Under the Cloud of Night Event (Closed; Ended)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Under the Cloud of Night Event (Closed; Ended)

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 79 total)
  • Replies
  • aquadude
    @aquadude

@aquadude The Level 9 players might actually have easier opponents considering their enemies are only Level 9 too, and the scale of enemies at higher levels outpaces your own max weapon/mastery/stat increases.

I get that the opponents are leveled. My point was more…how likely is it that a player at level 9 started the contest immediately, played say four “seven” energy events in a row and within the first 10 minutes, used friendship essence to spin 750+ each time, and used maybe 12-15 energy drinks or whatever they are to be able to complete that many battles that quickly? Seems very unlikely to me.

What seems more likely to me is Rovio trying to make real players spend $$$ to be able to compete via the use of fake players who score a lot, or run their score up quickly so you feel like you’ve fallen behind and need to use energy drinks.

Rovio made a really good game here, but I’m sure they view it as a major failure because there is no chance they are making the money they want to make off of it.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Wasn’t able to start at noon; started at 2 pm PST. I’m now 3rd, 1 and 2 are the same, and their scores haven’t changed since I started. Haven’t seen the Shogun or Ronin or whatever he is yet.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Have fought 10 battles so far; now in second place at 4760. 1st is still at 7865, a pretty impressive number, given that “Stubby” played for at most 2 hrs to get that score, and it hasn’t changed in the last 1.75 hrs. Still haven’t seen Shogun or Ronin.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@aquadude If Rovio wanted to make money through this event, there are so many better ways they could do it. They don’t need bots. That would be a waste of time and effort to create. They could simply have 30 people compete in the event where there are 15 prizes. If they want to make more, then all they have to do is raise the number of people competing for those prizes or lower the number of prizes.

Most likely the people who seemed to have started with high score are accidental bugs or problems they didn’t intend. Someone with lots of essence and stamina could easily rack up 5000 points in an hour because you can get 1000 points for the tougher ninja encounter and if you got a bad spin you could use 1 essence to re-spin. I saw one of my opponents gain 1200 point in 15 minutes.

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

This weekend event is way too easy. I expected ninjas are going to be at least though as dragoons but no…

@mvnla2
    you are competing against Stubby. Person with same name was second on my leaderboard in last event. He has a picture of guy holding small kid.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Cosmo2503 — Yep, it’s the same Stubby!
    I agree that the Black Ninja battles and the Master Ninja battles have been pretty easy so far. Still haven’t seen a Samurai / Ronan.
    These battles also don’t give that many mastery points for your birds.

Jim151
    @jim151

Or maybe someone who didn’t claim their prize because they are inactive. The player who debuted at 2580 on my board is still at 2580. And the current 3rd place person who debuted at 925 is still at 925.

Jim151
    @jim151

Yeah, battles are way too easy. With a golden chili, I can usually knock out every opponent on the first go.

aquadude
    @aquadude

@mvnla2 – I was in the last competition with Stubby…He is either not in North or South America, or sleeps during the day and works (and plays EPIC) at night, because his scores don’t move during the day, but when you wake up tomorrow, he will have gained a lot…

@killerkea
    I think you’re right…I think the issue we’re seeing is that folks in Europe got to start 7-10 hours ahead of the USA…

burbman
    @burbman

@aquadude – Did Stubby take second place on your leaderboard last event, behind @cosmo2503? Not sure if she has added her username to the leaderboard, but in that case you would have taken third place at the highest as I know she won her event.

aquadude
    @aquadude

@burbman no, I won, stubby 2nd, “salah” 3rd – i play as aquadude

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@aquadude — How many points did you have in the last event? We know that Cosmo’s score was off the map, AIR.

dbkraemer
    @dbkraemer

I started about an hour late and “Unnamed Player” was in first place with 5,085 medals. Now, several hours later, I am in first place with 13,060 medals and “U.P.” still has the same score. Weird. I thought at first that I was going to have a good challenge this time. Hopefully that will still be the case if he/she is real and maybe just sleeping because they are in a much different time zone. :)

Also, I don’t see any Nesters on my board…

Anonymous

I have 2,040 medals and don’t have any nesters or Stubby on my board. In fact I have 11 Unnamed Players on my board and someone named Papa and some others.

aquadude
    @aquadude

@mvnla2 – I don’t remember exactly. More than 50,000, less than 60,000

I’m talking about the competition with those dinosaur-type things from some Japanese game, which lasted like almost a week.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Stubby is 1st on my leaderboard with 7865. It looks like he played a lot the first hour then stopped. RetardedBaboon98 is 2nd with 3530. I’m in 3rd with 2215, but I have nothing to worry about because 4th is 135 and the top 3 are the only level 37 players. I’m guessing Stubby is an admin working for Rovio which must be how he is able to be on multiple player’s leaderboards.

aquadude
    @aquadude

@killerkea – RetaredBaboon98 is 4th on my board with 3530 (same score). Stubby is not on my board. I’m first with 5055. “toonfirst” is 2nd with 4955.

something is amiss here

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Well, I finally got a battle with the Shogun. It gave 0 (zero) mastery points for my birds! I did get 810 mastery medals (or whatever they’re called), but what happened to the idea that Events were the best way to earn mastery points for your birds?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Anyone have Qwerty at 1170 pts?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@all — There is a separate forum to discuss leaderboards. Maybe a lot of this discussion should be there.

ColKurtz
    @colkurtz

I liked the last challenge better. Other than the dragons, it wasn’t difficult, but it still gave you something to do for a few minutes. The low and middle levels are just too easy, takes 30 seconds. The higher level is difficult — too difficult for me to beat without potions, and not worth the effort.

Hopefully the next challenge is at least multi-stage. This feels like busy-work.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I still have seen only 1 Shogun level, after playing 15 or 20 battles.
    I agree that the Black Ninja is not worth it, and the Master Ninja wouldn’t be worth it if there were more Shoguns.

@ColKurtz
    — You didn’t say what level you are or what birds you are using. I didn’t have any problems with the Shogun.
    I’m level 37. Not positive which birds I used, but they were 3 of these 4
    Samurai level 7 — Unmatched set with weak weapon (’cause that’s what I used on others)
    Rain Bird 7 twin lightning
    Cannoneer 7 pickpocket
    Druid 7 Yin/Yang — fills up chili faster

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

@all I thought that event began at same time for all players (i.e. it didn’t begin earlier in Europe then in the USA). For me it started yesterday at 9 p.m. CET, which is 5 hours ahead of USA Eastern Coast.
    Currently, I am first on my leaderboard with 18990 medals. Person who was the first when I started playing was at cca 2400 medals and that didn’t change during day. I started playing event levels within first 45 minutes.
    As I said earlier this event is really easy I beat each level in couple seconds without any potions. I use Druid Druid equiped with doom set, Rainbird equiped with chrono, Skulkers equiped with “radar” thing and as four bird I use Cannoneer using weapon that I had to craft as all epic weapons are too strong for enimes that ignore demage greater then 254.

angryde
    @angryde

@mvnla2. I find the appearance of each battle stage/phase/round to be quite balanced – unlike your experience. I also find each of the three permutations to be very, very easy… which is kind of disappointing.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@angryde @cosmo2503 — How many Shoguns have you seen? Do you play all the battles, including the Black Ninja?

@angryde
    — Not sure what you mean by each “battle stage/phase/round”.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Under the Cloud of Night Event (Closed; Ended)

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 79 total)
  • The topic ‘Under the Cloud of Night Event (Closed; Ended)’ is closed to new replies.