Spending pearls to buy hats and upgrade slingshot

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Spending pearls to buy hats and upgrade slingshot

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 123 total)
  • Replies
  • MG516
    @mg516

@hank
    I have a quick question about the hats. All my birds have crowns right now. If and when I accumulate 500 pearls and buy one of the 500 pearl hats, will I have two hats or does the 500 pearl hat replace the 200 pearl hat? If it replaces the 200 pearl hat, has thought been given to reimbursing the 200 pearls or maybe only charging 300 additional pearls for the new hat? Regards and thank you for taking the time to answer our questions on the different forums. I for one appreciate it.

ABeggerToo
    @abeggertoo

Thanks for the information regarding the plans to expand the hats @hank. Although I know you are definitely not the ‘help line,’ any response to my posts regarding my demotion to the Vanilla League and the lack of response from Rovio support to my initial formal question submitted 10 days ago?

Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

Just realised you can buy hats as required by tapping on the chosen bird in the ‘nest’ in the Arena so annoyed I didn’t do this sooner!

TheRedBird
    @redbird-justin

@hank theres a issue in arena.Recently,I was suddenly demoted from diamond to vanilla league.However,the issue is solved,with a rovio request that gave me a 240 gem compensation. However,theres a problem.I am combating players that come from different leagues and keep stealing my spots.The people usually get around 300+ stars at the end of the week,and it exists even in vanilla league.

Max
    @peany

How can someone have a gold slingshot if they have no party hats?

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

@peany They have all of the rest of the hats!

Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

The explanation of hats and slingshots was a bit sparse when first introduced and I, and possibly others, might have assumed you’d get the bronze with the party hats and silver with the more expensive crowns or street hats, when it actually doesn’t matter which set of hats you buy. Bought the complete set of party hats, following the crowns to upgrade to silver, while retaining the crowns for play.

This is an updated version of an earlier query to Hank as my questions have been resolved – thanks to fellow forum contributors!

Anonymous

@djangosmum I have the first 3 sets complete, as best I can tell the 1st set gave me bronze, the second silver, and the third set I finished off today and that gained me gold.

I don’t think it is possible to go straight to azure just by buying the expensive set, as if you did that I imagine it would still only give you bronze (although maybe someone from Rovio confirm or deny).

As to getting the expensive set, I currently don’t have any sorry. At the rate I have been gaining pearls (300 per week in arena, plus 30×7 daily challenges so 510 per week) I imagine I have at least another 2 months before they are even within reality due to the stupid pricing of them and the limited amount of pearls we get. But once I get that set, I assume because I have 3 other sets I will get the azure slingshot.

Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

@chucky-2 – thanks for your reply and well done getting your gold slingshot! Did you start with the party hats, then buy the crown set and street hats? I might have started with the cheaper party hats to get the bronze slingshot if I’d realised, but went for the crowns as I had one for Red already. If I don’t want to downgrade the multiplier will only get the gold slingshot now with the cowboy hats which will take a while…..

Still don’t understand why some players have an upgraded slingshot but no hats showing on their birds as surely you can’t have one without the other.

Anonymous

Thanks @djangosmum I was pretty proud of getting the gold slingshot, as I hadn’t seen one until I gained it….now all of the sudden everyone I play has one :/ so not sure what is happening there.

Yes I went from Left to Right (i.e. Complete all party, then complete all crowns, then complete all street hats), my goal is to get the expensive set as well, but that is 2 months of grinding the arena just to finish first each week, and I am not sure I can keep that up.

Honestly why Rovio thought a 3500 pearl set was realistic for the average Joe, when the most you can get is 510 per week (and that assumes you win the arena and get all daily challenges) is beyond me.

I honestly think at a bare minimum they need to include pearls, even if it is 3 pearls with 3 gems in the 15/30 minute chest that we get to open….alas, based on an earlier reply, I doubt they are going to do that.

Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

Hello again @chucky-2 – thanks again for the information at there is precious little elsewhere! When you have multiple sets of hats which shows up on your birds – the most recent? I agree that the 3500 pearl set is ridiculous and you only get +3 rather than +2 for the extra expense and to get the azure slingshot, which incredibly someone in my Arena league this week already has! ( but no actual hats)

Doing the maths, if I buy the party hats as a complete set next, that will give me the silver slingshot (+2) to compensate for the birds downgrading to only +1 so I’ll be no worse off while collecting the street hats for the gold slingshot. Perhaps Rovio will suddenly start showering us with pearls in the next update as everyone realises the reality of how long it takes to reach azure legitimately – you never know!

