Good morning and happy Monday to all the devoted (obsessed?) flingers out there! We are greeted this morning to a very rare Monday update, as part of Rovio’s countdown to the launch of Angry Birds Star Wars II. That’s in three days, not that anyone’s counting.
We announced last week that the mixed-reception episode Red’s Mighty Feathers would be receiving an update, and it’s landed today! Angry Birds v3.3.0 is now available for iOS, PC, Mac, and Android via Google Play and the Amazon Appstore.
Attention PC Users: Angry Birds has been updated and now requires OpenGL 2.0 and DirectX 11. The OpenGL requirement was actually a BUG and has been fixed in v3.3.3. For more information, see Rovio’s FAQ page explaining OpenGL.
This update includes:
- 15 new levels of Red’s Mighty Feathers! The episode has been adjusted to be the ninth sequential episode, and the new levels are numbered 23-1 through 23-15. Note that you need NOT pass the initial 15 “Egg Defender” levels to access the new levels in this update. Egg Defender levels are listed as non-sequential. Our walkthroughs are live!
- Red’s homing ability has been tweaked so that it is manual aiming, similar to the Lazer Bird in Angry Birds Space. This applies exclusively toward Red’s Mighty Feathers, including the Egg Defender levels.
- Restart Battle Button! In the Egg Defender levels, a new button has been added to the Pause screen that looks like a green flag. This allows you to restart your battle against the current piggy contraption, instead of restarting the entire level from wave 1.
- New Golden Eggs! Keep your eyes open! Rovio has added a 3-star Golden Egg and the first hidden Golden Egg in 9 months!!! Our complete guide is now up-to-date.
- No new achievements for iOS, since ABo is full in GameCenter.
- Still no distinction between Power Up and “clean” scores, besides the lightning bolt that appears on the Level Completed screen.
- Helpful Tip: If you are experiencing any issues with a level not completing promptly, there is a “Fast Forward” button that appears in the bottom-right corner once all pigs have been popped. This will force the level to end, tally your extra birds, and show you your final score. While not a new feature, it can still be helpful!
It’s also worthwhile to note that the next ABo update will be coming in November according to Rovio’s blog.
Bug alert! Golden Egg #8 Unobtainable(click for more info)
- Bug alert! Golden Egg #30 Sometimes Doesn’t Pop Up (click for more info)
- PC users experiencing errors with OpenGL or DirectX should refer to our statement at the top of this page and/or contact Rovio for additional information.
This Golden Egg has been moved, but is indeed obtainable. See our updated walkthrough for GE-8 for details.
I suffered this bug on iPad, unfortunately. Rovio has responded, saying that the bug effects users who 3-starred all Egg Defender levels prior to v3.3.0. They are working on a fix as we speak.
- All of our (original) Angry Birds walkthroughs can be found on this page. Our walkthroughs for Chapter 23 of Red’s Mighty Feathers are live!
- Need help finding Golden Eggs? We have the most complete guide on the web!
- See our Total Destruction walkthroughs for earning feathers using the Mighty Eagle.
- Compete with the best on the net here on the Nest! Enter your scores on our leaderboard. Note that Power Up scores are not permitted on our leaderboards at this time