Some questions on game mechanics

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Some questions on game mechanics

• Just a few things I’ve been wondering about.

1) Does anyone know whether the sequence of bird-backs and where in the deck the card fits is predetermined for all levels? And what that sequence is? Obviously, if I fill the destructometer with bird1 then I will get bird1 back. But has anyone worked out the full sequence yet?

2) On KP levels, where you cannot earn spells, when your first bird blows up the whole of room 1, the destructometer often fills twice. For that second one, you obviously don’t get a bird back. Does it reward you in some other way (e.g. the next destructometer amount is only plus “step 2” rather than “step 3” increment)? Or is it actually best to quickly biff a weak bird when you see it happening?

3) Is there actually any game play advantage of having higher levels? I’m asking because I stopped buying hats a while back and am just banking my BPs. My rationale is: I haven’t noticed any levels being “easier” with higher level birds; in the Arena, it means my spell cards will be higher levels than most opponents; at my current flock power (350-360) I tend to get Arena opponents around that level, and I’ve heard at high flock powers there’s more chances of getting someone +60 more.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Replies
  • cognitive
    @cognitive

I am at 360 and started getting +10 to +60 the moment I went over 350…

The rare occasions I get -10 to +0 they’re playing like they’re about to win Powerball, like 20-25M from no spells.

RIP Piggies
    @rippiggies

Cognitive – I often have problems with those up to 30 lower, because these selected opponents are inevitably the ones that ace the level. I’ve got my share of “surprise” lucky strikes where I (say) fling blues at some high balloons, and pretty soon with tramps or flowers some TNT blows up and hey presto :)! But I cannot do that consistently. The lower flock power opponents I get are typically where someone’s had a run like that. I’ve seen flock power 314 get 26 million on levels where I average 18-22 without spells.

Vogel Birdson
    @stevey

“Or is it actually best to quickly biff a weak bird when you see it happening?”

This is what I do when I have the chance :-)

If I can get through the first or second KP stages with a full flock I always feel better for the rest of it. I always feel like I’ve turned, for example a 4-level room into a 3-level room for myself.

Whenever I see my first bird filling up the meter and I have the time, I’ll chuck another bird through to finish the level, but oftentimes I’m not quick enough and end up with a bird less. If it works though, then I get to the second stage/level with a full flock again.

Jon S
    @jon3800

@rippiggies

1)  I can’t really determine the sequence due to the game’s randomness.  In some cases, my bird-backs when I fill the meter can be either be spells or birds that I have caused the most damage with. Let’s say if Terrence does 200,000 pts and Blues get 2 million, I will often get the Blues back.  Sometimes they might appear the very back of the deck and some cases you can fling one bird and you will see them.

2) On boss levels, if you have a full flock and get a filled destruct-o-meter, they will NOT reward you in anyway. Yes, in a case like that, I would use a weak bird.  The only time they’ll reward you is with Golden pigs and that’s only if you end up retrying the level over again using lives.

3) The advantages you really get from a higher level/flock power are:  spells and birds can rack up more points since the multiplier is higher so if you’re a masochistic like me, you can score very high in the arena  (my top score is 71 million) and can compete with your friends high score in the trail levels  .  Due to this, you can fill your destructo meter much faster.  It does NOT make arena’s easier as you will always face someone equal or better than you.  I’m maxed out a flock power 560 (birds at level 80) and it’s the ones with the flock power like 40-50 below me that give me the most challenge.

Just note that hats will only boost up your bird strength and your slingshot.  It was no effect on your spell cards because spell cards reflect the base level card (as if you have no hats and using the regular wooden slingshot).  My spells are at level 45 since Mythic Silver base is 45.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Some questions on game mechanics

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.