Mission Portals

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Mission Portals

• OK, I think I have this figured out now:

1. you can select any one of three missions available per secret mission node

2. each of the missions has a different duration to complete (which can be reduced by as much as 50% by spending pigs)

3. each mission displays the five potential rewards available but some of them may be a wildcard (for example, it may show: Birdium / Super Rareium / Autocog / ? / ? ). However you’re not guaranteed which one(s) you’ll actually receive upon successful completion (see below).

4. when the mission time runs to zero, there is a “success” bar (my words, not Rovios’ – not sure what it’s really called) at the bottom of the screen, and based on the amount of success (which can be increased by watching a video, naturally) you can earn anywhere from one to five keys to unlock the rewards mentioned above. But the rewards are all hidden inside gift boxes, so it’s a crapshoot which one(s) you’ll actually unlock with the keys you’ve earned. So the more keys you have, the better chance you have of unlocking the gift boxes you want.

My assumption (but I haven’t tried this yet) is that the more TFs you have participating on a given mission, the higher your success bar will be, and the more keys you’ll get. But you need to unlock an additional slot to do so.

Also, it looks like it costs 200 gems to unlock an additional TF slot (at least it does in the node I’m currently looking at, the one on the right side of the Island) – but I have no idea if this is a permanent unlock, or if it only unlocks the slot for the one mission. Would be good if someone who knows the answer to this can clarify?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 173 total)
  • Replies
  • Nothing
    @autobird

200 gems?? I’m confused, could you make your question clearer?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

When you run a secret mission, you have to choose which TF to use.

However you can only select one TF unless you unlock an additional slot.

You can unlock the second slot by spending 200 gems. (I have no idea how much it would cost to unlock the third slot, but I’m guessing it would probably be more).

If you go into the secret missions, you’ll know what I mean.

So what I’m trying to find out is whether spending 200 gems to unlock that second TF slot will unlock the slot forever, or if you need to unlock it again every time you do another secret mission?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Looks like the secret mission node to the top left requires 100 gems to unlock the second TF slot.

Sumit Arora
    @sumitarora15

Easy Mission Portal costs 3000 coins needs 5 gems for first slot and 100 gems for second slot!!
    Medium Mission Portal costs 20000 coins needs 100 gems for first slot and 200 gems for second slot!!
    Hard Mission Portal costs 50000 coins needs 200 gems for first slot and 300 gems for second slot!!

Timings vary in those Portals ie it can be either 1hr, 2hr, 4hr, 7hr, 12hr, 24hr!!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@sumitarora15

Do you have to pay this every time you do a secret mission and want to add a second TF, or is the additional slot unlocked forever?

Sumit Arora
    @sumitarora15

Its one time hence buy the slots with gems and they are permanently opened!!

Hex
    @hxadecmel

Totally sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do i know which is a “secret” mission node? I currently have only unlocked the middle mission node, the other two I am waiting for because I don’t want to spend the money right now. Thanks.

Nothing
    @autobird

@hxadecmel You get secret missions from the mission portals. And you don’t actually play it, you wait for it.

Hex
    @hxadecmel

Thanks for clarifying that @autobird I have initiated three missions and seen nothing about “secret.” I broke down and blew all my gold on unlocking all three mission nodes. Also, can you confirm that once you unlock a 2nd or third slot in a mission you have unlock it every time moving forward? That seems like a huge waste of gems. Especially if you are going for one of the new achievements (Have 9 TF on mission at one time)? Thanks.

Nothing
    @autobird

I don’t even know WHY it is called secret!
    Unfortunately if you pay for a buddy slot, next time you enter the mission portal to choose a new mission, you will have to pay again. Sucks @hxadecmel

Hex
    @hxadecmel

@autobird so are the “secret” missions the only ones you have to repeatedly pay for extra slots, I’m guessing that they are going to make it very much worthwhile to do so? Or once you have unlocked all three slots on any of the three regular mission nodes they stay unlocked?

Hex
    @hxadecmel

Also @autobird how would I know if the mission is secret? Is it blatantly obvious like in big block letters somewhere before you accept the mission?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@hxadecmel

“Also, can you confirm that once you unlock a 2nd or third slot in a mission you have unlock it every time moving forward? That seems like a huge waste of gems.”

Seems to me that Rovio is working hard to monetize the game.

I was basically forced into upgrading the Silo using gems because I didn’t have enough of the Super Rareium, but if you run too many missions without spending the special materials on TF upgrades then you rapidly run out of storage space!

And yes, apparently you need to spend gems every single time to unlock more TF slots for the missions, so I guess that’s one Achievement I’ll never ever get (have 9 TFs on missions at one time).

Nothing
    @autobird

I don’t think there are buddy slots for regular nodes, only mission “nodes”.
    Who the heck came up with the term “secret” missions?? There is absolutely nothing secret about them @hxadecmel!!

Sumit Arora
    @sumitarora15

They are Mission Portals not Secret Missions

Mission Portal

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

LOL, I coulda sworn ….

Oh well, thanks for correcting that.

Nothing
    @autobird

Thanks for the illustrative elaboration @sumitarora15 :D
    btw where is the mission portal that allows you to rescue Stella?

AudioMan612
    @audioman612

Does anyone know if you’re supposed to try to pick bots that match the icon of the mission (magnifying glass, light bulb, etc.)?

Nothing
    @autobird

@audioman612 I strongly think so because I wasn’t observant of the details of the new mission portal thing.The first time I did a mission, I chose a rocket bot when the mission had a light bulb symbol, and I only got 1 star. My Transformer started pouting, and I learned my lesson on that day :D

AudioMan612
    @audioman612

Okay cool, that makes sense.

Sumit Arora
    @sumitarora15

Stella and Airachnid are found in Easy Mission Portals!!

Nothing
    @autobird

so it will be completely random when you finally get a rescue mission? that could work out real nice…some get it, some don’t X3

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@autobird

In theory you can keep spending 5 gems to cycle through a new set of missions until you get to an Arcee rescue mission, but I have no idea how long that would take until I got to one, so I’m not willing to literally gamble away that many gems!

Anonymous

Recently in the 3000 coin portal I got a chance to unlock Airacnid (No idea how to spell her name :D) and accepted. It was a 24 hour one but I shortened it to 14 hours. Now that I know to pick bots matching the symbols I may have picked wrong :P. May not unlock Airacnid tomorrow.

Also what are you guys talking about having to unlock the buddy slot every time? I did a couple missions with 2 buddies on the same portal and only unlocked it once.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@partshade

“Also what are you guys talking about having to unlock the buddy slot every time? I did a couple missions with 2 buddies on the same portal and only unlocked it once.”

Personally, I haven’t tried unlocking any mission buddy slots yet.

All I’ve been hearing from others though is that you need to spend gems to unlock those buddy slots every time. But so what you’re saying is that it’s a permanent slot unlock?

I dunno then, hopefully someone will have a definitive answer since that you’re saying and what others have said, are totally opposite!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Mission Portals

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 173 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.