Thoughts on No Destructometer in MEBC.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Thoughts on No Destructometer in MEBC.

• I did not care for this. My score was much less than normal. I’m curious for everyone’s thoughts on the changes??

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 95 total)
  • Replies
  • Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

I just played my first go with this change and I’m not too sure about it. It seems like the idea is too remove the meter but then give access to all extra birds to “balance it out” but then again why do that in the first place since it doesn’t change anything. I scored less than I normally do (or did when the meter was active) which means less coins.

It’s hard to say, I think a few more rounds of it to try it out will be good enough to see if it’s better, worse or no difference at all.

hogbeater
    @stedman42

My score wasn’t too bad, but I only got 20 coins. I think it’s shite. You now start off with 11 birds, I used to normally have 9 or 10 at the start of the third room, and then got a whole bunch more during the game. Everyone is going to get less coins this way, which means the special hats will be harder to get.

Interestingly, some people managed to play with the destructometer working. Check out Youtube videos of dan chan and johnsonfunky.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Absolute crap. 6 coins when I normally get 16-25.

hogbeater
    @stedman42

I managed 20 coins. That may sound good but I usually get 30. I also forgot to put the bug hats on my birds so my score wasn’t that great. I will have another go later

mrsnevilledevil
    @mrsnevilledevil

Glad to hear everyone is on the same page & I wasn’t just sucking today… ;)

ryan-kochie
    @ryan-kochie

It is about your position at the end of the day, so if everyone is getting less points and it is a bit more skill based you may have a chance of a better position. Though it seems anyone who didn’t restart their phone still had bootcamp before the event started. I myself got lucky and am in the top 100 last I looked. Hopefully by tomorrow everyone will be playing with the event unlocked so it’s more even playing field.

AngryBirdStar
    @maria-cilento

Total disgrace! The new update sucks!

Kochschwein
    @jaspertm-l

I don’t know what that nonsense is!  In the middle of the MEBC season, the issues are getting worse.  That will spoil my desired second green frame.  My extra birds don’t have high FP.  I cannot reach my average score anymore.  There are no extra cards due to the disconnected destructometer.  Thanks, Rovio, for messing up my MEBC target!

Kochschwein
    @jaspertm-l

I don’t know what that nonsense is!  In the middle of the MEBC season, the issues are getting worse.  That will spoil my desired second green frame.  My extra birds don’t have high FP.  I cannot reach my average score anymore.  There are no extra cards due to the disconnected destructometer.  Thanks, Rovio, for messing up my MEBC target!

mrsnevilledevil
    @mrsnevilledevil

That’s crazy!!! I watch their videos regularly! I wonder why this change wasn’t for all players?

Cooper
    @gcarpiceci

Firstly, I think it is very unfair to change the rules of a tournament when it is still in course; there are only a few days to the end of this boot camp, which was started with a certain set of rules and now they are changed.

I was on a trajectory of collecting points and coins to get my target rewards and now this is totally upset…

With the new mode one gets much less points and less coins; this would require to rebalance the price of the final rewards, but this could only happen if these new rules were introduced at the start of a new boot camp.

I think this is very bad for the integrity of the game,

kmlz
    @kmlz

The daily MEBC still had the destructometer for about 7  hours before the game updated, they probably played before the change occured.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

If this stays, I am done with the game. The pay for play people still have all of the advantages, and the rest of us get hosed.

Buzzeeee
    @buzzeeee

Since Boot Camp is maybe the most dishonest part of the game (and that’s really saying something), I just roll my eyes at this change.  Boot Camp is often the most transparent cheat, they usually just give you exactly what they want to give you: there are probably more strangely surviving pigs and “coincidences” here than anywhere else and there are major recurring patterns of “have a strangely bad day” then the next day “have a strangely good day” over and over and over.   So Rovio suddenly inventing a new rule here that makes it harder to get coins just feels like Boot Camp’s utter riggedness at its usual.  They’re going to let you have exactly what they want you to have, no matter what.

