Thunderstruck – new event

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Thunderstruck – new event

Viewing 19 replies - 101 through 119 (of 119 total)
  • Replies
  • ArmourBender
    @armourbender

@sntrooper Thanks for the helpful advice. That’ll save us from spending tokens unnecessarily! :)

@deszaras
    Yeah over the last few competitions, I’ve recently spent more and more real world $$$ for topping up on gems and characters. Figured with many transformers and decepticons basically underpowered for competitions at less than level 9 or 10, it’s sooooooo hard to get the sleep and the results in exchange for my time spent on the game.

For newbies, getting those 100+ gems makes the difference and gives you a boost in the early stages.

TIP: “Investing” in the Jenga bundle was worth it, in my humble opinion.
    You can play unlimited times to accumulate the necessary pigs, coins, gold + wooden + stone blocks and “visit the beach x times” for daily challenges and competitions.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

I doubt the Dead End event will be next. They said it would be at the end of the month and there is enough time for another 6 day event before then.

Deszaras
    @deszaras

@sntrooper ugh. I wish they’d get to the Dead End Event done. They’ve been promoting it forever. It’d be nice if they’d do it before Thanksgiving. Rehashing an old event during Thanksgiving is one thing, but to add a bot event is another.

Phillips
    @phillips

@armourbender you can generally only have 1 accessory per spot. ie Crown or Headphones not both. The only time I have noticed occasions where you can have more than 1 is with shoulder accessories as sometimes 1 accessory fits on the left shoulder and another accessory fits on the right shoulder. I would think it would work with the arms as well one for the left arm and one for the right but I haven’t seen it (admittedly I haven’t been through every transformer and looked at every accessory). If it looks like they both go on the same arm/space shield and null-ray then you can probably only wear one at a time.

Phillips
    @phillips

@deszaras only people on this site have been promoting the Dead End event forever. In the update at the beginning of the month it was said Dead End would be available at the end of the month. I haven’t seen any more promotion from Rovio or Exient for him since then. So I agree with @sntrooper that there probably will be another event before then. I picked Sunstorm for this one obviously I was wrong as he is the only other seeker that hasn’t had a second release (not including the 2 year anniversary as all characters were available) I would think he will be next so they have all had 2 chances.

@20qmindreader American Thanksgiving always falls on a Thursday in the month of November, usually the last (or second to last) Thursday of month depending on what days of the month fall on a Thursday. This year it is the 24th.

I hope that Dead End Special Event doesn’t start until closer to Thanksgiving Day. And I hope that the special event that does start tomorrow doesn’t have any characters that I still need to unlock so that I don’t have to try so hard to earn tokens even if I do compete in it because I need a long enough break from the game in order to have the time to recover and rebuild my Transformers strength and gather my resources for competing in the Dead End Special Event. I was finally able to unlock Acid Storm, but it cost me 4 instant recharges with gems, so I’m a little “gem sore”, and I could really use a break from all of the game action. I guess that’s just up Rovio/Exient to decide regarding tomorrow’s new special event.

@elpapam
    I have also encountered the “Edge of the World” glitch, but it wasn’t when I playing any special event nodes, so it didn’t hurt in any competition runs. It happened when I was playing one of the desert region nodes from the map. When I reached the edge, my Transformer just got stuck running at the edge, but my Transformer’s teammate kept going over the edge, continuing to run as it falls in a wide arc, then I could call the teammate back (which I still able to do) and watch the same thing happen all over again. I did that few times before I decided to retreat back to the map because it was actually kind of funny to keep watching my teammate run over the several times.

@phillips
    and @armourbender I wish that Rovio/Exient would make it possible to be able to put more than one accessory from each of the customization slots onto my Transformers, like, for example, for Brawl, the Turret accessory on one arm, and the Rocket Launcher accessory one the other arm. Or if the accessories have to be placed on the same arm, stack one accessory on top of the other. That would certainly make it easier for players to decide how they want to customize their Transformers.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

@jimmy-necessary I totally agree that TFS should be able to wear more than one accessory on each slot. I find it strange that normal starscream can wear His shoulder pads and null ray at the same time yet energon starscream can’t

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

Dear @acwb16 or anyone who had to get Minion Pig as Acid Storm bundle in this event,

I’m curious about your Acid Storm bundle.
    What was the contents of your Acid Storm bundle?

I had gotten Acid Storm in a previous event, and don’t have any accessories,
    so my Acid Storm bundle is
    1. Kremzeek for Acid Storm +10% Damage
    2. Gems 500
    3. Tokens 5000.

Referring back to page 1 of this post:

Once I got Kremzeek during this event via Token Exchange,
    my Acid Storm bundle changed 1. Kremzeek into Tokens 750.
    Thanks for the advice, @sntrooper, you’re right!

@sam-spargo
    , didn’t get Sunstorm in my Acid Storm package :(
    Already had Acid Storm & Skywarp and Starscream. Suppose that Rovio / Exient works in mysterious ways. Unpredictable sometimes…

So, what was the contents of your Acid Storm bundle?

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@jimmy-necessary all the glitches should all been reported to Rovio to make them understand that we aren’t stupid!

