As we start tick, tick, ticking away to September 19th, Rovio has done something completely unprecedented, even by their standards! Rovio has released a timeline countdown of all planned events over the next week! We have known about some of these forthcoming updates for a while, so we’ll link to posts where we can.
- Thursday, 12 September: Update to the original Star Wars app, bring 30 levels on Endor! We had the exclusive first teasers regarding the Return of the Jedi updates. Note that this will still not be the end of the original Star Wars app, according to Rovio.
- Friday, 13 September: Update to Angry Birds Space! We first teased you about this update about two months ago, discovered through Sandbox mode in Apple’s GameCenter. We think this will be a full 30-level episode, and also include some sort of “Space Race” — likely similar in gameplay to Angry Birds Go.
Also on Friday will be the official gameplay trailer for Star Wars II. Unfortunately, this might get a little overshadowed here on ABN by new content.
- Saturday, 14 September: Star Wars II Character Reveal, featuring Chewbacca.
- Sunday, 15 September: Star Wars II Character Reveal, featuring General Grievous.
- Monday, 16 September: Update to the original Angry Birds app! We mentioned this just a few hours ago, saying that Red’s Mighty Feathers will receive a “classic gameplay” update that will include Red Bird’s “homing” ability. Be sure to check out that post for a bit more info.
Also on Monday will be a TELEPODs giveaway! If you’re interested, likely keep your eyes on Rovio’s social media channels.
- Tuesday, 17 September: Star Wars II Character Reveals, featuring Darth Maul and a yet-unknown second character.
- Wednesday, 18 September: Star Wars II Character Reveals, featuring Darth Vader and a yet-unknown second character.
- Thursday, 19 September: The long awaited launch of Angry Birds Star Wars II!
Of course, two things need to be said. Foremost, the update release dates above do not necessarily apply to all platforms. And more importantly, keep your eyes peeled to ABN, ‘cuz we will be rolling out content nonstop for the next week!
We’re excited beyond belief… If you are too, let Rovio know how awesome you think they are!