Mission Portals

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Mission Portals

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 173 total)
  • Replies
  • Nothing
    @autobird

@optimuspig Look, rescue mission for Airachnid(yes, that is the correct way to spell it @partshade)!! So it seems random whenever rescue missions pop up…

Already??

@partshade We both got a rescue mission at the same time?! Hm…

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Apologies again for calling it “secret missions”. Misread “Special Mission” in the Achievements list.

But I must admit, “secret mission” sounds a lot cooler …..

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@autobird

Yeah, I realize it’s random, but if you look at the bottom of the screen it says “Refresh Missions” at a cost of five gems.

So it seems to me that if you spend 5 gems, you can load a totally new set of three missions, and keep on doing so over and over again until you load a mission you like (such as an Arcee rescue).

Kind of like how you can spend 100 coins over and over again to cycle through buddies to use on your node runs.

Anonymous

@optimuspig Well all I know is I did it once and kept the slot so its permanent for me at least. I don’t understand why it wouldn’t be for everyone else.

Nothing
    @autobird

@partshade that is strange…

Anonymous

@autobird Great that means we can be the first ones to unlock and show her off :D.

Nothing
    @autobird

If we can luckily get her for our reward @partshade. But there’s always gems(as usual)!

zwizdan007
    @zwizdan007

Agree with @partshade on this one

“Also what are you guys talking about having to unlock the buddy slot every time? I did a couple missions with 2 buddies on the same portal and only unlocked it once.”

I also unlocked buddy slot on 3k portal, and it seems permanent… If someone can confirm this on 20k and 50k portals…

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Can anyone think of a good reason to continue doing the missions after your silo has reached maximum storage capacity for the special mats?

(I’ve already upgraded the silo to L15, so it can now hold a maximum of 15 of each type of mineral, 15 of each type of mechanical part, and 12 of each type of microchip, as well as 5 Super Rareiums).

If you earn more special materials than your silo can hold, presumably you’ll lose the extras.

And assigning it to a mission prevents the TF on that mission from doing a normal level until the mission is completed.

On the other hand, missions are free to do (I think??) so it doesn’t really cost you anything except for the amount of time that the TF on that mission is unavailable to play a regular level.

Plus you might earn other rewards like coins or pigs.

Thoughts?

Sumit Arora
    @sumitarora15

rovio played a smart move over here you must be thinking why so here’s the reason..
    Everyone was bragging about the max level they have reached and was thinking the new update will have 2 transformers hence 20 more levels so it would be a piece of cake but it was worse..
    Instead of adding more transformers rovio increased the level of the available transformers hence made us busy with that with no new maps…
    Coins was easy to come by so they added the gears option hence slowing down our pace..
    Pigs were brought in use to lessen the time..
    So if you sum up all players without playing can collect coins which is around 15000 per 4 hours so in total 60000/75000/90000 coins a day and with portals they can collect gears but at the same time lessening the time with pigs so once you are down with the pigs you will have to play to collect pigs .. So it is a chain of cycle one linked related to other!!

If rovio remove the gears option then it will be quite motivating to carry on with the game but it’s hardly 24 hours with the update and I am losing the interest in the game..

Seems like I have to get back to games like Infinity Blade 3, Fieldrunners 2, Plants vs Zombies 2, Candy Crush, Assassins Creed Pirates!!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@sumitarora15

My take on it is that Rovio is trying to find additional ways to monetize the game.

For the people who are impatient to wait for enough missions to complete to collect the special materials, the cost to upgrade using gems instead of special materials is just low enough now to seriously consider doing (even I’ve thought about plunking down a few $$$ for some gems, and I’m a cheap-o b@stard!).

In particular the “Super Rareium” is extremely hard to get, and you need one of those to upgrade a TF from L10 to L11 and I’m willing to bet that you’ll need even more at higher levels! So there’s another place you can spend gems on.

You’ll also notice that the cost to “Instant Upgrade” using gems has dropped dramatically. For example it used to cost 3,000 gems instantly take High Octane Bumblebee from L9 to L10, whereas now it only costs 1,000 gems. Similarly, using the same example, if you used coins and mats to start the upgrade, you can then spend 100 gems to instantly finish it, whereas before the v1.5.15 update it would cost something like 500 gems to do that.

These are just a few examples off the top of my head, but there are lots of other ways to spend gems.

So basically Rovio now is making it easier for players to convince themselves to spend gems because it costs fewer of them to do stuff and there are lots more ways to spend them, so more players might actually pay cash to buy a bucket of them or whatever.

