Update on Matilda's new Set Item

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Update on Matilda's new Set Item

Viewing 23 replies - 26 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Thank You. Btw, found out a really fun and weird thing with the new Set Item. See there are some pigs that can mimic your healing abilities for some turns and one such healed itself during a battle from my Chuck which my Matilda stole back. But then it was stolen again by the pig making an endless cycle of healing. I had to force close the game for that. Weird and hilarious at the same time.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

I finally had stealing. Interestingly she was knocked out at the time. She stole healing from chuck and red and since it was a thorns emblem they were both knocked out instead of healing. So she can be dangerous when out cold.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Yeah, the same holds with Mana – if Chuck is out, Venomous can still fail to land.

As I’ve suggested before, Mana, etc. should not be active when then the source is KO’d or stunned.

Pointless
    @pointless

I agree, that would actually reintroduce some strategy into the Arena game. This should obviously include Banner bonus effects, as why should they really be applicable if one’s Banner is stunned?

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Tactics *and* strategy. Choosing to KO Mana / Reset on Chuck, or KO Forest on Matty. Thing is, Stun is kinda rare, so it’d be a little hard to build into an anti-Banner tactic. But it would shake things up in a big way.

Pointless
    @pointless

It is a little rare, but may bring back the Frozen Set strategy, not to mention actually make Blue’s Rage useful in Arena…

Pointless
    @pointless

Another thing I noticed, Forest can apply a stolen heal to a KOd bird, making it useless (except for the health not being applied to your bird, obviously).

Pointless
    @pointless

Nothing new in a while? Odd… Has anyone yet discovered if Forest can steal a Resurrection? I am by no means trying to call you out, but I noticed @dallasreds has been lucky enough to roll this set. Have you been playing it enough to offer any additional information?

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Sorry, been focused farming SRC to finish getting my last 2 birds to 12…

Pointless
    @pointless

No worries…I guess we are the only two interested :)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Well I do have the offhand now. It does steal from resurrection (both the Emblem and the Set abilities for Blues (Angry Birds) and Chuck (Phoenix)). But since the resurrection heal is 50%, the stolen heal is also 50%. However, the knocked bird is still resurrected.

Pointless
    @pointless

Interesting… so does the revived bird get 50% as well as the stolen 50% being applied to an enemy?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Yes, since Resurrection will resurrect the bird no matter what and stealing that heal will negate Resurrection (as the bird will stay dead), for now, both the resurrecting bird is healed for 50% health as it is revived and Nature’s Blessing also steals 50% as it is supposed to when triggered. Thus, here both party benefits. I don’t know if this will be “balanced” later.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@pointless
    Yes I spun da wheel 6x 15 LC 3x chance a few days ago and got BOTH Forest set items. I have been playing a long time and never received both set items on the same day. They were the only set I was missing. What are the odds? I have used Matilda several times in the arena since and did not see any effects yet but after reading this thread I will try her again.

Pointless
    @pointless

Wow…that is some luck! I haven’t been able to spin to complete any of the new “Arena” sets yet, just the free Calendar items (managed to spin a duplicate Sonic Staff yesterday…thanks). Not sure if I’m going to try when the next 5x comes around, as I might just wait a couple months until the new Blues and Bomb sets are available.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

I am being promoted to Gold League and when I do, I will use my 5X chance for spinning Gold League items along with free roll chances. As far as I have calculated, I have to collect a total of 82 items before my Golden Pig gets upgraded to Platinum. (Seriously, why isn’t your pig reset during a new season? What kind of a fresh start is this?)

Btw, one more info: if Nature’s Blessing works against a Shaman, the game crashes (because of endless heal cycle). It must be fixed later.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I think the Resurrection / Forest interaction isn’t right. Forest should steal 50% of the health, and Resurrection should happen so the Birst stays up.

It’s just that the Resurrected Bird should be at exactly 1 hp, not 50%. @roviobeni @roviohuzz

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@datguygamer – it’s OK to spin some 5x gold; however, those are still a few steps down from Platinum…

I will be hunting for lv.52 Dragon, Lightning and Scissors Set Items.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@graugeist While your point does make sense, that would at the same time, make Resurrection pointless to the point players will start using Forest as their default Matilda Set.
    A resurrection at 1 HP is of no value when the bird can very well die that very same round after being resurrected due to Chain Attack or any kind of other AOE attacks. For what it is now, it seems logical to me . I honestly (or anyone for that matter) wouldn’t exactly use Resurrection if the bird is revived just to die again instantly.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Stealing Resurrection is no different than anything else. The Bird *should* have died, but it didn’t. So the opponent needs to get lucky with a Chain Attack, or save an AOE.

Or burn a full 3000+ pt Crit attack on a 1 hp bird.

Even with this, that won’t catapult Matilda to the top; however, if it promotes more Matilda play, that would be good.

Remember that Matilda’s steal isn’t 100%. Resurrection will still be good, especially if you don’t have Valiant.
    ____

It’s a 20% steal, so it’s not at all reliable. If 4 Birds rez in a fight, Matty would be lucky to steal one of them. Not broken at all.

Pointless
    @pointless

I’m definitely with @graugeist on this one, but I guess it’s really how to interpret the healing event. Really, one could argue that a stolen resurrection could result in one of your birds being revived to 50% leaving the enemy’s bird still KO’d. But if you treat the healing as separate from the actual resurrection (which also makes sense) then the full 50% should be stolen, leaving the resurrected bird at 1 HP.

Pointless
    @pointless

I am having real trouble figuring out this set. I am having experiences where it procs once a battle (out of 10 or so healing events), so is on the low side, but also battles where 8 or even 9 out of 10 are stolen (which is abnormal). Not really much in between. Is anyone else having similar RNG experiences?

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

@pointless- ABE has a lot of trouble with percentages here. Sometimes Rovio is not correct with their percentages. Mabye send a ticket to Rovio.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Update on Matilda's new Set Item

Viewing 23 replies - 26 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.