On Sunday, December 11th Angry Birds turns 2! To celebrate this glorious day — which also happens to be my birthday — Rovio will be releasing a “Happy Birdday” update to the original Angry Birds (notice how it says “Birdday”, not “Birthday”). Per Rovio’s blog, the birthday update will include 15 new birthday cake themed levels and a special birthday achievement. In addition, as a special present ALL episodes will be unlocked and available to play.
This update is out now (read more) and includes some notable changes!
It’s important to note:
- This update will land on iOS on Sunday, with other platforms coming online thereafter. We don’t know how long it will take for Android, PC, Mac, etc. to receive the Happy Birthday update.
- Our post on December 6th titled, “Angry Birds Episode 7 Update Coming Soon” is obviously related to this update.
Rovio’s not stopping there, they have plenty of other real-world birthday events lined up, including:
- Fans in the US can celebrate by heading over to their local Barnes & Noble, which will have special events and giveaways from 11 AM to 3 PM. Angry Birds aficionados can join a scavenger hunt to find the Mighty Eagle or enter a raffle to win special Angry Birds prizes…
- Toys ‘R’ Us is also getting into the “birthday” spirit. Fans can get 25% off Angry Birds plush toys plus a code that unlocks an Angry Birds Google Chrome bonus level.
- For Angry Birds fans in Japan, Rovio CMO and Mighty Eagle Peter Vesterbacka will be giving a special presentation at the Apple store in Ginza…
- The Forbidden Planet stores in the UK will also be celebrating Angry Birds’ second birthday with merchandise previously unavailable in the UK.
You can read in more detail about each one of these events on Rovio’s blog post. And, as always, we will have walkthrough videos and leaderboards up as soon as humanly possible.