Update on Matilda's new Set Item

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Update on Matilda's new Set Item

• So I got a free roll from Piggy McCool and guess what dropped in. The weapon is called Forest Flute and the offhand is called Forest Bounty (don’t ask me why) and the set bonus is 20% chance to redirect enemy’s healing to a weakened ally and is called Nature’s Blessing. Guess this will have its uses in the Arena. Gotta go find the offhand now!

Nature's Blessing Set

Forest Bounty

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 48 total)
  • Replies
  • Pointless
    @pointless

Thanks @datguygamer nice to see the whole set and actual % of the Set Bonus.
    Certainly doesn’t seem to be a game changer is any real way. With Valiant there is no need to heal one’s birds as they are up again in no time, and this Banner Set is still obviously the predominant one.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@pointless Has anyone else got this item or am I the only one?

Pointless
    @pointless

Besides the free Calendar items, I have not acquired any of the new “Arena Set” items, but apart from the free daily rolls on the GPM, I haven’t wasted any LCs to do so. They don’t seem to be worth it (so far).

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@datguygamer @pointless set already in the Arena player name of KOOLEC has a Bard sporting one. Only one I’ve seen so far but they will be two a penny in a couple of days. Since he also has a Valiant banner I’m not really sure why he bothered to spend the coins.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

The key question is whether this triggers off Resurrection. That would be a 2,000+ health bump.

Definitely nerfs Witch, which does 5,000+ healing on banner…

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@graugeist How do you heal 5000+ on the banner?

Pointless
    @pointless

I guess this depends on their definition of “ally”, as if Banner is included in this, could be nasty and as @graugeist suggests, hurts the viability of Witch significantly. Although 20% proc rate isn’t necessarily game-changing (except Rovio does have a track record of listing % that aren’t always true, don’t they?)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

By healing you mean her Giant Growth ability, right? Btw, I think this set can give the health to the weakest ally from a pig (or a bird in the arena) that is trying to heal like a Shaman. If that is so then if someone uses Witch, the player can get effectively get two heal at once (granted if he/she uses Witch’s ability on another bird that is not the weakest at the moment).
    Correct me if I’m wrong but does this hurt the viability of Witch? Also, what is this resurrection Graugeist was talking about? Did something just went over my head as I cannot recall anything named “Resurrection” off the bat.

EDIT: Never mind, I remembered that there’s an Emblem with that ability in the arena. Btw, in which league do you get that?

Pointless
    @pointless

@datguygamer Witch’s Giant Growth increases power and health by 20%. Adding Sweet Set adds an additional 25% to this as a healing effect.

eg, my Banner has 25,329 health. Using Witch’s support on this heals 20% (ie 5065) and also an additional 25% due to Sweet Set (5065 x 125% = 6331). Now the kicker is upon multiple uses of Giant Growth, as it actually increases maximum health by 20%. So Banner becomes 30,394 upon first use. Using Giant Growth upon the Banner a second time now increases its maximum health by 20% again (but now 6078 heal) plus the additional 25% from Sweet (6078 x 125% = 7598).
    This only lasts three turns before the maximum is reduced back to normal, but the associated healing remains intact.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@datguygamer – Witch heals a flat 20% of target health. At the level of Arena that I play, Banners have roughly 25,000 health, so Witch heals them by 5,000 (6,000 on the second heal). Right now, it takes forever, but Witch is almost unbeatable in Arena because you can generally heal the banner faster than the AI can damage it.

Adding Matty’s Sweet set and Sweet from Blessed can make this much bigger.

@pointless
    – the 20% rate is kinda low; however, consider a mass heal on 3 or 4 targets – there’s a good chance that something gets transferred over. This helps further nerf Venomous, BTW, as both Rainbird and Druid do a lot of mass heals.

The final class of effect is against Hocus Pocus and Vampiric, which triggers with every attack. These can add up pretty effectively.

But again, I think the real game-changer is Resurrection / Save Me. Instead of resurrecting and fighting, the bird goes down and one of your birds gets a 2,000+ heal. That swings the tide in a big way.

