About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 501 through 525 (of 3,417 total)
  • Replies
  • cognitive
    @cognitive

The best improvement Rovio could do would be to show us what our “opponent” or opponent is really flinging… Split screen or turn by turn. There’s only a few dozen Arena levels and by now I’ve memorized the sequences, and if I don’t make a mistake (or encounter an immortal micropig) I pretty much know my score. I would LOVE to see the opponent’s choices of birds and flinging.

MiddleOne
    @middleone

That would be great but I don’t think Rovio will do that, it would show the unequal matching which would confirm a lot of the complaints. I’ve played people with the same ranked birds and the point spread between us (usually with me at the bottom) is absurdly to wide, between 500,000 and a mil.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

@djlarryt – out of four arena games this morning, 3 have been against players with seven bird cards AND 1 spell card. 2 ducks and a chilli. Coincidence or players using your tip?

Whichever, whatever, it’s bizarre to have mentioned it yesterday and actually seeing it today.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@aeshna
    Same here. For whatever reason, I now regularly see opponents carrying a single spell card. So far, I only saw Duckie Duck.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Today’s arena- opponents still getting duplicate cards. >:-(

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Having 2 level 5 birds, 5 level 4 birds.
    Just beat an all level 5 opponent. I was going to skip it but I did it just for fun… The guy even had 8 instead of 7 birds and it was still an easy call because the opponent played so badly. XD

At #1 in my Azure league, closely followed by an anonymous Bomb. Competition gets worse with every league. Diamond will probably be crazy.

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

What’s up with the arena??
    Today every time I open the arena, there are different opponents in my group.
    Sometimes I lead and sometimes cheaters with ridiculous amounts of points are on the first places. That is no motivation to play the tournament.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

I always have trouble when I have to loft a bird high in the air. The scoreboard always impairs my line of sight. Doesn’t matter if I make the screen smaller or larger. I find this very irritating. Anyone else have a similar issue?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

And another league just ended. For the fifth time in a row, I ranked first and I made it to the Emerald league now. :D
    On my boards there’s a LOT of people with a star count of ~20 and several birds at rank 5. I still find it hard to believe that’s legit… but ah well.

reddie
    @reddie250

I’ve ended this week’s arena in second place and I’m in…(drum roll please)…the DIAMOND LEAGUE! Today, I’ve collected feathers for Chuck and he’s now diamond level! Luckily, I don’t have cheaters like Carl or Andrej on the leaderboard I’m facing. As long as I stay out of the bottom three each week, I’ll be A-OK.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Got my 100 gems. Small amount compared to what I have been burning on the daily challenge. Helps to know how to be selective with opponents. I mean it really, really helps. That and being patient, tedious even.

I may get to play once more before late tomorrow. I always see it as a marathon, not a sprint. Now I am in a group of people with higher level birds for the most part. Will be interesting.

Welcome to the Diamond League, Reddie. Welcome to the insanity. Yoshi isn’t far behind.

Anonymous

As for me, I’m just sitting in Bronze League collecting 6-10 gems every week with a score of 0. One time I even got promoted to silver without collecting any stars at all. :D

cognitive
    @cognitive

the problem with collecting gems is that it is very expensive to use gems to clear levels – unless it’s one of those impossible 6 room scuba diving SWAT team immortal piglet infested type levels…

I have nearly 1000 gems right now and use them maybe once a week to clear a level. I can’t wait to get out of the scuba pig land, only 3 or 4 more levels to go. The gravity world is a lot easier for me for some reason (from Arena).

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

We had a respectable Arena competition last week. I finished 2nd with around 350 pts and was 40 pts out of 1st place. This week I’m back in with the cheaters. I’m in 2nd place right now and only 400 pts out of 1st. This is one of those “Why even bother” weeks.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I guess I have been lucky. The only odd thing I have seen is people with all level 8 birds and five spells, and maybe 20 stars under their belt.

Dave
    @davec

Well this is lovely. Cheater, Bot, or Bug?

Rovio_Bankler
    @bankler

@djlarryt
    “Today’s arena- opponents still getting duplicate cards. >:-(“

The top corner cards actually just show the order in which the opponent did throw their birds. It does not reflect the opponent’s current hand (despite the undeniable fact that it looks like that). If they threw a bird, filled the destructometer, got the same bird back, and threw it again (which is very common), it will look like the opponent has two similar cards in hand.

