Small clan being denied battles

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Small clan being denied battles

• I have played this game in brief spurts since it came out. About a year ago I set up a clan when I decided to buy the daily gem letters and try to complete the daily quests. After that month I quit the game again. I restarted about a month and a half ago and decided to give it a more serious try. I went into the clan and was shocked to find it had 50 members. In the first clan battle only 2 people played ( myself + 1). So, I figured out how clans worked and kicked off 40 players that were showing they had not entered the clan for either 59 days or “greater than 30 days”. With 10 players we were matched with the same clan each battle. Only the one player answer in the chat. So I kicked 4 more leaving six and promoted the other player so he could still use it if I abandoned it. We got a variety of opponents all of the type where there are a couple of high FP and the rest really low while my six are more average. So, we always lose but don’t really care because the two of us who play are still in the top 4 or 5 and get some black pearls and completed daily quests.

The last battle I did not get notice of it. When I went in and saw the egg and tapped it l was told the battle had already started and I didn’t enter (true).

I put in a help request.

Since then I have been checking frequently and there have two challenges. Yesterday on one check the egg was there, I tapped it and received the entry screen, entered, and left thinking problem solved and did not check again and did not think to get a screenshot. This morning I go in to “play a clan event” and the CvC egg is gone and a third challenge is in its place.

I have read a lot of the clan invites and do not want to get into that. Partly because of the spending requirements but mostly because one is required to be sociable as well and as a low FP I am guaranteed to be encouraged (I am way too old to need or want that). And, as an elderly person I cannot guarantee that I could always play, or give notice when I can’t, or “politely leave the clan in advance of knowing I can’t play so I don’t mess things up”. My one person that plays is not chatty either.

I have not recruited to replace the 4 non players and don’t know if I ever will, but the battles are a bit fun and I hope Rovio has not cut me off from them forever.

Thanks for reading, just needed to vent I guess.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replies
    @nas76

Fair enough.  When I first started playing I didn’t enter a clan until about a month of doing so, the first clan I joined was a waste of space as the leader/co-leaders were inactive and didn’t enter battles, so I left after a week.

The second clan I entered had one non-communicating leader and no co-leaders.  In normal events we wouldn’t get more than 20 points and only half the clan played battles, after a number of losses I quit them after nearly 3 months.  But by then I had been playing for 4 months and got a flock power of 350 odd (this was before hatchlings and extra birds) and I’d completed all x1, x2 and most x3 hat sets (there were a lot fewer then).  That gave me a springboard to join a then growing clan which after 15 months I am still proudly a member of.

It is annoying but if I were you I would clan hop until you found something reasonable suitable that will allow you to grow faster.

grammyK
    @grammyk

@nas76, thanks for the input. I also appreciated your comments about watching videos in another thread.

Photokool
    @photokool

@grammyK, sorry you haven’t had a good clan experience. We have a strong clan that does not require a minimum flock power to play — just put in the effort to play and communicate if not available. We just won our 96th CvC battle. If you find a good clan, it makes a big difference. We have a couple of openings now. Our clan is “We’re Old Gregg,” Clan #68881.

grammyK
    @grammyk

@photokool , thanks, I will come over today and give a real clan a try.

Photokool
    @photokool

We are glad to have players who are willing to play regularly – regardless of flock power.

grammyK
    @grammyk

Only lasted a couple weeks in a minimums clan.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Small clan being denied battles

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.