Rovio does not respond

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Rovio does not respond

• I have sent 4 messages to Rovio asking how I may have my account affiliation to my Facebook profile wiped clean so that i can restart the game new. But I have not gotten a response. I am banned, and thought what the hell, I will just start over.

I am just ignored. What are my options?

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Replies
  • Buzzeeee
    @buzzeeee

Unfortunately I don’t know how it could apply to your situation, but I did find one way to make Rovio respond after days of them ignoring me:

The situation was that I’d bought the daily gem letter.   Rovio did an update about halfway through the daily gem period I’d paid for and then suddenly they weren’t giving me the daily gems I was due.  I contacted Rovio.  No response.  Contacted them the next day.  No response.  Contacted them the next day.  No response.  This went on for about a week.

Then I remembered that when I downloaded the AB2 app it was through itunes.  So I contacted itunes.   They responded immediately and were very nice.  On hearing my situation, they refunded the daily gem money I’d paid.

Guess what happened immediately after that?   Yep, Rovio finally contacted me— the very next day— so very apologetic that I’d had a problem with the game and if only I’d send them my email address etc. they’d make sure I got those daily gems.   Ummmmm huhhh.

Again, unfortunately pretty much the only thing you can play on with Rovio is their utter greed, so if you can find a way to make them think they might even lose a penny from you they’ll probably suddenly find the inclination to respond.

I wish I could be more help because, believe me, I know how frustrating it can be to deal with them.

Kathy
    @kathy

@buapianoman Not really understanding Why or What you were banned from, but to unconnect your account from FB, I think you simply log out of whatever game it is to playing, then shut down the App, when you restart it, just ‘X’ out of the prompt for you to reconnect to FB ¿? not sure is this helps, but Good Luck! if you really want to start completely over with none of your progress, just clear Data, uninstall and reinstall!

BuaPianoMan
    @buapianoman

Kathy,

That’s not the resolution, but thank you for your response.

Yue
    @yue-zhang

If you want to connect to the same FB account with new ab2 profile,

-For FB, you might need to wait for 6 months..please check out with FB support.

-For Rovio, I suppose you submit a ticket instead of writing email, normally, they should reply within a week..

The quickest way for you is to register a new FB account…..my opinion

Angry Turd
    @puffs

If you wish to connect to the same FB account with a new AB2 profile, you must first deactivate (Rovio) data access to the original AB2 profile from within FB.

Viking Birds #76330 = 1000 FP (or higher)
    Viking Birds II #190105 = 850 FP (or higher)
    Viking Birds³ #212732 = 700 FP (or higher)

____   ___.__ __   .__                __________.__           .___      
    \   \ /   |__|  | _|__| ____   ____   \______   |_________  __| _/______
     \   Y   /|  |  |/ |  |/    \ / ___\   |    |  _|  \_  __ \/ __ |/  ___/
      \     / |  |    <| | | / /_/ >  |    |   |  ||  | \/ /_/ |\___ \ 
       \___/  |__|__|_ |__|___|  \___  /   |______  |__||__|  \____ /____  >
                      \/       \/_____/           \/               \/    \/ 

Official Clan Rules: rules.vikingbirds.com
    Discord Group Chat: join.vikingbirds.com

BuaPianoMan
    @buapianoman

Angry Turd,

Thanks for the suggestion.  It was the first thing I tried (and have tried several times now) many weeks ago.  Removing the application from Facebook (which also indicates the data will be removed) doesn’t reset the data on Rovio’s servers apparently.  After each attempt (sometimes even waiting several days before trying) restarting Angry Birds 2 from a fresh install and linking it to Facebook results in:

– Successful connection to my Facebook Account

– Immediate ban

– Synchronization of the game state (Spells, FP, Hats, Map Level #, Player Name, etc…)

So that option doesn’t actually work.  This is what led me to contacting Rovio (or should I say what led me to making several attempts to contact Rovio).

Yue has a good suggestion, creating an independent FB Facebook account, but I’d rather just sync to the one.  Yue, if you can provide me the way i can submit a ticket, I will try this.  Nowhere have I found an interface for being able to submit a ticket.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Erm… what I’m missing here? Self proclaimed cheater wants to find a part way around well-deserved ban… and others rush in trying to help! Rovio has been way too lenient for cheaters, so is ABN a channel to support cheating, now?

