New update version 1.4.2 of Epic is out

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New update version 1.4.2 of Epic is out

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 198 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@jadedbacon Very true and I agree with that. Let’s see what kind of objective I get tomorrow.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@datguygamer @grimmjow @jim151 @angryjohnny

I want to thank you all for working so hard to discover and analyze the meaning of the “3 KOs per turn” objective. I agree… it’s worded terribly.

I haven’t seen the objective myself, but we’ve gotten several questions on our Facebook page, so it was good to link-out to your summaries.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Geez, this topic gained TWO pages since I last looked. That’s rare. O_O

But yeah, this whole “KO 3 birds per turn” description is somewhat worded wrong when it’s actually “KO 3 birds in one turn and do that 3 times”. That’s all I was confused about too. Sorry to have stressed you out among a few others @datguygamer, and thanks to all for the final clarification. Rovio should somewhat release a fix to this, 1.4.2.1 if you want.

“5 wins without support abilities” is basically attacks only – all primary abilities plus Red’s, Bomb’s and Blues’ rage ability. Not even Berserk’s or Lightning Bird’s secondary ability will work even though they’re both basically attacks.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@amslimfordy I do have a screenshot uploaded for that objective in my album if you want to see it. I think I will send this query to Rovio so that they can fix it later.
    Angry Bird: Epic Arena objective (Round 2)

@smwforever45
    Hehe, it was a fairly long conversation, wasn’t it? I support your wording of the objective. Makes it simple to understand and execute.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Like @bubbley, I scrapped all of my non-Set Items.

It is utter bull to require non-Set Items to win, especially when the overwhelming majority of fights are going to be against fully-Enchanted Sets.

@roviobeni
    , @roviohuzz – fix this by removing the “No Sets” objective.

Suzy
    @suzyq

Last night my objectives were probably the easiest and it will just get harder and harder from now on. I’m not looking forward to today’s new objectives.

Win and knockout 12 birds
    Win 2 battles after losing coin toss
    Win battles using 12 different bird classes

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I’d suggest a fix of the non-set stuff by letting you fight against NON-set enemies when you try to get the non-set objective. Not by removing the objective. I like it. Keep it in @roviobeni @roviohuzz.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Only offering non-Set opponents would work.

Otherwise, the problem is that Sets are at least 50% more powerful than non-Sets. They do 150% damage, with 150% health. And their bonus effects trigger 50% more often. And then, there’s the Set Bonus effect…

Pointless
    @pointless

It really does seem that inherent bugginess is the cause of all this grief. If the “Win 3 and KO 3 per turn” actually behaved as it should (ie a diluted KO 3 with a single attack), then there wouldn’t be all this discussion. It seems like some people have had success in this objective as described, while others are pulling their hair out. If it doesn’t count due to some weird little bug, then I can understand the complete frustration.
    This also seems to be the case with the “Win without using Support”, as how can a Rage be considered one at all?

@smwforever45
    Beserker’s Frenzy and Lightning Bird’s Lightning Fast are the definition of Support abilities, so these should certainly not be allowed in completing the objective.

suelgk
    @suelgk

Use rage ability 4 times in one battle, this one is going to be fun, not.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

4 Rages in 1 fight? In the time it takes for a single recharge, I have won fights…

It’s doable, but requires Matty, if only to have a Rage ability that doesn’t destroy the banner in 2 or 3 uses.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Today I got “Win 2 battles and KO 6 birds per battle”, has this been mentioned before?
    Wasn’t too hard BTW, even with an AoE set-up I was able to clear it. Besides that I also got three non-chili clears and 12 different classes to use. (I used Rainbird/Druid/Rogues, Samurai/Cannoneer/Marksmen, E.Knight/Lightning Bird/Princess and Paladin/Wizard/Spies to clear the last one if anyone’s curious, in this order – I kept my strongest combo for last)

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

That’s the easy version of “KO 10 birds per battle”.

Pointless
    @pointless

Also got the “Win three battles using Rage Chili four times per battle”…not hard necessarily, just requires a whole lot of management. Fighting an Enemy Matilda definitely helps (actually completed against a team of Princess and Rainbird, which sure made it easier). A lot of waiting, buffing and re-buffing Birds to waste time. Made for Blazing Set (which I don’t have a good one). Wizard’s Energize and Matilda’s Yin Yang would obviously also help the situation.

Anonymous

I personally want the “Win without set items” objective gone too. It completely ruins what the game stands for.

RPG games are all about making your characters stronger and playing strategically. The smartest and most powerful player always wins, and getting sets is exactly how we do that. (I mean sure, we have exp levels and mastery ranks, but the sets are where the real power is.) But this objective actually discourages getting stronger. No RPG game should be like that. You should always use your best equipment as that’s the whole point of the game. Why should we spend money on sets if we can’t use them?

This also brings me to my next point: Rovio getting profits. If anything they’re going to loss profits with this update, all because of this one objective, because it once again discourages getting stronger and rising to the top, which a good amount of people pay money to do.

Honestly, this objective wasn’t thought through well at all.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I don’t think of the objective as means to discourage you to not upgrade your gear @partshade. I think of the objective as a challenge, since wins with set items have just become too easy when you’ve got the right stuff (Valiant, Sweet, Dragon or Lightning for example). By taking you back to the point where you had no set items the game tells you to not just blatantly keep attacking but also use supportive abilities wisely, that’s what I think.
    Plus there’s much worse. Imagine being set back to Lv. 1. Some games do that.

