Unreasonable scores in arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Unreasonable scores in arena

Viewing 19 replies - 26 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Replies
  • candicejain
    @candicejain

@Clovos…you’re responses make absolutely no sense. What we are all trying to say is that our opponents scores are completely unbelievable. There is no way we are destroying everything in the board and our opponent beats our score by 500,000 or 1,000,000. The opponents are obviously computer generated. You need to fix your algorithm ASAP. The arena makes no sense and is completely out of control.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@candicejain — I don’t think anyone likes the way the current arena battles are run.
    I’m not sure which response of Clovos you said makes absolutely no sense.
    However, the current situation is that at the beginning of your battle your opponent flings at least two bird, and may have cleared 2 rooms, thus the high score. The opponent may continue to fling 2 birds for each you fling, so at the end the opponent should be out of birds and you have a chance to catch up.
    BTW, the opponents are not computer-generated, although there are a lot of questions about how they are chosen.
    Rovio is recording real battles by your opponent against the same sequence of rooms (they claim identical, including pigs). The number of spells your opponents are using also seems to be decreasing.

candicejain
    @candicejain

Even with more birds, there is no way the opponent is reaching such high scores. The opponent is computer generated. The algorithm is off. That is what I’m telling Clovos. He has already admitted that statistics is not his field. The guys in the analytics department have created this problem.

bigbadaboom
    @bigbadaboom

@candicejain What score are you talking about? If someone gets a 9,999,999 score in the first round, they are obviously cheating. As a rule of thumb, you can get about 100k per level per bird. So if your opponent flings 2 lvl4 birds a 100k * 2 * 4 = 800k score is reasonable. For a full round of arena a good/lucky player will achieve perhaps 3M with lvl4 birds (a bit less than ideal because you need more than one birde for some levels).

candicejain
    @candicejain

I do not believe anyone is cheating. That is why I say the things I have.

candicejain
    @candicejain

It’s an algorithm that the statistics department has to figure out.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@candicejain — Why don’t you believe @clovos? He works for Rovio on AB2 as a programmer. Although he may not have written the part of the program that selects opponents, he works with the people who do, and would have asked them. A couple of people, including me, have encountered obvious cheaters, but most opponents are not cheating. You need to read all the relevant posts about how the opponents scores are shown (not generated). They are actual recorded battles that the opponent fought. Also, some of us have encountered other ABN members in the arena, so they are real people.
    Post an example that you think proves your point and I will show you why it makes sense.
    You need to provide:
    The levels of your birds; how many spells you chose before starting the battle, how many free spells you were given during the battle, the number of birds you flung to clear each room and the number of birds you have at the beginning of the next room. You also need to provide your score at the beginning of each room (after you have gotten points for strikes and birdies). For your opponent, you need to provide the level of their birds and how many spells they selected to use. You also need to provide their score and the number of birds they have remaining when you start the next room. (They may not be on the same room as you.)

hooksfan
    @hooksfan

I can understand the frustration of some legitimate players. I played a game in the area and after two screens the player I was up against had 1.7 million to my 650,000. Yea, I lost and I refuse to sink any money into the gems. Rovio hasn’t been able to fix my gifting problem, I’m able to send the gift but it never appears to the person I sent it to (had the issue in Angry Birds Go and was the main reason that I deleted it).

Anderthon
    @anderthon

So – having read other responses – here’s my perspective.

When I throw one bird, and my opponent is already a million points ahead of me after one room, it’s not more “exciting,” and I’m not looking forward to the end. All I’m thinking is “F*** THIS SHI*.” I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gotten to the second screen after clearing the board with a single bird and already been a million+ points behind. This doesn’t enhance gameplay, it’s infuriating. Several times I’ve just bailed on the competition because it’s so heavily rigged toward the opponent.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@anderthon — Don’t know if you’ve read all this thread. But if you want to play the arena, just ignore the opponent’s score after you have completed the first 1 or 2 rooms. The opponent is throwing more birds than you and may be a room or two ahead. I agree that this doesn’t make the game more exciting, and I hope Rovio changes it. In the end, the opponent should run out of birds before you do, so you can win. Well, OK, I’m not sure your chances of winning are that great, but it happens fairly frequently.

Anderthon
    @anderthon

I’ve read most of it, and – yes – I realize that I can catch up, but if I’m thinking “do I have enough birds for half a million points in the next two rooms?” and I don’t, I’ll bail out. That’s not fun, it’s stupid.

The next patch will change the opponents way of throwing their cards. They will always throw one card when you throw one card. This will make the score more reasonable in the beginning.

Nick Gaylord
    @nick-gaylord

@clovos I’ve read through these and I still think that the programming is skewed way toward the computer opponent. I consider myself a very good player in this game and the scores that some opponents achieve are completely unrealistic.

