Questions on classes and Cave 5

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Questions on classes and Cave 5

• I have a few questions:

1.) I was hoping to get some opinions on what I should do regarding classes that cost lucky coins. I am thinking about purchasing the $44.99 set if lucky coins and using some of it to buy classes I don’t have, those being the Thunderbird, Sea Dog, and Skulkers.
    I have the Bard and Paladin already and can’t imagine playing without them, especially the Paladin, but the others are pretty pricey, are any of them worth it? I am level 25 and currently on cave 5. I have had the chance to play with the Sea Dog from friends and his power is really impressive and the gang up ability is nice too, but I haven’t been able to test drive the other two so I wanted opinions on which were worth it? Are they really worth buying or should I just save the coins for something else or upgrade some classes to master?

1.5) I have all the normal snoutling classes except Avenger and Priest. Avenger seems like the most useless class so I don’t plan on buying it unless I have a surplus of snoutlings just so I can have all the classes, but I’m stumped on the Priest. I have never seen or heard of anybody using it so is it worth it in any situation? It doesn’t directly heal the birds like the other classes for Matilda, they only get healed by hitting the pig she’s hit and its 5% maximum health which doesn’t sound like much, but am I wrong? Is the Spirit Link ability worth it?

2.) On master classes, are they really worth that last 20% boost on health and attack? They’re SO expensive and I haven’t really had a problem with my elite classes, but still… I have been able to three star every level (except the boss battles of the caves and one castle) before I even had all elites and before I was level 25 so I don’t know if I should really spend the whopping 300 lucky coins for a few. I would only do it for my most used classes, but it’s still so much money. Any thoughts?

3.) Last lucky coin question. With my lucky coins after I figure out the classes, I was planning to just save the leftovers until iOS can catch up to Android so I can level up and fill up my golden pig for some set items. The last thing I was wondering is if I should really get the golden chili? I’m not interested in the cauldron or anvil upgrades since I have plenty of friendship essence for rerolls or plenty of ingredients to remake something until I get three stars so they don’t matter to me. What’s the benefits of the golden chili at this point? It doesn’t sound helpful for the wave battles of the caves since it’s only full to start with so should I still get it?

4.) I’m on cave 5, just entered it. I know I’ll be facing ninjas here so i wanted some help on getting a team set up. What level do they first show up in and what is the amount of damage they dodge? What about the Shoguns, I assume he’ll show up, so what is the damage they’re ironclad to? I’d like to choose birds and weapons with a sweet spot that is below the dodge but above the ironclad pigs. What birds do you recommend I bring into battle? I’ve been using the Paladin, Tricksters, and Druid or Bard for the most part in the previous caves but I know they’re all useless against ninjas. I hate going in blind since we can only see the first level of a wave battle and with losing a friend to a 12 hour wait because a pig was unkillable on the line, I don’t want to risk it. Tips please? :)

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replies
  • Woods
    @chiiyuen0109

BTW People who passed Cave 5, anyone know whats the sweet spot for Cave 5?

t0panka
    @t0panka

I like to know answers to these questions too .)

Im lvl 19 so i cant help you that much but about that GOLDEN CHILLI – i have it since early stages and it REALLY helped me a lot. Its nice to have that first chilli attack and with waves i use chilli first move and then i clean wave only when my chilli is filled up again so i can use it next wave first.

MysticalFire
    @mysticalfire

Zack Scott uses priest. Priest is only good with a paladin and/or RAINBIRD.

For cave 5, use Druid, Samurai and Marksmen. MAKE SURE THEY ARE ALL AT LEAST LV. 22 AND ARE ELITE, OR HAVE AT LEAST 800 Health. Target the Mandarins and Master Ninjas first. For Shogun use Blues/Reds Rage Chili Ability (having a friend who has Yin and Yang will help). Always start every round with max health and max chili. Do not be afraid to heal – health is essential. Focus on one target. That should work. I did this LV. 21-22, no legendary items.