@deszaras
    And the new character if it will come with the bundle i will bought him right away.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

@armourbender my acid storm bundle had acid storm,his kremzeek accessory and 500 gems. I also got two Halloween hats for him as well which was a nice surprise

Phillips
    @phillips

@armourbender Acid Storm and Kremzeek were replaced with the tokens. Acid Storm cost 5000 tokens which is why your bundle had 5000 tokens because you already had Acid Storm. If/when you acquired the Kremzeek it was replaced with 750 tokens (which was its cost during the event). The 500 gems was standard and always remained.

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

Thanks @sam-spargo and @philips for the reply.

It’s good to know a little better how their bundling works.
    Helps in the planning – whether to play & earn tokens to get the character / accessory, or just buy it outright.

And the game’s bundle adjusts according to what we have and don’t have. :)

@elpapam
    agree with you, sometimes the characters are ridiculously high 5000, 6000, 7000+++ tokens and 5 to 7 days in the competition :O Therefore average 1000 tokens to get per day. :O

So if I want to get many things to enjoy this competition, it’s better to just buy and end the pain ;)

It is better to buy, but some players (myself included) don’t have the option to buy, and so those players who can’t buy have to compete in the special events.

So I’m asking all of the players out who can buy bundles, gems, etc., please make it easier on me, and other players with my situation, and do not compete in the special events. Otherwise, you’re not being fair to those players, like me, for example, whose options in the game are much more limited.

rlc
    @rlcoone

Rovio doesn’t really care whether you play the competition or not, they just want your money. That’s why they leave the bugs there, that’s why they use bots to drive up the scores, that’s why they nerf the TF’s and make accessories that make the TF’s weaker, and that’s why they make the competitions miserable to play.

Everyone who just buys the package or buys gems to get ahead in the competitions just plays into Rovio’s plans and gives them more reason to abuse the rest of us. Why should they open up new areas when people keep paying them more and more the worse the game gets?

What are you going to do with the nice shiny TF you just paid money for? Run the same old nodes in the same old areas? Send him on missions while you do other things? Upgrade him to max……and then what?

Read the terms of service, you don’t own the TF you paid money for. They can nerf it, they can take it away from you, they can do anything they want to it. You don’t own it.

So can anyone what happened with the game? After the Token Exchange ended, no new special events popped up. Is Rovio giving us a break between this event and the Dead End Special Event, or Rovio need to update the game again first? I haven’t yet received any notifications about new updates for the Angry Birds Transformers game.

acwb16
    @acwb16

@armourbender I can’t help much as I didn’t pay much attention to my bundle. It was $20 for Acid Storm, an accessory, and some gems. I managed to get Acid Storm with tokens even after a couple days of REALLY low scores on the leaderboard. Spent more gems than I want to getting there, but I did.
    I’ve only had one event I did pay attention to the bundle because either I need the new character or (only happened once) I had everything Rovio was offering. That event I had a bundle for $5-6 that was tokens, gems, and one of the nicer accessories.

I’ve been playing for almost 4 years (lost 2 of those reinstalling because of CNY event) so I’ll consider a $5 bundle once in a great while. But $20 for a character? I have to pass, every time. Especially with what @rlcoone says – with the glitches and no new areas for 3 years now, the nerfings, and the miserable grind these competitions are becoming, this doesn’t feel like a game worth $20.

In 4 years, Rovio’s gotten $5 out of me (I really loved the Halloween event!). Now if the bundles were $5 or so for the new bot they’d probably be able to get $20 a year out of me. But please guys, give us some new areas at least!

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@armourbender It’s totaly pain and in the long run the time need to be spend the anxiety and for some the constantly payment for gems to refills it doesn’t compared for the 19.99 Euros/Dollars that might cost the new Character in a bundle with always an extra highly accessory and gems!

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

@acwb16 thanks for the update about your Acid Storm bundle… I feel Acid Storm was worth getting. After 4 years, Roxio only got $5… admire your resolve & persistance…
    Yah, strongly agreed, Rovio / Exient: opening up new areas would be good, since practically all the characters have been revealed… Dead End being the last.

@elpapam
    when you suddenly announced you bought the bundle, what a pleasant surprise for me. I thought a high scoring player like yourself would have stuck to farming for gems or had an easy time in this game due to your transformers & decepticons at level 15.
    Guess you can see the sense in just getting a good package with accessories + a character!
    Thanks for all your screenshots and posts! :) It gives the rest of us something to look forward to achieving!

Talking about bundles, the latest bundle for the Thanksgiving Event seems without any transformers & decepticons. Just 150 gems, 1000 tokens, 10 000 coins. What a let down. :( After calculating, this time around, I would rather buy discounted gems now with the 2 days special offer, then keep / use the gems towards buying the character that I am lacking.

See you all in the other thread!

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@armourbender the thanksgiving bundle is a complete failur and it’s given to sy buy better gems with that money!

But my self i speak from heart i can’t stand any more the stress of the competition i might a lucky or bit good player but that it doesn’t make me feel easy And because of m work i have free time the previous time with the Thandercracker event (previous event) but now because i have to travel again by car for the company that i am working for i would have once again very much free time to spend in playing and the most of the times i would be on the road driving and when i will be home at 19:30 – 20:00 believe me i wouldn’t be have the energy to play or even touch my phone to play!

So if Dead End Event come and have the Bundle with the character i would buy it right away.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Thunderstruck – new event

Viewing 19 replies - 101 through 119 (of 119 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.