SRC Broken as grind level?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum SRC Broken as grind level?

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 188 total)
  • Replies
  • Anonymous

@smwforever45
    I just ran 20 times through cave 1-5 and have some comments that you’ll all hopefully find useful:

– This is probably obvious, but the strength of the borrowed bird plays a big factor in how long it takes to get through the level. I was using my own M12 Elite Stone Guard, and switched back and forth between my M13 Elite Thunderbird and my M12 Elite Bard, depending on which bird I was borrowing from a friend. Also, mostly using L62/E5 sets (or thereabout). Anyhow, my completion times were between 2:30 and 3:00 when using very strong borrowed birds, and between 3:30 and 4:00 when using weaker ones. There are only so many times you can play any of the cave levels before you run out of birds to borrow, which is a factor if you’re grinding all day. Cave 1-5 can still be beaten with only two of your own birds on autoplay, assuming they’re strong enough, but it’ll be relatively slow, and will impact the per-minute numbers. My point here is that I think Yoshi’s time numbers above may be suffering from a small sample size, and skew low, which makes the per-minute numbers look better than they should.
    – I got 80 mastery per bird per run, which is pretty close to Yoshi’s figure above.
    – I got 93.6 snouts per run, which is higher. I wasn’t paying attention to count Wealthy Rogues, but I’m sure that accounts for the difference.

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@smwforever45
    Well done! Thanks for the informative post and all the research

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

never mind …

Cassa_dk
    @cassa

1-5 seems like a good option, i can finish it in 2:15 without borrowing any birds. using

M14 62-E6 Samurai – Dragon Breath
    M11 62-E5 Wizard – Twin Lightning

angryde
    @angryde

@smwforever45 Great job, as ever, and super-informative. I’ve just been running through Cave 17-9 15x per day or thereabouts… until all of my ‘borrows’ are expended. I’ll need to find some new FB friends + start hitting Eastern Sea-6. Sigh. I miss pre-nerf SRC.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Of course, my sample size was low but I never claimed my research to be representative. ;) Further testing is a must. I only meant to give a quick overview, for myself and for you all.

@angryde

I’ve got four pages filled with friends. :P I have a few weaker ones as well… they’re still useable if you decide to use them for Cave 1 instead. (Of course, you shouldn’t use them in Cave 17. :P)

Napoleongl
    @napoleongl

Had another epic restart today and kept my fingers crossed that it would undo the nerf but sadly it didn’t.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I got the same Epic restart just now.
    I wonder what they did, if not undoing the nerf?

EDIT: Chronicle Caves haven’t been changed. Wealthy Rogues still appear and Brutes and Shamans still drop a lot of Snouts.
    The Necromancers at Mouth Pool also still drop the same as before.
    I see no obvious changes…

ineptidude
    @ineptidude

I can’t even log into Facebook to grind the caves. Thanks Rovio. If nothing changes I might be done with Epic

Daniel Nathanson
    @daniel-nathanson

Sigh. Is it back to western cobalt plateau (wcp)? That grind can get snouts in a hurry. Just cant autoplay. (Another) sigh. Thanks rovio

Anonymous

@daniel-nathanson
    Which Cobalt Plateau level are you talking about? And why can’t you autoplay it?

Elemento93
    @elemento93

Damn, this sucks.. Fortunately I have a little bit more than 200k, but just yesterday I spent around 10k for potions and chili cakes saying to myself that I was too rich..

At first I thought that the game was broken, because after 3 hours and 15 minutes of autoplaying SRC, my overall snoutlings went from 201406 to 202930 (1524 earned).

Considering an average (now) of 25 snoutlings every time the level is completed,
    with a “non optimal” team (Avenger, Lighting Bird and Tricksters), I had about 60 runs of the level. In old terms, those 60 runs would have brought around 7k snoutlings..