WEAPONS: Use a hammer for Red, Slingshot for Blues, and Comb or Harp for Matilda.
    NEVER, EVER USE A CRITICAL HIT WEAPON DUE TO DODGE. If you plan to use legendary weapons, use Yin or Scythes for Matilda, Gold Hammer or Dragon’s Tooth for Red and Robot or Slingshot for Blues.

wolkenwand
    @wolkenwand

Seadog is a powerhouse, he can take down two brutes that require three turn charge to attack even before their charge complete with the help of red’s heroic strike. While skulker useful when fighting ninja and shogun enemies or wave battle that contain enemy with dodge ability and ironclad in one fight. skulker with druid and samurai is one of my favorite team, skulker can entangle all enemies using druid ability or he can negate enemy’s ironclad skill with weakspot. in cave 5 expect to use fruit cake or juice btw.
    I personaly prefering skulker than seadog.

CDRGuy
    @cdrguy

IMHO, I don’t use most of the classes. 95% of the time, I’m in samurai, paladin, wizard, tricksters, spies, and marksmen. For ninjas, I’ll swap wizard with lightning bird, as his attack (with reduced weapons) is in the sweet spot (>159, <166). I’m working toward Bard, which I may use, but in general, I think paladin is more useful.

I’m a fan of the golden chili. It’s not much use in the dungeons (since they’re all multi-round battles), but for farming for resources, it’s great to just put Wizard Chuck on a level and rage him to clear it. For instance, I can get clear Winter Wonderland 4 (for ice chilis) about 80% of the time using only the wizard, meaning I can do it mindlessly while I work on other stuff.

Thanks for all the replies. I went ahead and purchased the Skulkers since I got a friend with one to use yesterday and actually really liked it. It was very helpful on the ninjas.

Still not sure about the thunderbird or sea dog, but I’ll likely just hold off on those two, especially thunderbird since Chuck has such pathetically low health anyway, he hasn’t been much use in the caves since he’s killed so easily. He’s got 710 health for me while the next lowest is e blues with just under 900. I’ll get the golden chili too since i can definetly see it useful for farming supplies like suggested.

Only thing I’m still curious about is master classes and if theyre worth it. I will likely eventually get mastery for my most used class for Chuck since,again, he needs all the health he can get, but overall, I’m still not sure if they’re worth buying for everyone else.

Woods
    @chiiyuen0109

@cdrguy Thanks for telling the sweet spot. Gonna be prepared!

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Before today my Level 25 Chuck was using a shiny orb (15% health) and had 789 health. Now that I have a level 25 Lightning Tome (23% health) he has 899 health. That is still weaker than all my other characters, but it is enough to survive most encounters. When it isn’t you just use the Paladin’s devotion or Samurai’s defensive formation.

I think the pigs on my game are against my Chuck. When I try to use him, they always gang up on him. When I use Paladin or Samurai to protect him, if there is a dispeller, they hit and succeed in removing it. I think the pigs hate me, or maybe him. I’ve been hoping I’ll get a better offhand item soon to raise his health up. XD

I luckily have a few friends with Chuck at 900+ health so I’ve been using them in the caves for now when I want to use him.

Also, the Golden Chili is awesome! Farming materials is 200 times faster so I can get back to fighting real battles quicker. Thank you guys for the suggestion, I dont regret it!

GX
    @kokhien

For cave 5 I used the following counter-attack strategy:
    Samurai – To protect all birds using his 50%/40% shield, chilli attack on Shoguns. Chain attack weapon can target more pigs
    Princess – To provide healing and direct all enemy attack to Red
    Piggyana – To give counter attack to Red and dispel effects

Basically multiple counter attacks fills up chilli faster since Red can attack multiple times in a turn. I typically use the filled chilli on Princess for healing.
    Sometimes you may need to supplement using potions but only when the effects get dispelled very quickly.

Thus the priority is to eliminate ninja pigs that dispels these counter attack effect.

I primarily rely on Piggyana to clear most caves with ninjas, and Prince Pig for others. Now figuring the strategy to get past the last fiee pig in the 10th battle.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Questions on classes and Cave 5

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.