Buenos días, amigos! To cap off an outstanding month of December in the Angry Birds community, we introduce a brand new Flash-based mini-game called Angry Birds Vuela Tazos (“Flying Tazos”). Flash based you say? Yep, this differs from the Volcano and Golden Pistachios browser games, which run on HTML5. To check out the new game, head over to vuelatazos.angrybirds.com.
When you go to the game, you are asked to register an email address or sign in (if you have already done so). This is because there is another competition and promotion involved. The prizes are only available in Mexico, but you can still play and help us hunt down the secret codes.
Besides running in Flash, there are some other notable items:
- On the top right it says in Spanish that the “Competition will begin on January, 9th 2012″
- There are 3 free levels and 3 locked levels that can be unlocked using product codes. We have walkthroughs / strategies available for all six levels here, though the last three levels are very difficult to 3 star.
- Check out the sound effects, especially the bomb bird = awesome!
- The Info (‘i’) screen is pretty cool.
- It’s sponsored by PepsiCo Mexico, which is not to shabby for Rovio.
So what exactly are “Tazos”? Well, per Wikipedia, “Tazos are round circular disks, which are found in packets of chips made by Frito-Lay and its subsidiaries around the world. The idea behind Tazos started out similar to Pogs, whereby each Tazo contained a score value, and a game was played to ‘win’ Tazos from other players.” Yep, Pogs! Check out the trailer below to see them first hand.
FAQ Translated from Spanish (click to open)
- How do I get codes to unlock levels 4 to 6?
You can get the codes on the caps of Pepsi and the Fly tazos special codes found on products Sabritas, Gamesa and Sonrics. For more information see www.vuelatazos.com
- How long is the competition?
There is a weekly competition for every special level from Monday to Sunday. The table markers restarts Sunday at midnight.
- Who wins once the competition has ended?
Each of the players at the table will win a prize markers. There are 50 winners for each level and the list is reset every Sunday at midnight to start anew each following Monday until March 11. Only 50 players with the highest score of attempted each of the 3 special levels appear in the list of winners.
- What are the requirements to participate?
The promotion is valid throughout Mexico and will participate in weekly competition with anyone who has a valid code. Offer valid from January 9, 2012 to March 11, 2012
- How many times can I try to achieve a winning score?
You can try as many times as you want as long as the weekly competition. Every Sunday at midnight competition closes and starts a new weekly competition.
- Can I continue playing Angry Birds Vuela Tazos once you have completed the competition?
The prize competitions end on March 19 but you can keep playing Angry Birds Fly tazos until July 31, 2012.
- When will I receive my prize?
The weekly winners will be contacted via e-mail to provide an address of the award. It is important to make sure that the email you provide when registering to be valid, otherwise it will be impossible to contact you.
- Can I play Angry Birds Vuela Tazos on my phone or mobile device?
Unfortunately, the game only works on browsers on personal computers.
- Why does the game lock, break, or slows down when playing?
Make sure you do not have multiple instances of the game in different windows open, otherwise, try playing the game on a computer with more memory or a faster processor.
- Why does the game runs slowly on my computer?
Try updating the video drivers. AMD Intel NVIDIA