Buster
    @doulgas

I had the same reaction.

Yue
    @yue-zhang

@buapianoman

Once you are banned, your profile would be tagged at Rovio’s server via FB account name. so even you disconnect  ab2 with fb account, next time you login, you still get banned unless Rovio erase the fb data at their server. Here is a request address.

https://support.rovio.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

@rawdatasystems

I know your concern but it’s Rovio to allow player to start over with new profile, ie, no cheating profile.  Meanwhile, player want to connect with FB to receive gifts, which is also allowed by Rovio. The funny thing is, FB said you could register one account only..and most people believe it……so naturally, people would try to use their original fb account, even after banned…..

The drawback is, Rovio keep that original account in game server marked as “black list”.  That’s why I said, new fb account is the quickest way….otherwise you have to waste time in contacting support team of Rovio.

Lastly, a clarification, a banned rovio account id is different from fb account, but might be associated with. It’s NOT a workaround way to get back your banned profile.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@yue-zhang, new profile… but the same cheating player. IMHO, repeating offenders should not have the luxury to start over every time they get busted. At least not multiple times! They just use a copy of their cheat account after editing it’s name/Player ID.

FB tells you can register one account only? That must be the most broken of their unforced(?) rules. :D

Why Rovio does not add Device ID to their black list is unfortunate.

That’s why I said “…to find a part way around well-deserved ban…”. Maybe I should had used “partly around”? By that I meant not completely as before ban, but partially. I.E., at least to get back playing… and cheating again.

Yue
    @yue-zhang

Device id? think about 2nd hand devices, you, as a game developer, could not reject a player to bid any cheaper 2nd hand device, right?  As long as a game developer allows player to start over, there is no reason to ban a dvice id, neither to lock MAC address.

There might be a way to stop clone by adding something like fingerprint to data. I dont know anything about this, but Rovio must have this kind of tech already. Like war between virus developer and virus-detect developer, there is no ending…..

Angry Turd
    @puffs

There exists device ID and MAC address spoofing tools. I am a *nix admin and modifying both are trivial.

Viking Birds #76330 = 1000 FP (or higher)
    Viking Birds II #190105 = 850 FP (or higher)
    Viking Birds³ #212732 = 700 FP (or higher)

____   ___.__ __   .__                __________.__           .___      
    \   \ /   |__|  | _|__| ____   ____   \______   |_________  __| _/______
     \   Y   /|  |  |/ |  |/    \ / ___\   |    |  _|  \_  __ \/ __ |/  ___/
      \     / |  |    <| | | / /_/ >  |    |   |  ||  | \/ /_/ |\___ \ 
       \___/  |__|__|_ |__|___|  \___  /   |______  |__||__|  \____ /____  >
                      \/       \/_____/           \/               \/    \/ 

Official Clan Rules: rules.vikingbirds.com
    Discord Group Chat: join.vikingbirds.com

@nas76

Late to the conversation, however as Rovio is a Finnish company and Finland is in the EU under the new data protection laws that came in to force across the whole of the EU in May 2018 they must delete all data they have about you if you request them to do so.

https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rights-citizens/my-rights/can-i-ask-company-delete-my-personal-data_en

GioelloBlu
    @gioelloblu

This person didn’t say they were a cheater. They said they got banned. There are many stories of clean players getting unfairly banned.  Rovio isn’t particularly interested in helping.  They want to keep your money.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@gioelloblu, did you fail to check the linked thread where the fact is out open?

GioelloBlu
    @gioelloblu

@rawdatasystem Ok I did read that now. However there are several other stories right there proving my point so I stand by it.  Rovio is dishonest and the banning system is broken.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@gioelloblu, about Rovio being dishonest? I don’t know if that’s the best word to describe them, but it’s not incorrect one either. Others could be something like greedy, unsupportive, inconsistent, incompetent, unfair, deceitful… do I even need to continue? ;)

GioelloBlu
    @gioelloblu

@Rawdatasystems on this we agree.  It is a shame because when they aren’t crapping on the user experience, the app is a fun diversion from normal life stress.  They could use a good bootcamp in customer service.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Rovio does not respond

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.