Spending pearls to buy hats and upgrade slingshot

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Spending pearls to buy hats and upgrade slingshot

• I am trying to determine the most efficient method for spending pearls to buy hats and upgrade slingshots.

I am tempted to spend 140 pearls for the birthday hats for all seven birds, which I assume from other reports upgrades my slingshot to bronze. I don’t really know how this benefits me. Is buying now a better approach than waiting to spend 100 per hat to purchase the bird-specific score-increasing hats?

Any thoughts?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 123 total)
  • Replies
  • Nevermind
    @deaftalk

@abeggertoo

Why not get the easy upgrade and get a sling that will help you along?

ABeggerToo
    @abeggertoo

In the end, I opted to start with the crowns. so far I have 4 birds with crowns and hope I can complete the set with DCs and a good week in the Arena. It should take no more than two more weeks.

cognitive
    @cognitive

Could someone please explain the multiplier gained by using pearls?

ABeggerToo
    @abeggertoo

@cognitive I believe it adds a level (or two) to your bird level. I have birds at level 11 with crowns (+2). I believe they now score equivalent to level 13 – at least I am still competitive in the Arena against level 13 birds.

Rovio_Hank
    @hank

Hey Flingers!

We’ve seen some confusion regarding the multipliers that we know we could have been better at explaining. This is something we need to work on for the next update, with better visualization of how the multipliers work.

To make it short:
    All your multipliers are added. Your bird level, your hat multiplier and your slingshot multiplier. The real confusion is when we type out that something will give you a x1 multiplier, which anyone familiar with math knows would do very little to your score, when it in fact does!

A quick example:
    You have a Red Bird at level 5.
    It’s wearing a Street Cap (x2 Multiplier).
    You don’t have any sets completed, so you have a wooden slingshot, no multiplier.
    The sum of this would be 5 + 2 + 0, so its score would be x7.

A late game example:
    You have a Red Bird at level 12.
    It’s wearing a Cowboy Hat (x3).
    You’ve completed 2 sets, so you have a Silver Slingshot, x2 Multiplier.
    The sum of this would be 12 + 3 + 2, so its score would be x17.

I hope this will clear up any confusion!
    Have fun getting those hats!
    /Hank

Anonymous

@hank what is the Blue slingshot? I am guessing Azure? And how does someone already have one (as per my post in the Arena thread page 44), as surely that would take a minimum of 3500 pearls, when in actual fact the most anyone could have is sub 600 pearls since the release of the update.

Edit: Hank answered in the original Arena thread.

Nevermind
    @deaftalk

So, effectiely, the x is a plus and not an x.

AngryBroaf
    @shoemacher

@hank

I’m still not getting it. Why would a x2 hat only give you a +1 and not a +2?

As far as constructive feedback goes, it would be really helpful if, when Rovio makes such significant changes to game play, that it include instructions and explanations of those changes in the corner of the map page, so people can reference it and figure out what the heck is going on and how to resume play. Thanks!

Rovio_Hank
    @hank

@shoemacher

Thank you for your feedback. I made a mistake which I will now edit. A x2 hat of course gives you a x2 bonus, not x1 as I wrote.

We are in the works of giving us a better way to give you guys live information about updates and events. With a bit of magic it will show in the next update. Thanks for the tip!

Take care!
    /Hank

ABeggerToo
    @abeggertoo

@hank any idea of whether the multipliers will continue to be added to the game or if there is some plan to eventually identify a ‘maximum?’ Part of my frustration with the game (and I assume others) is that the rules and parameters for play change so consistently it is like being on an escalator where we can never take a break wthout penalizing our status and we have no idea when we will reach the end. This has made an ‘inherently fun’ game externally create the demand for our attention – as opposed to a player-driven obsession.

Nevermind
    @deaftalk

@hank

I just bought a Cowboy Hat earlier and when I went back to play the game I no longer had it…how do I get those Black Pearls restored?

Wazzle
    @sharynstokes

How do I add the hats?

Fox Knoxx
    @fox-knoxx

WAZZLE

In Arena tap one of your birds

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

I think i will collect 3500 pearls and then upgrade all birds at once. I just afraid if i buy cowboy hat to just one bird (not enough pearls for more) i start getting opponents with all birds wearing cowboy hats in the arena.

ABeggerToo
    @abeggertoo

@sambeaver, I am still trying to determine if it is the hats or the slingshot? I just bought my 6th crown and maintain a wooden slingshot and rarely get matched against an unbeatable player. Even with my 11-12 level birds, those with all 13 level birds (with crowns, party hats, and street hats) are all easily beatable and all have wooden slingshots. I’ve maybe had to play an extra bird 5 times and buy extra birds twice in the last 50 games (all without a loss). Even when I play poorly, I seem to win in the end with the extra bird.

