About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 626 through 650 (of 3,417 total)
  • Replies
  • Aeshna
    @aeshna

Sorry Capt. :( taking no prisoners this week. Next week back to normal and not spending to play. This is the first week I’ve spent since Xmas. I don’t mind a few pounds here and there but I am only paying because I think Rovio have it right and it’s a great opportunity to level all cards up.

Only thing missing from treasure chests is arena cards. It would be great to win them.

I bounced leagues for two days but haven’t moved for a while now. Loads more players and anyone with less than 239 stars will be relegated from my league!

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

I was frustrated with my opponents in the arena after the initial update. But the last few days they have all been fair. The 7 in a row winning streak has leveled several of my birds up to #9’s. I’ve only had one opponent that was all 9’s and brought 5 spells in. But they were star rank 64 so I believe they were legit.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Well, I got my first bird up to rank 6! (Silver as usual. XD)
    On the one hand, I’m happy. On the other, I’m afraid I’ll start getting level 7 opponents now. I already got an all-6 opponent when I was at all-5. :(

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

No prisoners, Aeshna. Not since I figured out how to play for stars instead of feathers and gifts. The only reprieve you will get is a few hours while I am out and about today. Better make the best of it because this evening will be all out for stars … and the win. :)

trash2002
    @trash2002

Hi there! Does anybody know how the score forms? For instance, I’ve got the Red of level 7. It has 100 feathers out of 1800. Then I boost it to e.g. 1700/1800. It still has level 7. Will the score be the same when I hit the Red in the first case and in the second one? Or the score multuplies only to the whole numbers: 7,8,9 and there’s no ‘7.1’,’7.33′, ‘7.8’, etc?

Many thanks!

JezzaH99
    @jeremyharrod

I would like to thank Rovio for a new experience today. At 1pm today I played the arena and was a comfortable first having 294 points. Just playing 5-6 times per day picking up 6-9 points regularly.

At 4pm today I log on and find I’ve been moved to another league where I’m mid table and no hope of getting any gems this week.

That’s really fair to do it with 9 hours before the end of the tournament.

Well done Rovio. I no longer do the DC anymore as I’m not a wealthy player and I can see myself following suit with the Arena.

Pitiful.

trash2002
    @trash2002

Just curious: how much do 2000 gems cost in your country? I’m from Russia. Here they cost 23 USD/21 EUR.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

In the league I’m in, 294 stars is a relegation slot.

I’ve been complaining for over a month now about being bounced around leagues. You’ve been lucky it’s only happened once.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@trash2002
    Whether you have 100/1800 or 1700/1800 to go to the next rank, your score will be the same.
    The rank determines the multiplier by which your scores are multiplied. A rank of 7 will give 7x the score that a rank 1 bird would give, no matter how much to go to the next rank.

2000 gems are €20,99 here. Same price.

@jeremyharrod

Damn that’s unlucky. :( I’ve stayed in the same league for the entire week, being at 1st place with only 154 stars. I’m followed by one with 146 stars, one with 106 and one with 103 stars. I’ve got a few more games to play so I should win this league and promote to DIAMOND. (Hopefully cheater-free!)

heybert17
    @heybert17

I have also been noticing this happening a bit lately in the Arena. You fling your first bird, look up and you are already down by almost a million points. Pretty hard to come back from.

Also only get really badly beaten by players with the cutesy bird names, rarely by someone with a real picture and their own name.

heybert17
    @heybert17

Level 7, only 5 birds and 2 spells, and still destroyed me. Of course most of his 5 birds highly outranked me, at level 7.

arena birds

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I see you padded you lead and that we are now both on the move, Aeshna. Just so you know, I have made it public what I can do, but that takes the fun and the sport out of it. It would not be worth my time to do that and would ruin everything for everybody, including myself. My experimenting is over and Rovio knows about what I found.

I set aside five tickets and will spend no gems for our little contest. Extra tickets through videos or free plays are mine to use in addition to the five I set aside. Extra gems I get through the little chests are off limits. I have taken a couple of screen shots when I started gaining on you this afternoon (afternoon for me).I will share them with you after the fact if that is your wish, as well as screen shots after the fact so you can compare.

Otherwise, no prisoners. Game on!

Aeshna
    @aeshna

Hi Capt. Share away.
    I can’t see you in my league. 2nd place looks to be a Russian or Easten European judging by name, then Flight Star, then Tony.

This week was about getting all birds to Elder bronze, which I’ve done. The gold medal doesn’t intrest me, it’s meaningless after the medal screw up, think I’ve seen someone with 56 :) The 300 gems would be nice but in monetary terms it’s about £3.00. Something I’d not lose any sleep over either.

I’m waiting for the clock to count down then I’ll go for another run of 7. I’ve enough gems left for 4 arena entries.

