not as optimal as 3 birds despite the 40% boost.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

The banner that is better is entirely dependent on the birds you are fighting. For example, the thorns banner would be very ineffective if you fought rain bird, druid and rogues because almost no damage would’ve reflected back so the shroud would clearly be better in that case. If you are fighting other birds like the Sea Dog, then Thorns is clearly better because it reflects a lot of damage back and in the Sea Dog’s case it also lowers the damage he can do to you.

Some banners don’t work. For example, I have a banner that says it increases the health of all bird by 10%, but my birds’ health do not change when I equip with a different banner.

Anonymous

@jsant @tomc @killerkea Thanks everybody! All of your suggestions are extremely helpful to me! Its great to know about the Resurrection and Demolition ( Which is what I’m calling the spike ball emblem until I get the real name ) emblems. The advice the @killerkea gave me will help a TON. As for the combos @tomc and @jsant gave me I think they are great and convinced me to use Underdog occasionally. Thanks again!

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Player versus Player battles in version 1.2.1

Viewing 25 replies - 226 through 250 (of 297 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.