Out of about 20 plays in this week’s tournament (I had 50 tickets saved from last week) I have 175 stars, but am still 75 behind first place. Winning doesn’t seem to be a challenge in the Arena, it’s just a matter of finding the time (and tickets) to play. Even with my 50 saved tickets for extra plays I doubt I will be able to compete for top stop even though I was mysteriously demoted to the Vanilla League.

I would ‘guess’ it’s safe to buy the Cowboys hats one at a time, but unfortunately the penalty for a mistake may be high. Now that I have 6 crowns, I plan on buying a Cowboy Hat next, keeping one bird (blues) hatless.

tinostar11
    @tinostar11

The way I’m doing it , I’m buying the Complete set of Each Hat , one set at a time , to Upgrade my Slingshot.
    I rather have all birds have a bonus , then 1 or 2 birds with a bigger bonus.
    I’ve already completed my 1st set and currently have 2 of the Crowns ( we got Red’s Crown as a bonus a while ago )

Nevermind
    @deaftalk

Does anyone know if @hank has mentioned whether there will be more hats in the future?

Rovio_Hank
    @hank

@abeggertoo @deaftalk

We are going to add more cool hat sets in the upcoming updates! As it is a live game we are always planning on features that will stay for a longer while, so there’s no “end” planned for this new feature. However, we are looking into new ways for players to more quickly “catch up” to the later content, as it’s obvious the game today is much bigger than the one we had a year ago. This will show in the upcoming updates!

/Hank

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

@hank it would be really great if we could purchase black pearls for gems. Have Rovio thought about that? I’d gladly spent some real money to get hats I want rather then waiting couple months before I collect pearls from Arena and daily challenges.
    So far I have 750, I have crown for Red from some previous purchase and can’t decide what to purchase.

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

@all I have 750 pearls and crown for Red, now I need to decide which hats to purchase for my birds. I can buy all party hats and six crowns to complete 2 sets but thing is that I really dislike how crowns look and I really prefer street caps. Yeap, this might sound ultimately stupid but I really hate how crowns look like.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@hank
    Any mercy in the hat department of going from 100 black pearls to 500? Appears to be a vast jump that might takes a month or so just to obtain one hat.
    Also 30 black pearls for the daily challenge is extremely frugal…any chance on making it 100 black pearls?

Anonymous

@hank and or Rovio

* You should include Pearls in the random gem/duck/chilli chest that we get to open every 15-30 mins.
    * You should lower the hat requirement down from 500 to 200 or 300, especially if they plan on adding more hats with even higher requirements.
    * The 30 x pearls from the daily challenge need to be increased significantly so people don’t just have to win the arena in order to get a decent amount of pearls.
    * Players should have the option of trading gems for pearls (even if it is 2 gems for 1 pearl)
    * …and for those that like spending cash, there should also be an option to buy pearls directly.

Food for thought ;)

Rovio_Hank
    @hank

Hello!

Thank you for the feedback, always interesting to hear!

The Black Pearls are not available for purchase for a few reasons. We don’t want everything in the game to simply be bought off the bat as soon as it’s released, there’s no fun in that. If they would only buy cosmetic changes, it might have been more appropriate, but as it also affects multiplayer aspects of the game it would lead to some imbalance and could be seen as unfair. We want to award players for participating in the Daily Challenges and doing well in the Arena, because we simply think that’s more fun than giving it away to players who are willing to spend.

We might open this up later on when there are more hats, I don’t know, but for now there’s no plans for it.

The new hats will not exclusively be more expensive, they will also come in similar price ranges as there are today so don’t feel like you HAVE to spend on sets that are expensive if you don’t want it.

And who knows… maybe there will be a new place to earn Black Pearls in the next update…? ;)

Take care!
    /Hank

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

@hank maximum black pearls player can get per week is 510 at prices as are set now it should take 10 weeks to collect enough pearls to get all hats. It is almost impossible to win first place in Arena every week even if we have luck not to be on the same board with one or two cheaters, so Rovio practically discourage players with such high prices for hats in comparation with such low rewards. Therefore, you also might consider of giving pearls as rewards from chests and making it easer to earn them

Nevermind
    @deaftalk

@hank

How come you all cannot restore my black pearls? I purchased a cowboy hat and now I no longer have it…it’s hard to earn that many black pearls!

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Spending pearls to buy hats and upgrade slingshot

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.