Anyway, thanks Yoshi @smwforever45 for your new research about the best places to grind for money and mastery.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@elemento93 My pleasure!
    At least you still get the mastery as well so it’s not all wasted :)
    However, if you have Facebook friends I’d definitely use the Chronicle Caves to rack up Snouts, and even if you don’t have FB you can still play Chronicle Cave 1 easily if you are at a high level. If you don’t want to play the Caves for some reason, Eastern Sea-6 and Mouth Pool are also very good (the former for Mastery especially, the latter for Snouts).

@daniel-nathanson
    @poptimus
    I think he’s talking about this one level where you fight this lone Brute that gives 10 snouts, or something. I can see why that is impossible to auto-play – because one hit and the level is done. Auto-play is useless there.

Western Cobalt Plateaus, however, does NOT have a single Brute. I just looked and it’s a normal level like any other. Possibly, the boss pig there is just there the first time you play the level, and disappears afterwards.

Marty Schofield
    @marty-schofield

Mouthpool gives 10 snouts every time you can kill the Spirit Caller before he runs away – up to 10 times over the 10 levels.

Problem is Autoplay is too stupid to wipe him out, so you have to play

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@marty-schofield
    I know. I did the tests on the previous page. Mouth Pool is quite good for Snoutlings but so is Chronicle Cave 1. Plus, the latter is a lot easier for auto-play to clear properly, and you can clear it twice as fast as Mouth Pool, and it provides MUCH more Mastery AND Wealthy Rogues can spawn which are additional bonuses.

EDIT: The Spirit Caller will only run away in the first 9 waves. In the 10th wave, he’s on his own and he will stay and only drop 2-4 Snouts.

Suikyo
    @suikyo

@daniel-nathanson Western Cobalt Plateau is near Matilda’s Garden and is just a one wave battle. Cobalt Plateau 12 would give more snoutlings but is still too short.

Marty Schofield
    @marty-schofield

I’ve settled on Cave 1-5 if I’m not paying close attention since it takes longer. East Sea-6 if I pay closer attention since even on autoplay the birds fly through it.

Annoying thing about 1-5 is no replay button since it’s a 2 bird level, even if you don’t borrow a 3rd, you still have to go back out to the cave and then back in. East Sea-6 has the replay button so it’s 2 taps and they’re going again with less reload time.

Joanna Caccavo
    @joanna-caccavo

Anyone know the best level to harvest bamboo?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@joanna-caccavo
    Bamboo Forest, no question. Magic Shield-5 also gives a lot of Bamboo.

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

For what it’s worth I think anyone who is grinding and using the snoutlings to buy materials to enchant should just stick to KPC and then devote 1/4 of your normal grinding time to square forest to pick up the squarewood for enchantment. Just a thought, I’m not an expert?

Daniel Nathanson
    @daniel-nathanson

hey pops. yeah i refer to western cobalt plateau. the single boss is no longer there. but you can do the Rage-Rinse-Repeat Method to rack up snouts still (you need the Golden Chili for sure):

Drag Rage chili to bird that will destroy all enemies (bomb is my choice, chuck also works)
    Immediately hit pause, don’t let birds finish damage or anything
    Restart Battle

all snouts and mastery will credit to your score. Of course you get NO wheel spin, so if you want resources, you’ll need a different method choice :)

i get 6-10 snouts in 6-10 seconds for maybe 35/min avg.

In theory this could work on any single wave match. WCP has decent/easy enemies and Wealthy Rogues on occasion. No Auto Play with this method, and a high risk of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. heheh :)

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Cave 1-5 gives 27 snouts/minute on average. A bit less but you can let auto-play do the work for you, you can spin rewards, and you won’t be prone to CTS ;)

cosmicdebris
    @cosmicdebris

great catch every one should retweet that tweet

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@cosmicdebris
    Retweet? Why should I retweet it when it’s a hoax? :P

Daniel Nathanson
    @daniel-nathanson

and thx Red Yoshi for all the stat work you did on Mastery/Snouts payoffs post-Castle Nerf. depending on what i need, i’m vacillating between Eastern Sea 6 and the CTS-inducing WCP ;)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum SRC Broken as grind level?

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 188 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.