About the money aspect, they’ll still gain money because that is only ONE objective of dozens. To win battles efficiently you still need set items.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Now, I don’t mean to offend anyone but: Calm down your anger a bit. We all complain when something doesn’t go our way.
    When Valiant was nerfed everyone with Valiant got mad. Those without Valiant were happier at least.
    When Elite classes were introduced everyone said “oh, how useless”. But in the end, it still increases health and damage which you can’t deny like that. I do find myself to use Knight more often now – he is simply the tankiest of all classes with the Elite upgrade, highest HP and the ability to take 55% damage off himself while everyone attacks him.
    Now when set items are forbidden in one single objective all with set items start complaining and want the objective removed again. Sure, I have set items too, but the times when I didn’t weren’t too long ago, and battles are definitely winnable without set items. Otherwise I wouldn’t have made it to Platinum in the first season and Silver in the fifth.

EDIT: To be fair, 5 battles without set items is quite a lot, considering battles get considerably harder after you clear the 3rd one. 2 or 3 battles would do really.

Anonymous

@smwforever45 Despite reading your whole argument, I’m going to cherry pick something:

“Since wins with set items have just become too easy when you’ve got the right stuff (Valiant, Sweet, Dragon or Lightning for example).”

For us Diamond Leaguers that are 50/12 and have most sets fully upgraded, these sets don’t make things easy, they’re what keep us alive, because all we see in the arena are other players also equipped with fully upgraded complete sets and mastery 12 Birds.

This may be partially fixed by matching you with others without sets as well, like you said. But think about how many people in your league would actually have this objective as well. It just seems to me like that would cause a lot of reoccurring opponents.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@partshade
    That’s… true. I’m 50/8 and Stone so can’t really compare (although I do get set item opponents a lot, too). Sometimes my view is a bit narrow it seems. :P
    As I said above, one possible solution would be to offer some non-set enemies every now and then…
    or get rid of the objective, or make sure it only appears in lower leagues (up to Gold maybe).

Reoccurring opponents? There’s millions of players around, doubtful I’d always get the same ones. Plus the game can generate some of its own (namely Unnamed Player).
    EDIT: although, like in AB2, it would be interesting to know how opponents are actually created. Sometimes it seems to me like the game finds a player, picks random classes and pinches them together for you to battle. Nobody would battle with a Lv. 1 Sea Dog when they have Lv. 8 birds available.

Anonymous

@smwforever45 True. There are millions but let’s narrow them down here:

Firstly, you probably know that your only fighting players in your specific League, which take a huge chunk.

Secondly, counting the people that get this specific objective takes another big chunk out.

Thirdly, thinking that few people will actually want to play this objective takes another big chunk out. I bet those people with a short temper won’t even want to try. :P

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@partshade
    If Rovio actually decides to keep the objective in and it’s worth 3k points or something then I don’t think people would wanna miss the objective when most others in their league complete it. Seeing others’ scores sometimes motivates me to keep up and clear my objectives, it’s true. Just like students in a class are more likely to do homework if everyone else does… or if the teacher forces them. :P
    In my opinion that makes the effect of your third point small. Let’s say 1% of all players are Diamond, let’s say 10% of the Diamond players get the objective, let’s say 60% of all Diamond players clear their daily objectives (probably lower in lower leagues). I don’t know how many active players ABE actually has but I’ll say 5 million active players. 1% of 5 million = 50,000. 10% of 50,000 = 5,000. 60% of 5,000 = 3,000. In my opinion, more than enough possible match-ups so it’s unlikely to encounter the same opponent twice. :P

Anonymous

@smwforever45 Welp, if Rovio decides to implement something like that, let’s do it!

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@partshade
    It’s the only future I see for the objective honestly, being matched up with opponents that have no set items when the game sees you have no set items equipped. When the objective is cleared it could go back to normal play. I hope for either that, or if Rovio doesn’t wanna implement my thought then have the objective removed.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@swmforver4 – I don’t think you should speak for the top tier, if you’re not playing it.

From what I see, you’ve only gotten as far as silver lately. I’m currently in Diamond, have been the past seasons. I know what it currently takes to get there (quickly / at all), and heavily-enchanted Set Items are a key part of that. I had a tough run this season, and it pushed me back 2 weeks.

There is a significant portion of 50/12 players in Diamond who see nothing but 1,500+ rated opponents ALL DAY LONG. They are nearly all running “good” Set equipment, enchanted to 10/10, or very close to it. Coming in with 5/5 (or worse) Set gear puts you at a major disadvantage, especially if you don’t have Valiant and the other “power” sets.

Many of these players paid actual RWM to get the items and enchant them to this level. The rest have been faithfully grinding very hard. To take that away is unacceptable. It’s an insult to the players.

And the matchups are such that, yes, we do see the same opponents more than once. I used to see GT-R several times a week, often multiple times daily. I think I have seen just about all of ABN’s 50/12 Diamond players at least once (at least, when their forum handle corresponds to their in-game name). I assume that many of them have seen my birds as well.

When you can promote to Diamond without losing any weeks, then come back and share.

Pointless
    @pointless

@graugeist I have never faced your team, funnily enough, but many others here at ABN. I can also vouch that opponents appear over and over again (not sure how the matchups are determined), for example I face cheatershavenoeggs constantly and have since Arena started. I am actually quite interested in the evolving lineups these repeat opponents field.
    I also will reiterate that I find the No Set objective a head scratcher…really does seem to be straight slap in the face, given the opposition we face at 50/12. I think I’d rather win with two birds…but a funny feeling tells me that will appear

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New update version 1.4.2 of Epic is out

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 198 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.