New update 24th March – game won't open!

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum New update 24th March – game won't open!

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 114 total)
  • Replies
  • RaikouTGC
    @raikoutgc

Fortunately I hadn’t updated the apps in iTunes yet so I was able to reinstall the previous working version.

Crazy bird
    @aardvark108

Same problem here just crashes after opening. I am not reinstalling since I have three stars in all five hundred games. Robio will loose the income from iTunes so they better think fast. Perhaps they laid off the wrong employees last year.

Karkar11 22
    @karkar1122

I have the same issue on both my iPad and cellphone. I have deleted and reinstalled from the cloud but no luck. I just did the ISO update on both…. Is this the issues or are the new levels full of bugs?

On a side note I really enjoy the arena and would suggest making a completely new game / app just with that. 5 arena lives and rewards, not gems but feathers and more lives, I would get on board with that.

john_w
    @john-m-whitney

Same issue on iPhone 6. Deleted game, reinstalled, re-boot, fails to get thru start-up splash screen. Version 2.6.1 is broken.

anniedav
    @anne-davenport

My update is crashing my iPad. If they get it sorted, please could someone post on here? Am not going to risk it unless I know it will work
    Ta

Robert Rogers Sr.
    @robert-rogers-sr

Same problem. Auto updated on me last evening, and now I can’t open! I was on level 130 with 3 stars all around! My tournament entry is needed as I was in 1st place! Get with it Rovio! I have restared my ipad twice to no avail. I am afraid to delete and reinstall as all my progress will be lost!

ger_ych
    @mouldingo

@bankler

Better for rovio to remove the update from appstore and google play for now so as to safeguard those who haven’t downloaded it yet.

maggiemaync
    @maggiemaync

I read on another website to uninstall, then reinstall. I LOST ALL OF MY PROGRESS. Then, when I connected to FB to give a gift, it stalled again. So there-in lies the hiccup. I played several levels just fine, but it would not load after I connected to FB.
    Don’t uninstall, you will lose your progress. And it doesn’t really help. Oh, well, it’s just a game. Just mad I lost 680+ coins.

Crazy bird
    @aardvark108

I uploaded it on my wife’s iPad for the first time tonight since she doesn’t use it and it worked but extremely slow then crashed during several of the first ten challenges. I’ve got three stars on all of the first 500 on my iPad and am not going to waste my time rebooting.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

@mvnla2 – thanks for posting Peter’s response. I don’t use Twitter so I don’t see these things.

Maybe you could ask him if he thinks it’s still a good idea players can download the app from Apple and google play, thus causing more problems for more people.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@aeshna — Tweet sent. Will post response. Thanks for suggestion.

Bird Leader
    @birdleader

I’m also experiencing this issue on iOS.

Yahaira Hernandez
    @yahaira-hernandez

`IF THEY WERE GOING ON VACATION, WHY DIDN’T THEY DO THE UPDATE NEXT WEEK? THAT WAY NO ONE WOULD OF WASTED SO MUCH MONEY ON THE GAME

Circlerev
    @circlerev

It seems that crashing problem is not region-specific. Because I don’t use Facebook, I can access the game without crash. I only use Game Center.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@aeshna — Reply to your question:

@MVNLA
    Mar 25
    @pvesterbacka Rovio should delete new update from App Store and Google Play if it hasn’t done so already. More people can continue on old

Peter Vesterbacka
    @pvesterbacka
    Mar 25

@MVNLA
    afraid the Apple and Google processes not that simple. The team is working very hard on getting things fixed.

@circlerev
    — Someone (on previous page, I think) posted something from Rovio saying that the problem was region specific.
    What evidence do you have that it isn’t?

Nsu
    @nsar

I dont use FB, mine won’t even load so if you can play you are luckier than I am.

ger_ych
    @mouldingo

Updated and it’s working ok. All my gems are accounted. They were able to fix the time cheat, you can no longer use the clock settings of your device to skip the wait. You won’t be seeing those 1,xxx+ scores anymore in the arena…

South Side Slinger
    @ssslinger

This is seriously garbage. An entire week wasted in the arena. Was in first place before I stupidly tried to install the update. I’m sure I’ll lose progress and gems as well. Unacceptable.

rjallenxxx
    @rjallenxxx

Me too. Was in 2nd this afternoon. Hope there has not been some time of virus spread. Looks like this goof covers multi platforms

ubermom
    @ubermom

I emailed Rovio that this week’s tournament should be counted as null & void! I get “updates” on who has beaten my tournament score but there’s little I can do about it with the game crashing before loading!!! I asked for a refund on $ I spent on bird coins to purchase spells! The only thing I use them on are the tournament! Crazy they haven’t remedied this yet considering this Forum is 3-4 pages long!!! Guess it behooves Rovio to not act too expeditiously with this regard! We’re all just “lying in wait” for them to “figure it out”! They KNOW what to do, they’re just lazy jumping on it! It’s now a holiday weekend so where’s the impetus to move quickly? Losing faith & I was such a fan of the AB franchise!!! Not so much anymore….

ubermom
    @ubermom

Hahaha!!! Excellent insight!!!

kedik22
    @kedik22

@bankler

Hi, seems you have had a few difficult days.

It is obvious that this time Rovio´s people have gotten themselves into a huge mess.
    This is probably due to the fact that efficiency is not in their vocabulary and a very conceited attitude.

Please convey to Rovio´s management that telling gamers to: hold on tight, we are trying to fix the problem or we have a minor bug issue is not a classy way to handle this enormous failure.

Kind regards.

Circlerev
    @circlerev

@mvnla2 – I am not sure about it. But article in Rovio FAQ page has been updated later. It no longer says “I’m in US/UK/Canada”.

This message can be found in all App Stores:

** We are aware that some of you are experiencing crashes during start-up. Our development team is working on a fix. Thanks for your patience **

But anyway, this 2.6.1 update is broken badly. :(

Circlerev
    @circlerev

@mvnla2 – I have checked other countries iTunes App Store reviews for AB2 using PC’s web browser. With the help of Google Translate, it looks like this issue is global.

dustin-rowe
    @dustin-rowe

I had my appstore set to automatically update, I am wondering why I it took until Saturday 3 A.M. MST for this scourge to get me, I play the tournament every 3 hours, religiously. I tried the reinstall trick that has worked to unfreeze my game play @ the rank-up screen on levels 40 & 45. Gems were even replaced on last reinstall. This is NOT the case with this bug. I was however, able to preserve my progress & tournament play on my Samsung 10.1 tablet by disabling the app auto update immediately after power up. My 2000+ gems & all progress are still M.I.A. on my Galaxy S6… An issue for Rovio’s damage control after the dust settles.
    ***So if you’re AB2 has not updated, go NOW & turn off app auto update (in your app store settings).***
    ****Best not to attempt to fix updated FREEZING AB2 2.6 by reinstalling.

The only thing you will accomplish is the destruction of your game progress & gems…in other words, everything. Time heals all!

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum New update 24th March – game won't open!

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.