I reckon, 2 games per 15 mins. in the arena is do-able, so 8 games an hour. 80 stars an hour is probably possible but extreme. 5 hours till game closes – so if I’m top of your league and over 400 ahead, I shouldn’t be overtaken by yourself?

Use fair means or foul if you want. It’s not going to affect me.

One thing that would really be good is if players could go head to head in real time, with a two minute time limit on each bird thrown.

One thing I’ve learned is to aim to clear the first 3 screens in the arena with one bird only and have them returned by filling destructometer.

Good flinging Capt.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

That is interesting. I thought we were in the same group. Were we when I first mentioned it? Right now I have Raven Birdson as 1st place with 2012 stars, 13 bronze, 1 silver, eight gold at rank 67. Blast Sparrow is 2nd, which is me. I don’t need the gems either, was just looking for a fun match against somebody that I thought I could actually share comments with.

If that is you with your count, then the arena is more messed up than I thought. Why even bother other than for fun of flinging birds? The whole point behind flinging and telling you I wouldn’t use foul (fowl?) means was for the fun and sport. Well, derp! I won’t use them anyway for reasons I mentioned, but that just … well…

bah

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I was going to back off at the end so you could get a few extra gems. I am in the hunt for stars. Now this Raven Birdson I am facing has a problem, and I am still not going to use the exploit I found.

Good hunting, Aeshna.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

Bankler has said you can be in several leagues. I guess we aren’t actually getting bounced but just seeing alternate leagues we exist in, when we log on.

I’ll be playing again soon but maximum I can achieve is 70. So you need to get 70 more than my current score. Thanks for being prepared to go easy so I could win gems but go for your stars :)

Think I can remember playing a Blast Sparrow today. All elder bronze and level 43, 46?

And yes, that’s me, and stats. look correct. I have 13 bronze due to medal screw up, only 1 of the bronze is legit.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I would have been at 71 or 72 star rank, now at 73. Still kind of stinks because for once I could compete against somebody I know and could exchange comments with. Thought that was some great fun. Wanted it to be fair and thought you could use a few extra gems since you are actually paying for them, no matter how much or little.

And I play fair. Experimented a little to report. Doing more is no fun.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I don’t think nicknames are unique, actually – considering I battled someone with “BaconBuster” in their nickname a few days ago, and a different BaconBuster is situated in my league.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Just ain’t right, Yoshi. Supposed to be some fun. Oh well, tournament just ended.

As if I needed gems. Thought it was a bit of fun. Nope.

Edit: Know anything about Deadpool? I stopped reading and collecting comics before he was introduced. Got the movie. Should be interesting.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

The connection error issue is happening again when I try to go to my Nest… Guess I’ll have to do yet another hard reset.

EDIT: Nope, didn’t work this time…!
    I’ll keep Retrying.

EDIT 2: Yup, just worked!
    300 gems for me, and a promotion to DIAMOND! :D
    The people in my league don’t seem like cheaters… Hoping for a good competition this week!

DDeck
    @ddeck

@smwforever45

This basically happens every time the tournament ends. I guess either they are getting effectively DDoS’d with everyone trying at once, or they are taking it down to implement the next weeks’ evil little tweaks.

I do wish they would change the Maltida Message – never once has my inability to connect to the arena been due to MY internet connection…

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@ddeck
    Probably the DDoS since it always works after about 15-20 minutes into the end of the week.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

I was 10th going into the end of the Arena session tonight. Ended up getting 5th place gems. Did the same thing last week. Now don’t hear what I’m not saying cause I’m not complaining. Just makes me curious if their is a cheater filter in place. The last two weeks have been cheaters galore in my arena leagues. Like I said I was 10th tonight with over 400 points. But I will gladly take the 5th place gems and run!!

Aeshna
    @aeshna

When the arena weeks changed it was possible to try and reconnect and be awarded another medal if you had won one that week. Several attempts led to several medals. Rovio were informed about this so it looks like they take the servers off line while they update.

Regarding a better award than your league finishing position shows maybe down to the fact we are in several leagues but should only see one. Obviously this doesn’t happen as players get bounced or appear to be bounced around but are probably just seeing other leagues and maybe the rewards are from an alternate league where you did finish 5th ?

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Win stars run up the score, play free entry first round of winning streak, get a ticket. Watch video and get another. Enter the arena then decline the match to break the winning streak. Play again, win and get another ticket. Unending play. Not a cheat, no secret exploit.

The past two weeks has killed a lot of the fun of the game for me. I will keep flinging just because I like it, though there is nothing more, nothing else to gain, no real challenge. Enjoyed participating in this forum, good bunch of people. Y’all take care and good luck with the flinging of birds.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 626 through 650 (of 3,417 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.