Cheaters

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Cheaters

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 1,378 total)
  • Replies
  • AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@steven-dunn-5648 There was absolutely nothing personal about whose posts were deleted. The vast majority of posts following the “cheater” were discussions about how and why the cheat works. These posts had to be removed, along with any posts that included additional questioning of them.

Again, there was no bias against any particular user. It was a universal purge of posts that were discussing the specifics (in however much detail) of the cheat.

burbman
    @burbman

@mvnla2 – the chart posted above by @tigerussell indicates the percentage of players distributed across the various leagues in arena play. I have confirmed that the calculations are correct with one caveat, his numbers assume that no new players begin play following the first week. Adding new players over time would increase the percent in the lower leagues and decrease higher leagues.

senigami
    @steven-dunn-5648

@amslimfordy How does posting such things as a screen shot from my tournament of the top player with over 9 mil points reveal anything? I don’t see those being removed from other posts. How am I not supposed to take that personal? Doesn’t matter. I’m through posting. Wasted effort.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@steven-dunn-5648 The comment associated with that picture was regarding how scores like that were possible using {the cheat}. Again, it was discussing the existing cheating method.

Furthermore, as I said, all posts from the past 36h or so were deleted. So that’s in no way personal.

TomC
    @tomc

@tigerussell ‘s chart also does not take into account the various distributions of player levels and the range of pools players are put in based on their level. A substantial of players are at Level 41 and are probably only matched with other Level 41s in their arena groups, but people at lower levels such as Level 20 may not run into any cheaters at all as the most competitive accounts (+ cheaters) are most likely all at Level 41 since that’s been the level cap for a while now. There are probably more active accounts (which are more likely higher levels) forming a larger portion of the competing league groups than lower levels.

burbman
    @burbman

@tigerussell – I think your 7% cheater assumption is very high. I am in Gold League currently (week 5), which according to your chart above places me in the top 2.24%. You state that you expect to make it to Gold League in week 6 which would put you in the top 4.06%. Neither of us cheat. I am level 41, where I would expect most cheaters to be, only 4 of the 15 players on my leaderboard are cheating, so I think we are looking at cheaters representing <1% of all players. They just irritate the rest of us because they stand out so far from the crowd.

senigami
    @steven-dunn-5648

Actually I was pointing out a third previously unmentioned cheating method that I noticed when I said, “There must be some other method, over 9 mil points in one day” With a picture displaying what I was referring to [deleted from my album]. If you still think this is somehow revealing then feel free to delete this post as well.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@burbman Correct on the fact I did not add new players into the equation. Since there was no way to know the amount of players coming up as a percentage of total I opted not to try and guess. In reality I would think there would be new players eligible every day simply waiting for advancement at the end of the week. @mvnla2 I am a control systems engineer and not a lawyer, but the entertainment excuse has been used for many things on the internet over the years. I just happen to think that this is a situation where they actually do apply. Until there is a prize worth actual money it isn’t a lottery or sweepstakes. Therefore Rovio is under no obligation to release odds.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@steven-dunn-5648 — Yeah, I do remember your post. If it makes you feel any better, one (or maybe 2) of my posts was also deleted, and the most I did was refer to the existence of the cheat. I also admit that I lobbied for deleting posts that had enough hints in them that people could figure out the cheat.
    Unfortunately, I think the admins decision to delete a whole block of posts was the best (BTW, I am not an admin, so wasn’t part of the decision).
    I hope you reconsider leaving the nest, because we are all here to help each other win fairly.

senigami
    @steven-dunn-5648

@mvnla2 thanks. Is it considered ironic to get angry at an AngryBirdsNest?

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@burbman I also hope the percentage of cheaters is less than 1% making it possible for those of us interested in playing fairly to advance. It would also make it easier for the boards to be cleaned up if there were fewer than expected.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@tigerussell Ah hah! A control systems engineer! Perhaps your rigorous statistics are no where near a rusty as mine? If someone does start a new forum thread on statistics in AB Epic, would be nice to have some analysis of the statistical significance of the results.
    I would need to dust off my rigorous statistics, if I were to do it.

@steven-dunn-5648
    — I wouldn’t say ironic, just an indication of the seriousness of your addiction. : D There used to be a forum on AB Adicts; haven’t noticed it for a while, so is probably burried on a back page somewhere.

senigami
    @steven-dunn-5648

@mvnla2 ha ha, reminds me of this youtube video:
    Angry Birds Addict Support Group

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

FWIW — I am still in the wood league, and was surprised to find that all but 1 of the others was level 41 (I’m also 41). That person was level 40. The highest score is 24K, and the next 2 are 20K and 17K. The person I would have to fight in the first battle has birds at rank 6 & 7 compared to my 9 & 10, but their banner is much more impressive.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@steven-dunn-5648 — That is really a great video! I hadn’t seen it before.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@mvnla2 Roughly 35% of players will either never advance out of the wood league or will end up back there by the end of the tourney. I did base my sample set on an initial value of one million players at level 41. Could be more; could be less, either way that is a lot of disappointed people. Now if the rewards on the wheel for week 12 are just more arena banner items or snoutlings then no harm no foul and the cheaters didn’t do much damage. But if we are playing for LC (or another meaningful reward) on the final week you will be able to hear the complaining from the moon.

I have also enjoyed the thread on Mastery you started and the others you have contributed to. I don’t think Rovio had any idea people would like to pick apart the numbers in this manner.

@steven-dunn-5648 Where can i sign up for this group? :D i need it…

@steven-dunn-5648 can you re-post the image of your hacked scoreboard? I’d like to include it on post 1…

Edit: never mind. I can get it from your album. Do you mind?

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@tigerussel I would expect a much greater number than 35% in the wooden league by the end. After all there are a huge number of people who have installed the game who either don’t play it anymore or aren’t active in the arena. Many of those might have uninstalled the game, but their account would still be on Rovio’s servers. Since at least half of all accounts probably don’t play that will make it a lot easier for active players to advance out of the wooden league. However anyone above the wooden league obviously is not inactive so that is where the competition really begins.

Bird Leader
    @birdleader

@steven-dunn-5648 There is a fine line here, but I don’t think we need to remove anything else from this topic at this time. Ironically, having this info here is actually useful to Rovio in figuring out how to patch the exploit.

cc. @admins

senigami
    @steven-dunn-5648

@larry – not only were my posts deleted but my pictures from my album were deleted as well. I re-uploaded the image, so assuming it isn’t deemed to revealing and get deleted again, here is the controversial image ;-)

Screenshot_2015-01-12-14-08-17.png

@steven-dunn-5648, thanks. I must have caught it just after you uploaded it again. I already put it on the first post as well, assuming you wouldn’t mind (since you made some noise about it already… :) ) Hope you don’t mind.

senigami
    @steven-dunn-5648

@larry – no, don’t mind at all, it’s there for a reason. Thanks for asking though.

senigami
    @steven-dunn-5648

Okay, this is interesting. Looking at the first post if you look at the image of the cheater with 9 mil and the picture above… notice anything similar about the person in 1st place?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Cheaters

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 1,378 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.