So, it’s not that they are cheating. It’s rather a presentation problem.

We are aware that this is really confusing for the players who know that you can never have two similar cards at the same time. Really sorry for that. We are discussing different solutions.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@bankler
    But why do some people start out with 8 birds instead of 7? Why do some opponents’ Destructometers NEVER fill up despite them having a pretty good score, and why do others fill up faster than my own?
    I mean, no question, it’s cool to see the opponents’ bird choices and how their Destructometer fills up, I have nothing against that – but I’d like to see which birds the opponents ACTUALLY get from the Destructometer – it’s quite confusing when you start a battle and they already have two Bombs as the first three used cards.

Maiasatara
    @maiasatara

Well I’m sad again. For the previous two weekly tournaments the play actually seemed fair. I was ALWAYS beating opponents with lower ranked birds and sometimes beating those of equal or higher ranked birds. No opponents got the extra bird if they were already winning. The meters filled at the same scores. I was ready to come bearing sunshine and roses. And then this week arrived. I can literally OBLITERATE a level with an Amythest Bomb and my opponent plays an Emerald Red and scores DOUBLE???? Then this person goes on to score more than a million points more with crappy birds and no spells? We are back to SSDD. (Same Sh*t Different Day for those not familiar with American idioms.) During the two good weeks I did notice some unrealistic top three ranks but was willing to attribute it to people actually enjoying the play again. I’m glad I waited because, Rovio, you didn’t deserve the praise after all. I had really hoped you had fixed the play algorithm but now I see it must have been a mistake or glitch. And like Matilda we know you only keep glitches that either earn you money or infuriate players so – right on track. I had even stopped my record keeping of every arena play. It’s impossible to win without spending coins to “Play On.” I’m willing to play SOMe not to be demoted from Diamond League but I’m VERY close to all Amythest birds. (One is 110 away another is 400.) I should be winning everything except 5 spell holders. I shouldn’t have to spend money against lesser birds. I’m giving you one totnanrnt week after this one. Then you get deleted.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@bankler

I totally agree with you @maiasatara
    Sadly, you only touched the surface.
    You would not believe Rovio´s incompetence dealing with cheaters and hacks.
    I am convinced now, that they welcome them!

JezzaH99
    @jeremyharrod

Apologies if someone has already mentioned these next two issues:

I play a video for a free go in the arena but then there is no free go.

I had more points than an opponent of mine – and yet i still lost and then lost my winning streak.

Do Rovio not test anything before they release it?

Not sure they could run a p*** up in a brewery.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

For clarification…
    Since this update your free go for an ad is not a free go anymore, you get an arena ticket instead which you have to turn in first. It makes more sense than what we had before – before the update, watching the ad would reset your counter for another free go. That drove me mad several times.

Also, when a specific ad doesn’t give you your free go (many are experiencing such trouble with the TMNT ad right now), it may be Rovio’s fault for accepting the ad, but it’s also the ad creator’s fault for making an ad that doesn’t work properly.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I am not having that issue. I win a round I get an arena ticket and then offered a video. Watch the video and then I have two more rounds to play, one from the video and one for the ticket. It doesn’t reset the clock and there doesn’t seem to be a clear indication that I have another free entry, so I just keep hitting the Arena button until it asks me if I want to purchase tickets.

I won two rounds just now, the third was against a player with much higher ranking birds. Got close with the free bird from the video, but not quite there. Probably could have beat him if I had just one more bird. Not worth 60 gems. Will probably only do that if I am close to the 500 feathers. Chuck is about to hit level 7, just 26 more feathers. Red and Terrance are close behind and Blues is lagging way behind.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@captsternn
    That’s not correct – you still only get one run from watching an ad.
    The arena ticket counter goes up by 1, yes. The number next to the “Arena” button disappears, yes. But once you hit the Arena button, you use an arena ticket. Just because the number disappears doesn’t mean you get a free run. (It will appear again if you exit the Nest and re-enter.)

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I don’t know, Yoshi. If I win that first round and get a ticket I play two more rounds after watching the video, three total.

Chuck leveled up, the free feathers were for him today. I finally have a level 7 bird and he is 50 feathers towards hitting level 8. But that is 1,750 short. I wonder what this will mean for me in the arena?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 501 through 525 (of 3,417 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.