New update 24th March – game won't open!

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum New update 24th March – game won't open!

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 114 total)
  • Replies
  • jwgardenwiz
    @jwgardenwiz

It is inconceivable that the update is still available for download days after the developer became aware of the widespread problems! The “happy face” assessment that some users experienced problems understates the severity of the bug and is woefully insufficient warning.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

@mvnla2 – thanks for posting another tweet.

Shame they can’t remove it as players are still getting caught out and updating!

There is a token announcement next to update on iTunes, but too little, too late.

I do wonder how many are working on fixing Rovio’s massive AB2 fail?

And to those who have successfully updated, what is the daily challenge like? What are the rewards?

rjallenxxx
    @rjallenxxx

Can you imagine playing Monopoly? Every second trip around the board the money you get from passing “Go” changes. Purple properties suddenly are the highest grossing real estate, Park Place & Boardwalk the lowest. The penalty for landing on railroads quadruple. Players holding the right properties benefit. Those that spent a lot of money acquiring and building up premium properties now hold worthless holdings.

Rovio has changed AB2 now 4 times. The arena came to dominate the game, no longer was it very important to continue on your journey. In fact, in order to get your daily jewel ration you merely took a trip down memory lane to quickly play the earliest, easiest scenarios to collect enough “stars” Sections vary wildly in their difficulty. It becomes apparent every change is designed to make the game more expensive, if you wish reasonable advancement. Now, it appears, game has been destroyed due to ROVIO’s botching the upgrade, is not playable: do not when, if ever it will be restored. I liked the tradition 2-D graphics but it now seems yet another money pit, the “challenge” is being slapped on top of this world of the birds. What is the point? How long before it changes again? Unlike Monopoly, firmly grounded in the 1930s, AB2 features one reality- inflation.

Circlerev
    @circlerev

@aeshna – Daily Challenges may not be easy. You must complete random three levels with one life. Last level is always a boss level. In first two levels you can use spells.

Rewards are 100 feathers, premium chest and two spells so far. Bird changes daily, for example Bomb is current bird of Saturday. So that feathers are awarded for this bird.

If you fail, you will lose one life and your Daily Challenge progress will be reset. However, you can use gems to buy extra cards.

South Side Slinger
    @ssslinger

So they did away with the arena or what?

I’d look for myself but, you know, they’ve broken the game for a large number of people.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@aeshna

@ssslinger

Hi @circlerev.
    Do not have the slightest idea of what you you are sharing with us.
    As @ssslinger said, many of us are rovio´d out of the game.
    Were you successful in installing the new update?
    And, what you are describing are daily challenges in the arena or did these new ones substitute the previous ones?
    Kind regards.

Circlerev
    @circlerev

@kedik22 @ssslinger
    I managed to install new update without problems. I know that many players cannot play the game because of broken update.

Daily Challenges is a new feature. Arena has not those challenges.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@circlerev

Thanks for you reply.
    You sure are lucky.

By the way, which country are you from?
    Rovio might have said this mess only affected certain regions.

Kind regards.

flingmaster
    @flingmaster

I was also able to install the update and play in two devices (both lg). My friends where also able to play after updating. (I’m from Greece by the way.)

Circlerev
    @circlerev

@kedik22 – I’m from Finland.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@circlerev

Hey, it must be nice to have such important friends in your neighbourhood!!!

I am in Mexico, with AB 2 crashed and no timeline as to when it will be restored.

Kind regards.

cognitive
    @cognitive

I am in the Midwestern United States and as of 4:45 PM seems to be fixed (Android phone) without a download indication to the user (maybe on its own).

AngryBroaf
    @shoemacher

Working again for me. For now….
    (In the US.)

rjallenxxx
    @rjallenxxx

Midwest and working. Looks like everyone might have only themselves in arena. My group has disappeared with only me in the group. I am, of course in 1st place. Perhaps a way ROVIO says they are sorry.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Rovio messed up big time. They are losing money from what I am reading. I had the same problem with the update. Read that deleting the app and reinstalling would work, but it didn’t. Like others I lost everything, all progress and gems that I either bought or have been saving up. I did try playing from the very beginning and had luck until I got to the point that the arena was available.

Thankfully I just finished level 500 a few days ago and did a backup to my local hard drive. I was able to delete the app again and do a restore. Most everything came back, lost a few days of gems but status in the arena was restored. Still able to play. App wants to update again.

Rovio should pull the update until it is fixed as more people will get locked out. Some have suggested that the connection with FB is the problem, but one other person pointed out that they are not connected or use FB. I do not use FB and do not connect. Best advice is back up often and do not install the update. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Thank AngryBirdsNest and all the people that post here for the latest news.

Sincerely,
    Bomb #59701

P.S. I see some people have the new version up and running now. Maybe Rovio got it fixed? Not trying anything until the tournament ends. Doing another backup. Good luck to all.

mscreant
    @mscreant

NYC , back up. Never uninstalled so lost nothing except place in arena.

MG516
    @mg516

@circlerev – I am finally able to access AB2 but I do not see a daily challenge. Can you offer any insight? Thank you.

Rovio_Bankler
    @bankler

We found an issue that is likely to be the cause of the crash that American players got on startup. A workaround could be implemented serverside, that should make it possible for these players to start the game again. Please let me know if this worked for you.

This workaround unfortunately makes the new daily challenges unavailable.

Again, I’m very sorry about this. We blame no one else but ourselves. I just hope you all can play again.

Delano Jennings
    @delano-jennings

Update sucks anyways! Arena now charges u more gems to replay. Now u gotta buy arena tickets 3 for 80 gems. That’s double what the replays used to cost when they were 12 gems. They literally updated to add few more crappy levels but mainly add ways to make more money off of us!

Guttermouth
    @guttermouth

Great. The game goes dark for 3 days and when it goes back online, my 100 star lead in the arena turned to a 20 star deficit. And now it costs double to buy arena entry. I’m starting to think Rovio doesn’t give a crap about their customers.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Bankler — Good news! It is working for me in Los Angeles, CA. I was about to ask people how they find the daily challenge, but I guess that isn’t currently working.
    The new levels are fun and totally different. So far, so good.
    On the downside, why did you increase the cost of extra plays in the arena?

@mg516
    — See banker’s comment above.

South Side Slinger
    @ssslinger

Yeah great, daily challenge doesn’t work. Day late dollar short, rovio

jwgardenwiz
    @jwgardenwiz

@bankler, the workaround enabled me to successfully start up AB2 on my iPad. Daily Challenges are not available as you pointed out. Thank you.

AngryBroaf
    @shoemacher

@bankler That stinks about the Daily Challenges. Sounds like fun, especially for those disillusioned with the Arena. (Which, at this point, seems to be just about everybody.)

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum New update 24th March – game won't open!

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.