Anonymous

The hat you select shows up. You go into the screen where you purchase the hats and you can select or deselect them there. However it is funny, as most of my birds have all 3 hats selected, yet Terrence shows as only 1 of them being selected (just selection not the actual hats on birds).

Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

@chucky-2 – sorry me again! What you said about deselecting hats means I could buy the complete set of party hats to get the silver slingshot, then deselect the party hats in favour of the crowns, so get the benefit of both albeit buying the hats in the reverse order. You are a mine of information – thanks again.

Anonymous

Sorry, I am not sure I follow what you are asking :(

When you select the crown for one bird it will automatically deselect the party hat for that bird and change it to the crown. The other birds will still have party hats, unless you select the crowns for those birds as well….

Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

It wasn’t really a question, just speculating that I can buy all the party hats to get the silver slingshot then switch the hats back to crowns for the higher multiplier – I wouldn’t have known if you hadn’t explained you could deselect hats.

Anonymous

Ahh okay, yeah you will have no issue changing to and fro :)

ABeggerToo
    @abeggertoo

Thanks for the clarification @chucky-2. I was wondering whether it makes sense to buy the party hats (and street hats) after I bought crowns for all birds. After being mistakenly demoted to the Vanilla League, it will be at lest a month before I can earn 500 gems for a single cowboy hat. Might as well buy some of the cheaper varieties.

Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

Following my slingshot upgrade to silver, and seeing the way it looks more of a pretty pale blue or azure even, I belatedly realise I thought I was seeing players with the azure slingshot which were in fact silver and getting quite agitated that they could have them so soon without cheating. Well now I know!

mad4paok
    @mad4paok

I have the silver slingshot (+2) with the full set of crowns. Why should I buy the street caps set that gives you +2 too, just to get a gold slingshot (????), and not gather pearls to get the cowboy hat set? I mean is there any difference between the silver and the gold slingshot (apart from the colour)?
    The 3500 mark to get the cowboy hat set is ridiculous with the current state of the game. I can never win in the arena (nice update it was the last one!), the best I got so far was a 9th place with 10 pearls. It’s 1 day and a half in the new arena and the 1st player has already 650 points which I find nearly impossible! (I don’t imply that he is a cheater). I say this because I can only get pearls from the daily challenge meaning 210/week, so getting to 3500 margin, well do the math….
    I find correct what someone wrote that they should increase the pearls you get in the daily challenge, or put them in the treasures too and of course decrease the 3500 margin..

Anonymous

@mad4paok The Gold Slingshot has a multiplier of 3.

You might be best reading Rovio Hanks post on page 1.

mad4paok
    @mad4paok

Thanks for the answer! To get it straight. You buy the whole street cap set you get the gold slingshot giving you a x3 but each bird gives you x2 right? (because it’s stated that street caps give u x2). If you get the cowboy set each bird gives you x3 and you get what? The azure slingshot giving you what multiplier? x3 or x4? Am I getting this right or I am guessing wrong? I read hank’s post I understood some things but some confusion remains…

Anonymous

All I can do is try to explain it like Hank did….

Completed sets have a multiplier for the slingshot…so 1 set is a x1, 2 sets is a x2, 3 sets is a x3 and I can only assume 4 sets = x4 multiplier for your slingshot

You have the bird level = current maximum for that level is 14

You also have the Hat multiplier.

So bird level + hat level + slingshot level (completed hat sets) = ?

A late game example:
    You have a Red Bird at level 12.
    It’s wearing a Cowboy Hat (x3).
    You’ve completed 2 sets, so you have a Silver Slingshot, x2 Multiplier.
    The sum of this would be 12 + 3 + 2, so its score would be x17.

mad4paok
    @mad4paok

@chucky-2 Got it! Thanks again! I may add that I liked your proposals concerning the pearls and I do hope that Rovio take them into serious consideration!

Anonymous

Cheers @mad4paok I hope they take those suggestions seriously as well….only time will tell.

Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

I keep seeing opponents in Arena battles with an upgraded slingshot, silver to match up with mine – so why when they must have bought 2 complete sets of hats to get it, are they missing hats from their birds?

Why would a legitimate player not display the full set to take advantage of the multiplier? Especially as it is a laborious task accumulating pearls to buy them in the first place.

Also, with silver, why would their birds wear party hats rather than crowns or street hats when you get a higher multiplier with the latter?

I’ve only just returned to the Arena after being put off by various issues in the past and without a reasonable explanation not sure I want to continue.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Spending pearls to buy hats and upgrade slingshot

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.