Thoughts on No Destructometer in MEBC.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Thoughts on No Destructometer in MEBC.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 95 total)
  • Replies
  • Lil Bug
    @angieblu

I can agree the timing of the roll out was poor. This type of change should have happened with the new season.

Some have not updated their devices and are playing on the old MEBC system. At some point they should force the update. Dan Chan made his first run on Monday in the old system and his re-run came as the #ExtraBirdChallenge.

Removing the destructometer means every player is given the same number of opportunities to score. Large FPs can earn 2-3 cards in a room, mid FPs earn 0-2, and low FPs are needing two rooms to generate one card. This is a huge discrepancy in scoring opportunities.

Yes, most of us are earning significantly fewer room coins. But it wasn’t so long ago that they weren’t even part of the deal, so technically they are an added bonus. While my overall score sucks my placement in MEBC has been amazing! I am earning twice the rank points that I was under the old system. So I am in favor of giving it some time to see if it works.

hogbeater
    @stedman42

@angieblu The update was forced. However, if the game was open, you are only forced to updated it after the game is closed and then opened again. There are people who obviously are not closing the game down on purpose, so they can continue to use the destructometer.

You say that large FPs can earn 2-3 cards in a room….low FPs are needing two rooms to generate one card. No. The FP has nothing to do with the number of cards earnt. The FP only multiplies your score – extra cards are earned by knocking down structures and earning a good non-multiplied score. If a person with low FP and high FP played exactly the same shots, they would both earn exactly the same non-multiplied score and get exactly the same number of extra cards. The only difference would be the multiplied score.

What’s happening now is that some people are playing without the destructometer, some are playing with it, and there seems to be a small number of people who are hacking their score. Theoretically, the highest max score with 11 birds, if they are all at max flock power, would be around 240 million, and that would be assuming each room is cleared by one bird, and you are getting the max score of 100 0000 (before multiplication) each time. In reality, this won’t happen and the max realistic score on max FP is around 150 million.

Lil Bug
    @angieblu

Hi @stedman42! Yes the update was forced but the timing of when the actual system forced update occurred depends on what platform and where in the worl you play the game. Forced updates occur on Android devices much later than everything else.

Do you mean to say that players have been able to keep their game open for going on 5 days? That’s how they are still playing with the destructometer? That would take some serious dedication.

I curious how you explain the card difference. I can watch a vid for a CvC or MEBC and those guys conststantly get 2-3 cards. Now when I perform exactly the same, or even better sometimes, I am only given 1 maybe 2. And when has a 100 FP ever received 3 cards in a room? Regardless of how much damage they do in the room it NEVER happens. Based on video evidence I am sticking to the theory that your FP absolutely correlates to how many cards you receive in return.

I do agree top spots in MEBC are riddled with cheaters. It is lava and there are multiple videos posted of people getting a gargoyle glitch for long periods of time and racking up big points. So it is possible still when there is lava at least.

hogbeater
    @stedman42

Yo @angieblu I sometimes keep apps open for days without closing them, unintentionally. You know, you finish playing, press the home button and go onto a different app. If I was lucky enough to still be playing with a destructometer, I certainly would make sure that I wouldn’t close the game!

I watch many videos from Dan Chan, johnsonfunky, Mr Vice Guy and Angry Z (and Daru7gaming before he was banned).  I have a much lower FP than Mr VIce guy, but when I followed him, I usually gained the same number of extra cards, which is why I don’t think it depends on FP. I may be wrong though.

I don’t know what a gargoyle glitch is – what is it? Do you have any links to videos of it? And as for cheats, currently Dan Chan (FP 1330) has a score of 90 million (watch his video on youtube). He played very well. Babau, on the other hand, with FP of 777 has a score of 235 million, more than 2.5 times more than Dan , with nearly half his FP.Meaning he was scoring on average five times more than Dan with each bird. Impossible! I think as many people as possible should report him. Cheating is ruining the game.

PS My position in the game is probably slightly higher, but I will still end up in Emerald 1 frame so won’t get any extra coins at the end of this season. I am, however, missing out about 15 -20 coins per day now playing without a destructometer, so in the long run I will end up with far less coins.  In the end, those with low FPs (and hence get very few bonus coins at the end of each season) will be hit the hardest.

guava564
    @guava564

I don’t know if anyone has already said it but this seems to me just a way of reducing the number of mighty eagle coins you can get each day pure and simple. I now get about half the amount each day that I used to.

OddBird
    @oddbird

The leader yesterday scored 1.8 billion! Not sure that is even possible without free birds…

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

That was the rock shooter/gargoyle glitch.

That said, exploiting a glitch in my opinion is no different than cheating by using a hack or some other exploit.

angrybirdspoop
    @angrybirdspoop

The change makes me want to abandon the MEBC, I can hardly get more than 30m points in the first run, but I used to score 60-70m on average before the update.

For the new update, it’s only about how many gems are you willing to spend, because each bird can only be used once, you can memorize the rooms and plan beforehand,

In the old Mebc, you could get different extra cards. If you get the right card at a good timing, you can score a lot more, and get a lot more coins in those lucky days. The old one is fun to play, and filled with infinite possibility, dynamism and surprise, the new MEBC is just another boring pay to play crap.

garethw
    @garethw

A new low today and

Golden pig in MEBC that doesn’t give an extra bird.

rovio you twats sort your programming out – imbeciles.

garethw
    @garethw

I rank higher now average 6 coins more, but offset by averaging 9-12 coins for 5-6/rooms verses 16-30 for 7-10 rooms.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

Dat sucks! With whistle!