Here’s another major problem with the arena that I have noticed in the last 4-6 weeks. The opponents in the arena are 1) from multiple different leagues (i know that because I’ve clicked on the opponents’ info and saw at least 3 different leagues that they were listed in) and 2) are now made up almost solely of bots. I was in the top league and winning or finishing in the top 3 every week, usually with anywhere between 250 and 350 stars each week. Then out of nowhere, the top player had over 700 stars one week. I was away the following week and didn’t get to play so I got bumped down one league. But I’ve noticed that all (except for about 2 players per week) have those stupid automatically generated names and AB profile pictures. I’ve since stopped playing the arena regularly, only occasionally to play a round, get the gems, but I’ve also been getting myself in the bottom 3 to see if this issue went away in the lower league. This morning I went from the Silver League (3rd lowest) to Bronze (2nd lowest). The winner in last week’s Silver League Arena had 725 stars. Only two profile pictures had pictures of anything other than an Angry Birds image. Two months ago there were some weeks where there were only 7-10 players that had stars, the others remained at zero. Why? Because they were REAL players who just didn’t play the arena. Filling the arena with bots who are getting 700 stars in EVERY LEAGUE makes this game not fun anymore.

My strong suggestion is to remove the bots and let those of us HUMANS who are playing, compete with each other, not with computer players that don’t exist.

And please don’t tell me that no bots are used. That’s like saying Ashley Madison didn’t use bots. We all know how that turned out.

Ravenlunatic
    @ravenlunatic

Putting in my two cents, for what it’s worth. As you can see from the (removed) image, there’s 5 days to go and I’ve already gotten 200 stars. I’ve gotten 200 by scoring over 5,000,000 each time I play. Highest I’ve ever scored was somewhere north of 8,000,000.

I have the complete set of the crown hats (2x) and the silver sling (2x). Every time I play, I’m up against level 51 players with the silver sling. Most of the time mine and my opponents birds are on equal levels. Now I’m not going to sit here and claim I am the best at this game, for if that were the case, I’d have far more gold medals, right? I will say that I’ve played very consistently this week and most weeks. This week I’ve lost one time. When I win, I net on average 7 stars, but most times, 10. Why? I have no idea. I can’t explain how I can beat the computer or whoever I’m playing, it just happens. Luck of the draw I guess or the fact that these levels repeat themselves, you can like I have developed strategies.

That being said, it’s not unreasonable to get 2,000,000 after two shots. I’ve done it plenty. But again, not everyone’s at my level so I can’t speak for everyone. I’m sure people at much higher levels than me can get 3,000,000 after two shots. Remember, it also depends on the stage.

Bottom line…if you play consistently and get the free birds you can find yourself getting 50+ stars in the matter of 10 minutes. Sure you can spend til the cows come home on more tickets and I’m sure people do. I’ve never. I might buy three extra birds maybe once a day max, but never extra tickets.

Sorry for the long post, just figured I’d help anyone else wondering why some people’s scores are insane. I thought the same thing months ago long before I was hooked and now I see how it’s done. Hopefully this helps.

HaoleDave
    @haoledave

@ravenlunatic

Well, the reason why you probably get mostly 10s despite them *appearing* to have the same sling as yours is because they probably don’t have the same sling as you do… There’s a known glitch that causes the opponent’s slingshot to mirror yours despite them having a wooden or bronze slingshot. This does nothing for scores, however, so you are not getting ripped off or anything. It’s funny because you end up getting a lot of 10s because you’re going up against people with lower level Slingshots!

Also, you might want to re-edit that pic you posted… Lol. You blacked out your name and profile pic, but on the right side it isn’t blacked out… :P

cognitive
    @cognitive

This is my off-week and I’m simply collecting tickets. Even scoring 8-9 in every match I’m #10-11 in my league, meaning, just playing every 3 hours and winning is not nough to avoid demotion. I won last week with 1400 points. Now I have 300 :).

mscreant
    @mscreant

When I first noticed this, I dropped a level from diamond to amethyst to see if I had a better chance and, thereby, more fun. It worked for a while, now I have to spend big resources to, hopefully, snag 8th place.

I wonder if allowing myself to drop again would help or if this isuue is present in every level?

Thoughts?

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

I was at top arena since April. Competitions become impossible. Only people who can play every 3 hrs along with zillions of gems to buy tickets + spells will have a chance. So I drop 1 level down to 2nd highest. Well!!! No huge difference. Top guy at 1100+ stars and #2 is at high 900s. I got to number 2 and stopped.

How can all these people having Bronze Sling beating people with Gold slings? You will have to run full set of spells along with 180 gems per game.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

I have a feeling you will have to play absolute minimum for weeks do you will be demoted back to the lowest arena level possible. Then you can start trolling against those noobs.

Given the competitiveness these days even if u just play 1 game every 3 hr and watch the video for the ticket, you will likely still stuck at demotion ranks at the botto..

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Unreasonable scores in arena

Viewing 19 replies - 26 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.