Sumit Arora
    @sumitarora15

monetizing the Game is the first criteria of each and every game but minority of the people indulge in it while majority players dont and I am being one of them!!

A total rip off is I have spent days on upgrading my transformer from level 9 to 10 but now other players have to spent half of that time with less coins!!
    Now when I have to upgrade level 14 to 15 I have to spent the same time so its like doing it all over again for most of the transformers…

Hence those players who have less rank are in for a treat!!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@sumitarora15

I personally know a producer at one of the big game companies, and according to him approximately 90% of the revenue on free-to-play game apps comes from 20% of the player base.

The trick is to encourage even a small number of the other 80% of players to make even one purchase, and you’re laughing all the way to the bank. And Rovio is definitely heading towards that with ABT by reducing the number of gems needed for upgrades, increasing the number of things you can spend those gems on, and making it just difficult (or slow) enough to progress without using gems, to encourage players to buy them.

Jasonred79
    @jasonred79

Tips for secret mission:

1. Yes, DO match the symbols of the mission with the robot you send on mission! This will give more success points. A LOT more.

2. If you get a mission which offers Arceo or arachnid as a prize, send 3 robots on it, all witht the correct symbol, and remember to watch the video, with luck you should get to open 5 boxes!

3. If you still failed to pick the box with Arceo inside… Spend gems to open another box!

Sumit Arora
    @sumitarora15

So My silo is full except Super Rareium hence I checked all the Missions in the Mission Portal which costed 3000 coins to open and it wasn’t dere so in anticipation to find Super Rareium in them I used 5 gems to refresh the mission and BOOM a Special Mission came up.. Finding that an opportunity I used the gems to open up both the buddy slots which costed 5 and 100 gems to increase my chances of getting Arcee and now Fingers Crossed

Note: Buddy slots are permanently opened when gems are used!!

Arcee

Arcee

Arcee

Anonymous

@optimuspig There are plenty of good reasons to do missions when your silo is full. Here’s an example! When my hard mission finished today I opened 2 boxes. One had 24000 coins and the other had 20 gems. If you do open buddy slots with gems you’ll get your money back quick.

DawniJeann
    @dawni-criswell

Yippee~!~ (earned 3 keys & got her on the last pick)

IMG_1763.PNG

Jasonred79
    @jasonred79

Daw imean, well if you didn’t get Arceo on 3rd box, it was only 20 gems to open the 4th box,… Just a reminder for anyone who gets an Arceo mission!

I got Arceo as well, sent in 3 robots.
    I can confirm that unlocking 2nd and 3rd slots for secret missions is permanent, so DO IT… it really makes a difference!!!
    Make sure you send all 3 bots of the correct class… Not sure if sending all autobird/ deceptihogs makes a difference though.

All in all, not hard to farm materials if you do some planning and know how the system works… :). Here I come super rarium!!! (And hopefully arachnid soon)

Nothing
    @autobird

@partshade Yes I did!! I had 2 keys, but I didn’t get Stella the first two gifts, had to use 20 gems for a third. Guess who the third was?? ;) Check my abulum for proof! Reason why I didn’t post pics here is because there is a lot!

@jasonred79
    How come some people say that buddy slots are NOT permanent?? I am so confused right now… 0_0

Nothing
    @autobird

But I will show a “teaser” @partshade ;)

Training run
    Airachnid on her morning jog at the beach XD

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I managed to get an Arcee as well!

I was cheap, so I only opened up the second TF slot for 5 gems, but that plus matching the little symbols when selecting the TFs on the mission, plus watching the video was enough to get me four out of the five keys.

Triplem
    @triplem

2. each of the missions has a different duration to complete (which can be reduced by as much as 50% by spending pigs)

Ahhh, ok. Thank you that. I was wondering what use there was for pigs now that I have all transformers unlocked.

P.S: I too unlocked Arcee tonight, she’s a pretty good character, and should be even better with a few upgrades.

gradientturtle7
    @gradientturtle7

The unlock on the extra missions slots is permanent.
    There are three mission portals in total: easy, medium and hard. They unlock as you unlock the island.
    You can take up to three transformers on each mission, but you have to unlock the second and third slots on each mission portal to do that.
    Your chance of success is based on the number of transformers you take and their upgrade level. So one level 9 transformer is about the same as three level 3 transformers, roughly.
    Also, each mission is biased toward a certain type of transformer – one of three types (match the icon to the character’s icon).
    Success only really determines how many prizes you can win, but yes it’s luck on what you actually get. So you may only warn one prize and get just what you want. Or you may earn four out of five prizes and unfortunately miss the one you want.
    Hope that helps!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Mission Portals

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 173 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.