Spark Run!

Viewing 25 replies - 951 through 975 (of 1,074 total)
  • Replies
  • JoeBlack
    @craftymitts

why dont the comments begin with the newest one…good grief…what a cluster ‘feck’ all of this is…

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@exientgreg A crash on the run allows you to redo the attempt, but you still have to pay for the new attempt. My run crashed on the transformer icon before the run even started, but I had to pay pigs again to do the run. If you’re able to differentiate between a legitimate crash and a force close, can it be coded to not collect payment again?

Pinokio
    @papakarlo

In contrast of Challenge run, Spark run is very stable for my device. I got only one Spark run crash after renew. And I ready to pay 3k pigs or 300k coins every month for such rare crashes, because fixing those rare crashes can bring new bugs. Like was with Challenge run. So, imo, DON’T TOUCH IT! :) I like new Spark run.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

L387 requires 1,900,100. @grimlockdown, that tracking with your model?

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

@millforce2k I currently use 9.1424*level²+1264.2*level+41635 and the result is 1,900,100!

The model should be valid in the range 300–399. I’m currently at level 367 and the model has been off by ±100 four times. The prediction for level 399 is 2,001,500.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@grimlockdown You’re model’s spot on!! We’ll see how close you are on Monday and beyond. :)

Getting more than 3M will take a while, even with promoted bots.

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

@millforce2k On Monday you’ll need 2.890 pigs for level 399. Level 400 will cost 2.895 pigs.

Pinokio
    @papakarlo

They add new TF’s/squads faster and faster. Now events with brand new squads is very often. So we will have very long Spark runs soon. And I doubt, if it can be done at 500lvl during new squad event, even with 3 slots unlocked. I afraid will be many “free” retryes, wich will eat alot of time. Or we will play lower lvls during new squad event week.

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

My two runs today had combined goal of 3.5 million points, approximately level 500 goal. It took about 15 stages and Mirage survived – barely – these back to back runs. But my promotion was 1,680% and that’s 2.5 times more than the scenario @papakarlo presented, i.e. first bot of a new squad event. So, a level 500 spark run with no bonus squad members should be possible in theory.

moi
    @moifirst

@grimlockdown
    That’s very nice work you’ve done by resolving the formula for determining the amount of sparks (or pigs (multiplied by 100))  points for each level as shown one and a half day ago in this topic!
    However the quadratic component in it causes some severe worry for the higher levels.

Pinokio
    @papakarlo

@grimlockdown do you recharge Mirage’s health between runs?

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

@papakarlo No recharge as I wanted to test how long Mirage survives.

It seems that either yesterday was easy or there was something odd with boosted Mirage today (as you reported elsewhere). I think you are right and there was some problem with the boost.

Today I used two Sideswipes and one Mirage (no recharge between runs) and still at the end of the second run needed Red Alert.

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

@moifirst There will be a new (quadratic) formula for point goal from level 400 onwards. The formulas for sparks, coins and pigs are linear.

For sparks: 10*level
    For coins: 724.64*level truncated (down) to nearest hundred
    For pigs: 7.2464*level+0.49 truncated to nearest five or ten

Pinokio
    @papakarlo

@grimlockdown I removed my report about Mirage, becauce after 2nd Spark run and more close testing, looks like all OK. It’s because of boost, and specificity of his weapon. To activate explosion, his bubble need to be absorbed by target, which also get some initial damage, depending of accessories. Today “boost” increased this initial dmg also, and bubble just destroy one or few blocks  and fly further, without explosion.

I need to recharge him between runs, despite of high overpower level and all accs maxed. Maybe because I play not so concentrated, as was with previous Spark run, when we need to dostroy all available targets, even fishing rods, wood baskets etc. And I try not to start 2nd Spark run with half life TF’s. Once they was all died, and I need to start over again. With everyday increasing points goal, those cases will happend again more and more. I agree, 500lvl Spark run with no bonus squad members will be posible for us, who have good OP Mirage, maxed accs. But what about other players, or new ones? Many of them use Superion as Spark runner.

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

@papakarlo I want to test various bots on how long they last in Spark run in anticipation of levels 400+ or no bonus squad bots.

There are variations on difficulty and number of targets in different days – also one’s concentration varies. Mirage surviving two back to back runs was probably more of a lucky run than it can be done daily.

At levels 400+ one will need bots that are fast shooters and preferably have EMP. Either or both are needed for flying pigs which are the most dangerous. Then the bots should clear most or all targets and be fast. My candidates are Blaster, Nautica, Mirage, Hound and Superion. There are others e.g. Energon Starscream or Slipstream but I haven’t tested them (properly).

FortressMaximus
    @fortressmaximus

Energon starscream is my go-to for spark run now.  He is fast, shoots constantly,  and is recharged throughout the run by energon.  With the level 3 crown his defense is sufficient enough that I haven’t had him die yet, and with level 3 explosive rounds and level 3 launchers  he can destroy virtually everything.

Pinokio
    @papakarlo

I hope, I’ll never use Superion for Spark run, besides during Combiners week.

ABT
    @abt

@grimlockdown

Your estimates were spot on…

L399 – 2,001,500 points

L400 – 2,010,100 points (+8600)

With more data points, we can see if the polynomial fit changes.

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

@abt The change should be obvious tomorrow or Thursday.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@abt @grimlockdown

L401 2,110,400 (+100,300!!!!)
    L402 2,119,400 (+9,000)

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

@millforce2k @abt It’s time for a new model. I need at least 3 data points but for a more solid model lets say 10 data points.

Actually, new data is needed until daily delta is something else than 9000, 9100 or 9200. If daily delta changes about every fifth or sixth day then the point goal at level 500 will be 3,1 million.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@grimlockdown Looks like it may be going up a bit quicker

403: 2,128,400 points (+9,000)
    404: 2,137,500 points (+9,100)

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

405: 2,146,500 points (+9,000)
    406: 2,155,600 points (+9,100)

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

It is going to be a looooooooooooooong week. I just made a run (level 382) with 6.30 promotion and it took like a Challenge run forever – or something like 15 stages.

And this was with Nautica who is fast. On the positive side she almost survived. Based on this my guesstimate is that she will survive a level 500 run when I have promoted bonus squad TFs and thus a proper promotion, like 1400% (which is about 2 times 630%; the point goal for level 382 is 1.86M and my best guess for level 500 is 3.17M which is less than 2 times 1.86M).

I also have a rough estimate for the stages needed to complete a run. The formula is point_goal_for_level / promotion / 200 (the promotion is without %–sign), e.g. 3,170,000/630/200=26 (when rounded up) or 3,170,000/1,400/200=12.

Pinokio
    @papakarlo

I played 2 runs at 406 lvl with Nautica, Blaster and Mirage, one of the fastest good TF’s, and almost lost at first run. So I was even turned off my TV, wich I usually see during playing ABTF lol, and wich is lowering my game concentration. So, first 2 TF’s dead and Mirage was almost dead. Without TV next run : Nautica dead, Blaster almost dead. And 25min for each run!!! So I decided to promote Volcanicus. But playing event by him is a real pain. Very bad, slow and weak TF.

I feel sorry for all those players, who didn’t unlocked 3rd Spark run slot or 2nd and using Superion or other Combiner for Spark run. Hold on guys, it’s just a 1 week!

Viewing 25 replies - 951 through 975 (of 1,074 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.