Psygaz
    @psygaz

This morning was the first time I played in the new mode. I got 6 coins as opposed to  my usual 25-30.

I don’t need to describe how I feel about this.

hogbeater
    @stedman42

The only reason Rovio have brought in this change is to make more money. Plain and simple. As you now get less coins, you will be more inclined to have another go at 60 or 200 or however many gems it costs (I don’t remember the exact amount). And if you don’t do well on the second go, you may have a third…etc. Theoretically, the reduction in score shouldn’t matter that much as everyone is being affected so the position you get should stay the same…so I don’t understand why there are still monstrous scores of over 200 million on the leaderboard for today’s event.

I know this is off-topic – but is there any reason for 2 forced updates in the last 24 hours. Very annoying when you have crap internet access

hogbeater
    @stedman42

@paygaz – did you manage to play using the destructometer yesterday? Did you re-start the game yesterday at all?
    I think if you haven’t restarted the game since before the Monday event, then you still can play with the destructometer. And I reckon some people have realised that and are not completely closing down the game after playing. And I don’t blame them…if I knew that, I wouldn’t have closed my game down either. That may explain the still-high scores in the leaderboard today

Psygaz
    @psygaz

@stedman42 Played yesterday morning with the destructometer. And, yes, I did do a restart. Ah well, that’s that and here we are.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Well, I played again today and I got 4 coins, which is probably the lowest I’ve ever got, when previously I’d get 12 minimum with on a bad/average run and at least 16+ on a good/very good run. I know I didn’t play badly as I play extra carefully so that I don’t waste my free attempt.

I can safely say that this change is terrible and is a good example of “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. The MEBC is now worse than before and everyone’s scores will now be lower than what they would be with the meter active which means less coins. I know my run today was above average so with the meter active I would’ve got 12+ coins.

Plus we still have the obvious cheaters who you see every day on the “meet the top players” screen who have over 100m, which annoys me because I don’t care what the top players got as they almost definitely did not do it legit.

hogbeater
    @stedman42

@oliverfrancis What I suggest you do is to watch the MEBC videos. Sam Chan, Johnsonfunky and Angry Z always seem to do one, and sometimes Mr Vice Guy does one. What I do is just try to copy their moves, and sometimes I do better than them, other times I don’t but I usually get a good score (at least I did till Rovio cocked it up).

The absolute max number of coins you can get now is 30 – and that’s if you only use one card on each room, which is impossible. Would you really be able to clear several stone structures if you only had the blues left, for example. I think if you only use 2 birds per room you are looking at around 12 points or less. Gone are the days where it was possible to get 40 or more points.

I don’t know if the top scorers do cheat. Johnsonfunky posted a video a little while ago of playing with his main account, and he did indeed get over 200 million. As does Mr Vice guy when he posts his. Most of Johnsonfunky’s videos are made with an alt account which has a much lower FP

mrsnevilledevil
    @mrsnevilledevil

I played again today & got SIX measly coins. I normally get 12-20. What really burns my buttons is that this change happened during a season. Like everyone else it is throwing off my plan for the frame & amount of coins I expected to get. I don’t understand why they couldn’t have waited for the season to end to make these big changes. I know the changes are an effort from Rovio to get us to waste & buy more gems but to change the rules during a season is despicable.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

My run today got me a me only 4 coins when I know I would’ve got 16+ with the meter active, as I cleared several rooms just as I normally did before this change.

A completely pointless change that does nothing good for anyone, they should just revert it or increase the coins given per room since now it’s basically half what we used to get.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

It actually favors the pay for play people even more as all of their birds are maxed out and they all have every single hat.

OddBird
    @oddbird

Agreed. My scores are about half of what they were before, but the leaders still have the same scores!

i8pigsThunder
    @i8pigs

Support 24 hour BOYCOTT ROVIO AB2 TONIGHT For Halloween until 11/1. Don’t Like the Game direction Go Dark NO GAMEY PLAY at ALL!

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Thoughts on No Destructometer in MEBC.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.