Spending pearls to buy hats and upgrade slingshot

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Spending pearls to buy hats and upgrade slingshot

Viewing 23 replies - 101 through 123 (of 123 total)
  • Replies
  • Benjamin P Taylor
    @benjamin-p-taylor

Here is an example of the little gold ‘man’, hanging off a sort of fishing line as they do towards middle right of the picture?
    https://indianexpressonline.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/angry-birdss.jpg

Sealy
    @sealy

Oh, right! I couldn’t see it at first because he’s in plain sight! I’ve never noticed that it does anything. Thought it was a little lantern, but don’t really know.

Anonymous

It is a lantern ;)

Elrolo
    @elrolo

An older post, but I like to give my thoughts.

I had a wooden slingshot and 3 birds with a crown. The regular levels were “do-able” . The arena matches up with a player , equal total score (but some color slingshot). most of the time I win, as stated before. Sometimes I use gems to get extra birds, but I almost get a full streak.

I thought upgrading birds/slingshots would only affect the arena, but in my case it did not. I bought al the low level hats and crowns for the other birds. My goal was not to win the arena, but get an easier advance in the regular levels. My total score of birds went from 45 to 90!

results:
    – regular levels are very hard! The so called “hard levels” are often easier than the normal ones. Very strange as I doubled my bird score
    – Arena stays the same. most of the time I win, but the competitor has better overall rating AND the same slingshot. Still I often win.

I regret upgrading my slingshots for the regular game. I would prefer low level slingshot with high level birds. Now there are hats which cost 25000 perals. Excuuuuuuse me

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

I can’t acutally confirm, that the regular game get harder with high Level birds (btw, whether you upgrade birds or slingshot, it doesn’t have an effect on the birds, just the spells which are not affected by slingshot and hats). Which level are you on? I remember that around 500-600 I think, I had the most difficulties winning those Levels.
    But the Arena won’t change, there are more than enough Players with the same flock level.

25.000 Pearls hats: there are some hints how to get those without actually collecting 21x 25.000 Pearls.

PolarBearCabal
    @shea-harkness

I might be wrong, but it seems KPP has gotten easier with higher level birds. I used to never get to the end, now I can at least sometimes.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

I definitely agree – I Play with two accounts: on my iPad and on my iPhone. On my iPhone I’m done with all the game has to offer – DC and KPP are easy going most of the time. KPP on my iPad on the other hand is a pain in the a… I won it like 2-3 times and everytime I paid at least 60 gems or even more for completion.

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

I’m waiting for some Easter hats…

desperados
    @desperados

Finally collected 25000 pearls and got all the hats with new master silver slingshot and epic bronze lvl 51 birds phew took some months..

TL Westgate
    @tl-westgate

I don’t know why I play this game any more. The designers are terrible with these way out of reach amounts you have to get to.

Anyway, I gave up on hats a while back. So now I have 20,000 black pearls. I think a good strategy is to level up all the birds but one. That way you can play against others at a lower slingshot power but have some good birds.

How should I spend the black pearls?

All seven of my birds are either level 39 or 40 (I’m level 395).
    They’re all wearing Cowboy Hats (x3 – which is really +3 [moron programmers]).

I can buy the other x3 hats (Easter and Work @ 500bp each) for each bird which would total 7,000 black pearls leaving me with 13,000 left.

I could then buy every bird a Pirate Hat and be left with 6,000.

Which means I could then buy 6 birds a Knight Hat. This would up my slingshot 3 more levels.

Or should I hold off and get to 25,000 black pearls and update only 1 bird to a Fancy Hat?

ABeggerToo
    @abeggertoo

@tl-westgate I have always tried to avoid full hat sets to keep the slingshot as low as possible. The tower of power put an end to that with so many hats won. Now I believe you would get more bang for your buck upping the slingshot by getting sets of hats rather than one bird +1. The updates for new levels just seem to make this game endless and pointless. No matter how well you do, the bar gets raised in the next update. I play bare minimum (haven’t played a level in 6 months), just getting the daily gifts and have been replaying levels in AB and Seasons instead.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

I still curse that day when i decided to buy hats. Game was best when i had wooden sling. I wish there was way to throw all hats away and play again with wooden sling. Yes i know the way how to do it (des- and reinstall the game) but i don’t want to loose my progress with map levels.

CBB
    @cbb20

Justwanted to ask, in the new feats section it’s saying I have 13 out 15 hat sets when I have 16 and it won’t update or give me the 10000 feathers?

ryan-kochie
    @ryan-kochie

That is a known issue which I believe will be fixed in the next update regarding slingshots.

dalyplayer
    @dalyplayer

So I’m almost at 25000 pearls and was ready to by a 10x hat. Is it better to upgrade slingshot. I’m silver already?

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

Hat set is definitely the best.

Piginator
    @grant07740

Can someone please help me figure out how to spend pearls? I went to the arena and clicked on my name, but i cannot see how to actually spend my pearls

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

@grant07740 You click/tap on one of your birds on the main screen and there you see all the hats you own and don’t own – there you can buy the hats. If you tap on the “i” button in the upper right corner of every hat you can see how many of this particular set you already own. Prioritize the sets you already have some hats of.

Piginator
    @grant07740

Thanks for the reply. When I look at my birds in the main screen, the only thing I can do is go to the Tower to try and win hats. I’m trying to figure out how to use my black pearls to purchase some

ryan-kochie
    @ryan-kochie

Click on the bird itself to change what hats they are wearing and purchase other hats.

Piginator
    @grant07740

I tried that. I read that you can spend black pearls to purchase hats but I can’t seem to find a way to do that

AngrySmurf
    @angrysmurf

it’s like the others say – main screen, your level your gems your pearls on the left; regular play, daily challenge, arena, and clan icons on the right; daily quests, treasures, TOF, MEB icons on the bottom; your birds and slingshot in the middle – selecting any of the birds shows you different hats, select a hat you don’t have for upgrading. It’s possible that you are not far enough into the game to purchase upgrades at this time, you’ll have to play more and progress. If not, then your game is screwed up and you may need to reinstall. Save to facebook or google play to backup beforehand. Good luck

Piginator
    @grant07740

Thanks for the reply. On my main screen it shows me at 220 next to my name. My birds range from level 28 to 38. When I click on a bird like you say, the only option it gives me is to go to the TOF, no option to use any of my pearls.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Spending pearls to buy hats and upgrade slingshot

Viewing 23 replies - 101 through 123 (of 123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.