Version 2.4.0 is Out!

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Version 2.4.0 is Out!

Viewing 21 replies - 26 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Replies
  • Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@pointless

The whole event missed for you as well? I stopped doing the uninstall/reinstall thing after Friday, so am not sure what worked for people. But it still doesn’t work for me, so I missed the whole event.

And instead of starting a support ticket with Rovio, I will be uninstalling Epic. I feel bad if you feel compelled to do the same, though, since you are a much greater tactician than I am and I now you enjoy the Arena, if nothing else.

Sorry things went this way — it is the worst I have seen from Rovio since…well, ever.

Thanks,

sutekh137

Pointless
    @pointless

@sutekh137 yep, the whole Event (i.e. a Class, for all I care about), as well as a demotion from Gold League in Arena (although I can’t be sure, only two days of scoring would lead me to believe this is a given).
    The end for me, if/when this is solved and I get a for rote “we are sorry for…BS…BS…BS…, please accept our entirely unsatisfactory compensation of a used plastic grocery bag and a half eaten tuna sandwich (almost fresh-ish).

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@pointless

Oof, I wasn’t even thinking about Arena… That really stinks.

One would think this would be big enough that they give out a free class to folks affected (or at least enough LC to buy one at a discount).

Thanks,

sutekh137

Suzy
    @suzyq

I just wonder if Epic is going to be consigned to the scrap heap soon. I have a Kindle so can only use the Epic app from Amazon. Not only did I not get the update for 2.4, I didn’t get the the update before that either. I can only think that Amazon decided not to release another update until Rovio get their act together and delivery an update which is playable. I wish Google and iTunes did the same as it might prompt Rovio into action.

Whilst I can still play the events I am still suffering from the time lag and also the GPM’s don’t work anymore because I haven’t got 2.4 yet. Plus the double points and stamina drink video doesn’t show up anymore for the same reason.

I just wish Rovio would just stop pushing out event after event and instead concentrate on fixing the problems. I’m sure most people would be happy to wait.

The whole thing is a total mess.

DD
    @toolow

@suzyq

Agreed. However, by Rot-vio calculation, doing the right thing cost them upfront and won’t add anything to their coffers. So it’s not going to happen until significant number of users bail out and their ad revenue dries up. By which time, of course, it’s too late for them to do anything but rot.

Seb
    @sebth

Amazon has rejected the update 2.3.
    So, Rovio plan(ned) to submit the update directly with v2.4 for Amazon users.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@toolow 

Yes, you’re right. Such a shame the way it’s all gone down hill😞

@sebth

I read about Amazon rejecting 2.3 on Facebook and was hoping to get 2.4 by now, unfortunately that hasn’t happened yet maybe because it’s such a mess. Sadly, I don’t think I’ll be getting it anytime soon.

;)
    @winkwink

Deleted all Epic data, including cache, and uninstalled and restarted my Samsung Note 5. Then I reinstalled Epic, and it works OK, but still has random crash issues.

@maxxmatt
    – I solved the frequent arena crash issue by logging out of Facebook, then unstalling Epic from my Facebook profile before playing in the arena. Seems to work so far. The Facebook FE request responses are still poor, maybe 5-8 per day, I wonder if Rovio limits the response, because I have about 100 friends in the game…

ThinkBui
    @thinkbui

Has anyone even heard from Rovio’s ABE team since last Wednesday?  Their marketing folks tried to help players out for maybe a day since 2.4.0 was released replying to comments on their Facebook page, but then conspicuously fell silent.

If this isn’t the death knell for the game itself, it’s going to be to a lot of players.  Having problems clamping down on cheaters is one thing, failing to fully test new releases or show any empathy for the user base during the fallout is quite another, so I expect a large exodus pretty quickly here.  I might not even stick around depending on if/when Rovio responds and with what.

DD
    @toolow

@winkwink

For the past week, out of the 87 FE friends, I got FE requests from 20, FE responses from 21, and borrowed birds from 8. That’s down from the hay day of 49, 57, 33. And the rate of reduction has increased lately.

While some are natural drop off, most of them seems to be driven by the changes Rotvio instigated or the (in)actions of their support. For example, I used to receive 10 FEs everyday until v2.3.0 when most people stopped borrow my birds for battles due to the slow loading. Yes, that particular problem may be fixed, but most people are not coming back. And with even more people had their profiles messed up, it can only get worse.

BTW, Rotvio limit the amount of FE to 5 from requests and 5 from borrowed birds per day.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@toolow

And with even more people had their profiles messed up, it can only get worse.

Like mine….

Seb
    @sebth

Chimera is hiring and is looking for a tester…

DD
    @toolow

@datguygamer

Yours was maliciously reset, as was my 2nd profile (at least I didn’t receive any emails about “compensation”). But even without consider these, their ineptitude alone continues to bring pain and despair to their users.

@sebth

Is that recent? If not, may be nobody wants to touch it even with a barge pole. If so, did they fire the last lot? The job description sounds progressive and reasonable just like many other sites. Unless it’s a change of hearts from the management, I doubt the reality is going to be anywhere near to what it suggested.

rob4ik21
    @rob4ik21

My game still not working so far. Got info from help desc saying issue was solved, another B.S. Same story as before, after re-installing games works, just after logging to Rovio account it hangs up and next loading finishes with well known non loading balancing! Tried on 3 different phone, samsung s7, samsung xcover2, iphone6 – same situation on each device!

Contacted to helpdesc with few reminders – total silence!

Seb
    @sebth

@toolow

My post must be considered as a joke, even if Chimera is really looking for a tester. Maybe some members of the forum will be tempted to send their profile for the fun. The offer does not tell for which game(s) : Epic, Evolution…
    The offer was posted 6 month ago on LinkedIn, so not quite new.
    For some month, after each update, I wonder if the original programmers are still working on this game. If it’s the case, it’s even worse.

@rob4ik21

I think that I read that (maybe another game ?) but if you add a new comment in your request, it changes (decreases) the position in the list. When I lost my whole progression, I had to wait two weeks.

ThinkBui
    @thinkbui

Rovio finally admits that 2.4.0 created problems after waiting until they fixed one of them 10 days later.  Looking back this seems to be standard practice for them and they largely got away with it before because it usually didn’t take very long to fix them, but as the problems with Epic seem to be getting bigger and worse ever since 2.0.0, the lack of empathy for their players demonstrated by this practice is only going to be magnified and placed under more public scrutiny.

;)
    @winkwink

Now the game just deleted 2000 LC’s from my account for no apparent reason. For the past 3 weeks I have received no response to my support requests other than the usual initial one that they received your request. With the fierce grinding required to advance in the arena each week and the random crashes in the events and arena, I am getting weary of this game. It used to be fun, but now it’s embarrassing to admit to wasting so much time only to be cheated out of your rewards…

rob4ik21
    @rob4ik21

Almost in two weeks nothing solved. But Rovio continue announcing new event after another….

DD
    @toolow

@winkwink

I see what they mean by improvement. Instead of wiping your data for having impossible amount of resources, they just surgically reset only those impossible scores. Wow, that’s a huge advance in cutting edge AI unrivaled in the industry or even the world. Definitely an achievement that deserves a pay rise or a big fat bonus. Well done, Rotvio.

Quickgamer
    @quickgaming

JARSU Is increasing by the day

rob4ik21
    @rob4ik21

Today got reply from Rovio regarding the fixing of few other bugs. Running now indid.

More for fun than hoping asked them does Rovio cosidering any compensation… will see the anwer 😁

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Version 2.4.0 is Out!

Viewing 21 replies - 26 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.