BTW, I’m positive that “ally” includes banner. Compare with how Paladin works in Arena…

Pointless
    @pointless

@graugeist I see your point regarding Rainbird and Druid. As if Venomous hasn’t suffered enough in the last few months!
    I wonder about Resurrection (and therefore Reborn/Save Me) as well. Can anyone confirm this is actually the case, however? Would certainly be a direct counter to the Resurrection Emblem itself…and Rovio has also shown a proclivity to approach “problems” in such a manner.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

IMO, the only “problem” is that the 20% rate is a bit too low. Should be 30-40% to make the effect significant. Healing doesn’t win games – it just drags them out, so having a high rate for stealing heals doesn’t hurt the game very much.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

I have played a couple of players with this set. It didn’t steal anything from me. Scissors and mana both heal. Nothing was stolen I checked health before and after attack. I used Witch on my banner again nothing was stolen. Two battles don’t say that much of course and it does have a low trigger.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I’ve played it a couple times with loads of heal effects (Paladin, Hocus Pocus, Witch). I did see the occasional steal, and initial play suggests the trigger is not higher than the listed 20%. I did not see a Witch heal get stolen, nor a Matilda all-heal. I think it needs more games to find out, but I’m back to grinding rather than mucking about.

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

Another weapon set that seems more effective in PvE than PvP. As mentioned by others, the Valiant banner negates the purpose of healing, and most people do not run the DoT team anymore, preferring to run direct damage to take advantage of Valiant’s Crit and Chain effects. However, there are some PvE battles where the pigs heal for stupid amounts. I can see Matilda’s new set being somewhat effective against them. However, the Sweet and Cleansing Light sets are still largely better against said pigs.

dillo
    @dillo

This really does seem to be a PvE set…pity since the last two are more PvP sets (Banner Breaker and Sonic) and the upcoming Bomb set (per rumors anyway) is another PvP set (all allies do 100% more damage to a banner less than 50% health).

Pointless
    @pointless

So I FINALLY (I have been trying for hours ever since the set was “released”) had a battle against a team with a Witch wielding the Forest Set. Naturally I ensured I entered the battle full of healing items/classes and went at it. Counted 12 separate instances of a healing effect on my team and not once was it stolen. I know 20% is low and it is but a very small sample, but come on…twelve times in a row without a proc? What is that, a 7% chance of happening? Not looking good for this set (once again, from a very limited experience)

Pointless
    @pointless

And a second battle with completely the opposite results. 7 out of 11 healing attempts were stolen, including a rather nefariously filched attempted Banner heal that healed the enemy Banner by almost 8K…ouch. Still won, and although definitey both in the range of acceptable probability given 20% proc rate, strange that I should see totally disparate results in only two sample sets.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@pointless – that seems typical or the ABE RNG. You need more than one fight to get good averages.

Good to know that it can steal Witch’s banner heal… OMG.

Did you run Resurrection to see if that got stolen?

Pointless
    @pointless

@graugeist I really wasn’t trying to read too much in to the results of such a small sample, was just somewhat taken aback by experiencing such extremes in consecutive battles. Not extraordinary, just unexpected.
    My Resurrection Emblem is really quite poor (haven’t rolled a new one in a long time) so I haven’t tried it yet due to the inherent handicap, but I will just before the next objective reset and hopefully get some results.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

OK, sure, no problem. I may play a bit if Forest comes up, to specifically test Resurrection & the Save Me sets.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Just curious but at what league do you get this Resurrection Emblem? Gold, Platinum or Diamond (I know the other three leagues don’t give this emblem)?

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Platinum gives Resurrection & Retaliate.
    Diamond gives Time Jump & Resilience.

(fixed)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@graugeist Thanks but could you help a bit more with these following? Which leagues do these belong to?

1. Thorn Wall (the advanced version of Spiky Spike)
    2. Stunning Emblem
    3. Another Emblem (name I don’t know) with the ability Weakness.

Also, shouldn’t there be another emblem for Platinum? Why only one? As far as I know, each league gives two more Emblems than the previous one.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

1. Thorn Wall is Retaliate – Platinum
    2. Gold? Not competitive, tho.
    3. also Gold? Again, not competitive.

The critical emblems are the ones you get in Platinum and Diamond, along with Spike.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Update on Matilda's new Set Item

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.