Player versus Player battles in version 1.2.1

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Player versus Player battles in version 1.2.1

Viewing 25 replies - 201 through 225 (of 297 total)
  • Replies
  • filthycasual
    @filthycasual

update day 3(?) of week 2

My level 16 device is still stomping on everything and at this point I’m grinding snoutlings from the arena in order to continue to upgrade mastery without leveling up. I think the interest is to see how far this will travel, but it clearly demonstrates how off-center the arena is.

I did get my first unobtainable objective today (win 5 battles with a class I don’t own). So there is that, but I’m still first place with a 6k lead over #2. Don’t know if #2 has beaten his daily objectives yet.

Thing is, I don’t want the arena to get more balanced. I want more single player content, but I suppose I have no right to demand it since most people would rather something like this (if it were more balanced, skill based, and less buggy I suppose this would be wildly popular)

I much more enjoy my level 37 device, but it can’t compete for a second in the arena against matched sets around that level. I can eek out a win if I win the coin flip. Otherwise no chance.

It’s a bummer of a moment for epic, really. The arena is incredibly imbalanced, constantly crashing (with forced losses), offers unobtainable objectives, and may(?) be overrun with hackers. Meanwhile the Christmas event is constantly resetting and the servers are completely inaccessible sporadically throughout the day (I’m still hanging on the loading account screen intermittently).

A moment is just a moment, though. There’s always next year ;)

Grumpy Cat
    @inimical

@filthycasual It’s too bad they removed halfway restarting of cave levels. There was a period of time where I was trying to keep my levels low, whilst farming snouts for masteries, and my favorite method was to play 3-4 with Skulkers and Piggy McCool. With some focus I could farm anywhere from 2-4k snouts an hour.

TheAwesome
    @awesomez53

I am dead by Level 17 and 16s because they go first

and when they go first, MOSTLY EVERYONE aims for my Chuck. (for the chilli attack)
    and it breaks my plans many times. :(

ineptidude
    @ineptidude

Ok so hoisted by own petard. I had the game suspended while in the arena lobby and was reading this thread. When I went back to the game I was the only one on the leaderboard. So big deal right? It happens, it probably didn’t load the others. So I went back to the map. The holiday event reset. Again. Then I went back to the arena. My leaderboard was populated again, however, my daily challenges were reset. Three new ones, I already completed the previous ones for today, and my score hasn’t changed. So it definitely happens and it is a server goof, not a pay to win thing. Submit a bug report to rovio or something. I’m winning this round :)

Edit: Finished the new ones and got them to reset again. Definitely a connection issue.

TheAwesome
    @awesomez53

Not that, their skills

They are so good! Even with my Golden Chilli! and they don’t hack!

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Enemy birds do not always target Chuck. They target the bird with the lowest health. Usually Chuck has the lowest health.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@ineptidude @cosmo2503 mentioned in a previous post that the game crashed and reset her objectives 2 days in a row when she was playing at 9 pm her local time (I think 1 pm west coast USA). This is just a couple of hours ago. Does this correspond with the time you had your reset?

Thanks for doing the 3h of investigative work (5,000 pts in 3 h). I am surprised you could play that long without the game crashing and you losing a banner each time.

ineptidude
    @ineptidude

Yeah I suppose. When I made that post is when I got it to happen. But I think it could be anytime if I experiment with the memory usage on my phone. A lot of it seems to do with using cellular data as I can never get anything to happen on wifi. Probably because wifi is too stable of a connection.

And uh yeah no problem. I just couldn’t sleep last night

Mimi27
    @mimi27

My game crashed and reset my objectives for the first time (other than the usual constant crash and reset of Events medals) this evening. It happened around 7:30 pm PST. My new objectives are pretty easy–mainly using Paladin or any Red but my opponents are tough and I rarely win the coin toss. I’m hanging on to rank #12 for dear life and waiting for this week to end so I can go back to the Wood level.

TomC
    @tomc

@mimi27 Hm I don’t think you can actually move down leagues? At least there aren’t any icon indicators for being downgraded?

Mimi27
    @mimi27

@TomC, I thought maybe we got bumped down if we scored low enough but perhaps I’m doomed to stay in the stone league permanently. At this point I’ll be happy just to have the game load. It’s been crashing and hanging while trying to load the levels. I’ve had my daily objectives changed at least twice but sadly before I was able to achieve them.

Anonymous

Everyone says that the coin toss isn’t 50/50 and that they usually lose it most of the time. Just yesterday I won the toss about 6 or 7 times in a row. I don’t know what to think anymore.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@mimi27 I think you will just have to wait it out for a couple of rounds, as more players move up to the stone league from the wood league and the more competitive players from the current stone league continue to move up.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I haven’t kept stats on the coin flip, but I’m inclined to think it is fair cause I’ve had long streaks where I won the toss and long streaks where I lost the toss. It seems like I’ve had more bad streaks, but most people remember their bad luck easier then their good luck.

ineptidude
    @ineptidude

While they were working on the servers I got my completed objectives reset again. But it turns out it also resets my losses for the day. I had one banner left and now I have three. Looks like your son is off the hook @kerravon

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@ineptidude It looks like you have solved the Question of the extreme high scores – games crashing at particular times and challenges being reset. And in some cases players putting in long sessions to build up points.

The game is about to get a whole lot more stable. The holiday event is coming to a close in about 2 hours.

Grumpy Cat
    @inimical

@kerravon Wait, 2 hours? Mine still shows 3 days for some reason.

I haven’t reset my game the whole day, it’s been running in the background. Should I restart it?

jackloggins
    @jackloggins

Funny matchup- I am level 41 with level 8 and 9 birds in the stone league, and I got matched up against a level 1 solo Red with starter equipment- nobody else. Banner went down with one hit, forgot to check its stats.

Traneric
    @traneric

Can t play arena for about 4hours does someone else got this problem or am i alone with this?

timeywimey
    @marcsloop

Starting this morning my PvP battles crash every time, usually in the middle of my opponent’s first turn. Epic usually closes as one of their birds is in mid-attack. This has started happening every time. Sometimes it counts as a loss, sometimes my daily stats are reset. It’s unplayable for now. On ipad.

got crash on iPad, then got a frozen screen in the arena with no birds so had to force quit it, then got one win because my opponent team was only one bird!!?? then lost the next match due to another crash, so not playable at all…

Heather Amarantes
    @heather-amarantes

No full crashes on android here but it did lag in several pvp battles sometimes for nearly a minute but it came through. I had trouble logging in for an hour or so and had to clear cache to get it to login. Odd.

hack1ge
    @hack1ge

Has anyone seen objective resets since they ended the event? I can’t get one with the normal way I was getting it before?

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Mine got reset before the event ended and it gave me the Thunderbird objective for the third time which is the one bird I don’t have. I made the mistake of trying to play a PvP match and the game crashed right when I was about to knockout all 3 enemy birds so I got a loss instead of a win.

How were you getting it before? The only way I know is to wait till midnight.

ineptidude
    @ineptidude

I remembered I had a lag switch. So I played with it. I found it is possible to reset objectives and banners at any given moment. Lag when opening the app is the key.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Player versus Player battles in version 1.2.1

Viewing 25 replies - 201 through 225 (of 297 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.