Under the Cloud of Night Event (Closed; Ended)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Under the Cloud of Night Event (Closed; Ended)

• As of noon PST (GMT-8) Under the Dark of Night is out.
    48 hr contest
    3 types of battles with the following main opponents:
    Black Ninja — 1 wave
    Master Ninja — 1 wave
    Shogun

To find out what ABN knows about the upcoming event, see this news feed:

Upcoming Angry Birds Epic “Under the Cloud of Night” Event

Opponents: Ninjas, including the Shogun
    Most ninjas ignore damage greater than x, where x depends on your level of experience.
    The Shogun ignores damage less than y.
    Thus you may need to use rage chili’s to defeat the Shogun.
    Depending on your experience level, the mastery level of your birds, and the level of your set items, it may be necessary to equip some of your birds, with lower-strength weapons. If you don’t have any available for your anvil, a good place to find some is in the caves.

Suggested Teams, based on Cave 11:

• @mighty-red-1: Samurai, Rainbird and Druid are a great combo for ninjas because of damage-over-time and two birds-healers.
    • @mighty-red-1: Rainbird, Cannoneer and Tricksters.
    • @donsleza4e,Timeywimey: Skulkers/Druid/Rainbird combo works great against ninjas. Use Skulkers’ Tricksy Trick on Druid first turn and all pigs will instantly have Thorny Vine for 3 rounds. Add in the damage from Rainbird’s attack and they go pretty quickly.
    • Timeywimey: The Robot set with beep attack for Blues (even if not Skulkers) makes it pretty easy to take out Shoguns and other ninjas, because 45% of the time it will still do 75% damage against all enemies. In other words, the Robot set’s Beep attack works on pigs with dodge ability.

Suggestion: You can add your ABN name to your leaderboard by clicking on the pencil. Would be nice to know if anyone on your board is also an ABN member.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 79 total)
  • Replies
  • abirds954
    @abirds954

I regularly ignore the home page of this website and go straight to the forums, so I appreciate this post being here.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@AMSlimfordy — I edited main post to include link to news feed. I did know about it and had read it, but didn’t think to include it.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

If there aren’t too many ninja on screen, you can use the Rogue’s Cupcake Trap to kill everything if you don’t want to use rage chili. All you do is rotate which bird has Cupcake Trap cast on it each round and have your Druid constantly heal. A combo like Druid, Mage and Rogues can work well since the Mage can cast Shock Shield on the bird with Cupcake Trap.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

Beware banana helmet. He dispels and attacks all 3 birds. Not useful for him. I have encountered 3 of them on screen at once.

Anonymous

Princess Knight and Archmage can wipe them out pretty quickly. Just make sure who ever Princess makes the ninjas attack has Protect from Knight and Shock Shield from Archmage. Just focus on THEM ATTACKING YOU. Not you attacking them.

burbman
    @burbman

I wonder if the same players will show up on my leaderboard? I am not convinced that the “player” who took second place in the last event was actually real, on several occasions, they had a medal count of an even thousand number. I can see once as a coincidence, but 3-4 times???

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@partshade. It’s a nice idea, I use thunderbird for the same reason, but again faced with banana helmet it doesn’t’ work, he also heals himself. None of these birds can attack ninja. It might be possible to wear them down but I just faced 2 banana helmets in the first battle of Bamboo Forest and they were still there after 5 minutes.

I favour Samurai, Rainbird and Druid. Cannoneer can also be useful.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@burbman did the “player” have a name. I was first on my board by more than twice the second player who had a name. I put my name up also.

burbman
    @burbman

@bubbley – No, the second place player on my board was an unnamed player, who pretty much tracked my progress point for point. I was playing at the last minute of the event to take the top spot. I took a screenshot of my leaderboard early in the last event, and will compare names/avatars to see if it is consistent from one event to the next.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@burbman. That would be interesting. I definitely had the same photo of an unnamed player in the first 2 events. One other updated the photo halfway through the second event. The player who was second in the void event was also in the first but without photo.

tinostar11
    @tinostar11

I love how the event just started and the 1st minute in , I already have someone who’s already score 2,680 Points and is 1st on my leaderboard.

abirds954
    @abirds954

@tinostar11 lol yep same here.

The enemies are much weaker than Cave 11, thank you Rovio. Also in the “hardest” battle (the Shogun on the map), it appears for me the Healing Water effect only happens after turn 1, rather than every 2 turns. It’s supposed to be every 2 turns according to the instructions in-match, but must be a glitch.

ColKurtz
    @colkurtz

Yeah I started about 15 mins in and someone is already at 6,000+, someone else at 2,000.

HUGE advantage for those with golden chili playing the middle/500 tier. You get to play 4 birds, and 2 out of 3 times the pigs were wiped out immediately when I opened with rage chili on chuck.

ColKurtz
    @colkurtz

Screw the hardest (ronin/750) level. It’s WAY more difficult than the middle 500 level. Maybe worth it if reward was 1000+.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

This is a LOT easier than the Dragon event. Esp. the top level. No “do 900 damage to everyone” effects.

Prizes aren’t much, capping at 1500 for all, but it’s only 48 hours.

Jim151
    @jim151

I love how the event just started and the 1st minute in , I already have someone who’s already score 2,680 Points and is 1st on my leaderboard.

I came here to post the same thing. 10 seconds in and there’s a guy with 2500.

But I’ve got 140 stamina drinks saved up, so I can catch him if need be.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I logged in 15 min after the event started and saw a guy with 6800. After about an hour 1st 8000, 2nd 2000 and I’m in 3rd after trying all 3 battle types with 350. I’ll be happy to let others win 1st and 2nd since the difference between 1st and 3rd is only 100 snoutlings.

CalvinJJ2009
    @calvinjj2009

@tinostar11 I had the same. Something is fishy

KillerKea
    @killerkea

The event started at noon for me. Maybe it started at noon for others as well so that would explain the headstart if they are in a different time zone. If that is the way it works, then the late starters have a huge advantage knowing the scores they will have to beat during the last few hours of the event since everyone is given exactly 48 hours to compete.

Jim151
    @jim151

Noon in what time zone? I’m in Eastern US and it started at 3PM for me.

aquadude
    @aquadude

Started at 2pm in Central, so we got it at the same time in the US.

I’m pretty convinced half of my board is bots, esp. the leaders. Also surprised to see level 9 players with 3000+ points after the contest was open for about seven minutes…

TomC
    @tomc

@aquadude The Level 9 players might actually have easier opponents considering their enemies are only Level 9 too, and the scale of enemies at higher levels outpaces your own max weapon/mastery/stat increases.

Jim151
    @jim151

@aquadude The Level 9 players might actually have easier opponents considering their enemies are only Level 9 too, and the scale of enemies at higher levels outpaces your own max weapon/mastery/stat increases.

Maybe, but I had a guy at 2500 literally seconds after the event opened.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I’m on the West Coast on Pacific time so it appears the event started at the same time for all of us. Maybe event points carried over if the person didn’t or couldn’t claim his or her prize due to the calculating problem.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Under the Cloud of Night Event (Closed; Ended)

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 79 total)
  • The topic ‘Under the Cloud of Night Event (Closed; Ended)’ is closed to new replies.