Red White And Blue! – New Event!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Red White And Blue! – New Event!

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 175 total)
  • Replies
  • pandaczar12
    @pandaczar12

I won by accident today. I hit a unicron run right at the end and before I knew it I had blown past the guy in the lead. I felt bad since I already have all the prizes. Wish there were some chromia accessories to buy with all these extra tokens.

Cloudguy
    @cloudguy

Wonder how many rounds of recharges will be needed to get 150,000 plus?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@joel687 Wow, that’s a nice score.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

Meh another day that i didn’t feel so much playing… i am only open every 4 hours to collect the money and to see how much time passed until the end of the TF (chromia) to be finished upgrading…

So i see people is fighting mercilessly…

Well i have my day off so i am going to hit the sack…

Asen_77
    @asen

@cloudguy Probably he reacht recharge at 100 and probably use it at least 2-3 times. Probably 500-600 gems. Of course this is deppends on the day and what item is target. And also to play all day levels recharged whit timer. Lets say to play about 40 runs, at least.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@pandaczar12

OK, thanks.

Anyone know if Dead End used Pig Iron or if he used Deceptigears?

I’m working on a theory.

AngrLee
    @angrlee

@optimuspig

Dead End used Pig Iron to upgrade. What is your theory?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@angrlee

Thank you. That’s very helpful.

My theory is this: the most recent TFs to be released have all used basic materials (either Pig Iron or Birdium) rather than mechanical materials (i.e. Autocogs and Deceptigears). This is because Autocogs and DGs are relatively easy to obtain through Daily Quest rewards, whereas Birdium and Pig Iron are not currently available through Daily Quests (not sure if they’ve ever been). Although all can be obtained through Missions, it’s totally random and sometimes the scarcity is frustrating (and also puts a practical limit on how much lab spinning we can do if we need to conserve mats for upgrades). Rovio is deliberately making it more difficult for us to upgrade our TFs which forces us to use gems to make up the difference. [Ironically, the decision to conserve certain mats for upgrade purposes is actually easier since lab spins have such a low payout rate ever since The Great Lab NERFing.]

Honestly, my memory sucks and I haven’t maintained my spreadsheet in ages, but has anyone kept track of what mats were required by Wheeljack? I’m inclined to think Birdium, but I’m not sure.

I believe that Dead End / Chromia / Wheeljack / Smokescreen have been the TFs released ever since they introduced the Daily Quests. Did I miss any?

Perhaps I’m overthinking this. But it works into my overall narrative that Rovio’s out to get us.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig Wheeljack used Pig Iron for upgrading. So you believe Rovio is purposefully making players use rare resources so that they are forced to spend gems once they run out of it? I can see now.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@optimuspig @datguygamer I’m not finding it harder, but easier to get materials for upgrading. Since they’ve reduced gem output in the lab, I spin for gems a lot less, and don’t spin at all with Pig Iron or Birdium, and am inclined to allow the silo to overflow.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@millforce2k I only spin nowadays when I get excess materials from the quests and that’s it. On a different note, the game updated to 1.24.10.5 and I didn’t even notice that but it still makes me play online always.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

@optimuspig @millforce2k @datguygamer The gem output in the lab has been a lot better since the hard update. I even hit gems three times in a row a few days ago.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@datguygamer What platform are you on? Android here and I can play offline.

@sntrooper
    I noticed an increase as well, but not enough to use PI or BI to make cogs or gears, etc. Also haven’t tried a second spin on 3SR.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@datguygamer

Yup.

@millforce2k

As I mentoned above, it’s been easier for me to make that decision (i.e. spin vs. save) since they NERFed the lab. But I still try to spin as much as I can – the only way to counter low probability is to increase the number of spins.

@sntrooper

Gem output did experience an uptick after the x.3 hard update, but I’ve noticed it drop off again after either the x.4 or x.5 soft updates.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@millforce2k

I’m not wasting gems on re-spins.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I believe people have mentioned that Chromia doesn’t unlock any accessories in the Token Exchange (they are only available in the Barracks for gems).

Is that correct?

I just want to know how hard I should go today and tomorrow.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig I can hard confirm that. I have Chromia and you can only get her two accessories for 2000 gems.

Trust me, they will offer her accessories and her again in the next event with maybe Smokescreen AGAIN. Why? Because kindle users are still screwed and Rovio has yet to compensate for them. So Android (Google Play) and iOS users will get a repeat while Kindle users will get to try Smokescreen fir the first time. I am sick of seeing Smokescreen personally in every event TBH.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@millforce2k As I said before, I am on Android and I have to play online. I don’t if it is a configuration for Lollipop only but who knows.

@sntrooper
    Noticed that as well. used 3XRR and landed on gems first time two times in a row.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I have another theory.

Ever wonder why we’ve been seeing so many days where the designated target is bricks (glass, wood, and stone) rather than pigs, missiles and mortar towers (especially missiles)?

Answer: Grimlocks.

I’m sure I’m not the only player who’s gone “all in” with sparks on one or more Grimlock variant (for me, it’s GSG and EGL). In many respects, the Grimlocks are the most effective TFs in the game, especially against moving targets such as missiles and flying pigs.

What they’re not amazing at though, is destroying bricks (especially the stone ones). They’re not terrible, but they’re not nearly as effective against massed static targets as say Soundwave, who can basically obliterate a massive stack of bricks with a single shot. I especially find Pig City frustrating, as stone bricks predominate and I’ve left huge numbers of them behind because there’s just too many of those stone bricks to destroy before I pass them on the screen (not to mention Grimlock’s cooldown).

Rovio knows how good Grimlock is. Rovio also knows how many people have decided to go Grimlock-heavy with their Spark upgrades.

Thus why we’re not seeing a lot of missile days, if at all, since GSG can go to town (extremely slow movement speed, combined with extremely accurate targeting).

We’ve seen Rovio NERF the Grimlocks on multiple occasions, and we’ve always complained about that. So now they’re being more subtle about it. Instead of directly NERFing the Grimlocks, instead they’re just giving us more targets that Grimlocks are bad at, and fewer targets that Grimlocks are good at.

Thoughts?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@datguygamer

OK thanks. No need for me to go hard today and tomorrow then. First place would net me “too many” tokens.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig The GSG and GBG are still nerfed as their rays at Level 15 are puny compared to EG. EG can take down structures easily as his ray is strong now but the other two overheat easily while dealing with stone blocks (like how EG used to be after his nerf). And yes, you have a point here. I didn’t even notice that we were having so many block challenges but now I see and I am thinking here that you may be right.

@optimuspig I haven’t noticed anything regarding your theory about the Grimlocks and colored block targets the special events, but I would not be surprised if your theory was correct. Since I usually use my most powerful Transformers in the events (which are Energon Grimlock and Soundwave, both at upgrade level 10), I have begun promoting Soundwave since promoting Energon Grimlock has no longer been sufficient enough for to get high scores in the events. Currently, I have Energon Grimlock with a 95% promotion bonus, and Soundwave with a 40% promotion bonus. Those figures will change as soon as I have enough sparks to increase their promotion bonuses.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@jimmy-necessary

If I’d been thinking clearly when this Spark foolishness first rolled out, I could have put all of my Sparks into GSG and SW. Then I’d be fully covered – GSG for moving targets and SW for static targets.

@datguygamer

EGL is generally OK, but I’m finding it difficult when there are too many stone bricks on the screen to be able to deal with them all. Especially on a day like today, where the target is glass, but there are stone bricks obscuring them in the stack.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

After entering the Astrotrain.

Screenshot_2017-02-19-14-21-36.png

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Red White And Blue! – New Event!

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 175 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.