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Yep, the golden pig doesn’t do anything because it is tied to the destructometer.

Had it as well and got nada for it.

mrsnevilledevil
    @mrsnevilledevil

Has anyone heard anything about Rovio planning to remove the destructometer in the clan play eventually too?? I heard that rumor yesterday. Hoping it is untrue. If that happens, I’ll be very upset. The clan feature is my very favorite part of this game.

I agree. MEBC is now a short, uneventful BORING run, every morning. I used to love it!

It’d be awesome if they put a few golden pigs in there that actually gave you an Extra card or a spell card!!!!

without the ability for the extra cards, if you make one little mistake or If there is a tiny pig wedged out of reach, you’re f-Ed Playing again for 60 gems doesn’t even make much difference, so I’m done with that. I sincerely hope that the pricing in the MEBC store has gotten less expensive. If there is another price increase for the 11 point hats I think I’ll be done with bootcamp.

grammyK
    @grammyk

I posted a complaint about this issue on AB Facebook page, as an addition to a recommendation as that is the only way I could see to post on their page. I hope a lot of people see it and comment.

My scores are half usual or less and I can only finish 2 or 3 rooms instead of 7 to 10. This is a huge loss of bonus coins. What I think made this change even worse than all the things already commented on, is that they have given us the most ridiculously hard rooms as well which is contributing to my terrible performance.

guava564
    @guava564

If the point of this update is to stop people getting as many mighty eagle coins I suspect complaining is probably a waste of time. Only a revenue loss would make them change it. As for making the same change to the clan battles is concerned I can’t see why they would do that as there is no gain for Rovio unlike the update to the boot camp.

@nas76

The MEBC coins per room was only added about 4-5 months ago so you still get more than you would have previously done so before that change.

What I have noticed though, is that my daily finishing position is higher on average than it used to be.  When you think about it the reason is quite obvious, a player with a high FP filled the destructometer faster than a lower FP player could, therefore even an average player with a high FP would always beat a very good player with a much lower FP.

Now with that advantage removed, a more competent but lower FP player may be able to get through more rooms and create more damage per room than a poorer player with a higher FP and therefore record a higher final score.

guava564
    @guava564

<p style=”text-align: left;”>The destructometer fills up with the amount of stuff you destroy. Nothing to do with fp. I finish roughly the same as where I used to which is what I’d expect. And also saying that the coins per level was only added a few months ago so we should be grateful for whatever we get is the “well it could be worse” argument. You can always say that.</p>

Buster
    @doulgas

@guava564, I believe a higher FP results in more points awarded for destroying structures. So knocking over a structure using a bird with 100 fp will get you more points than using one with 80. That will fill up the meter faster, giving you more extra cards and ultimately a higher score for the round, all other things equal.

You can see this effect by watching some of the YouTube videos and duplicating the shots.

@nas76

@guava564 as Buster says, watch the videos, you will see higher FP players fill up the d-meter faster.

Furthermore, I have an inkling the change was brought about because Rovio wanted to do something about Solo.  I have noticed that with one exception (probably due to cycling boulders in a lava layout) that Solo hasn’t been near the top 3 n most days.  A couple of months ago there were rumours that Solo is a cheat (I don’t know either way) and other top players were renaming themselves as “SoloIsACheat” etc.

I have no proof of this but it’s just a theory of mine.

I think Solo was maxing out near to what the top possible points were, i.e. except in the case of lava levels where a boulder cycle can occur the maximum number of base points available in any room is 100,000.  The base points scored is then multiplied by the used bird’s power.  In MEBC there were a maximum of 15 rooms, that number is academic now because a strike in each room would only allow you to clear 11 rooms at most.

Therefore the top scorers need to clear the pigs out as quickly as possible to get higher scores whereas before the change it may have been more beneficial to destroy as much structure as possible and then the pigs if that player was certain to recycle the d-meter; certainly this would have been the case in the early few rooms.

As I said yesterday, the new method, despite us not getting as many MEBC coins as we did before, I think it is better for players who don’t have massive FPs but are playing well.

Buster
    @doulgas

@nas76, good points, although if Rovio just had it in for Solo, why not ban him? I don’t know whether he’s a “cheat” or not. I don’t even know how one would go about cheating in the first place. (I don’t regard buying extra gems, etc. as cheating. A foolish use of real money, maybe, but not cheating.)

I think I’m mostly irked because of the timing, plus the fact that I had developed a particular strategy for playing MEBC that is now obsolete.

I’ll probably get used to it and maybe even like it better if the playing field is level. At least it doesn’t take as much time to play.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Ironically nearly every day it is a lava level since they hosed the MEBC. Total luck if one can clear more than 2 rooms since the rock shooters may or may not cooperate.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

I decided I would try a second attempt in the MEBC since all I need is just a few points to get to the next level and today is the last day.

When I  played it again, the destructometer was active, only had Stella, and earned extra birds/spells.

Not sure if they changed it back , or if they made it where you have to pay for the destructometer.

@nas76

Whatever Rovio do they simply have to be consistent.  I don’t mind either way but they cannot make changes at random times.  Today wasn’t an issue for me as it’s the last day of the season and I’d already levelled up yesterday so I was never going to level up again but no doubt it has affected people.

Salmotrutta9
    @salmotrutta

@grammyk

Rovio definitely made it much harder to clear a room with one bird.  This next MEBC should be interesting.

APN
    @apn19

today i got the Destructometer back looks like they have reverted that update

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Thoughts on No Destructometer in MEBC.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.