New update version 1.4.2 of Epic is out

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New update version 1.4.2 of Epic is out

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 198 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Ouch, this felt like a good slap in my face just now. XD

Sure I can’t speak for Diamond players when I’m not in Diamond. I can’t even speak for you guys if I was in Diamond – I’m missing many valuable set items, I’m not mastery 12, and I don’t even have all the classes yet. Plus we’re all different anyway.
    I was just trying to explain how I see things from a more general perspective since not everyone is 50/12 Diamond… and if Rovio keeps the objective in then you’ll likely still meet the same opponents you always did. A few may opt out but most will likely still compete for the arena points.

Just because you get the objective doesn’t mean the set items are “taken away” though – you’re gently asked to use something else for 5 battles (again, I’d like that number reduced) then you can return back to normal. Kinda like No-Chili or Win with 12 different classes requires a strategy change too, whether minor or major.

Also, in my opinion match-ups would be much fairer if your opponents were to use non-set items too. If you were forced to put away your set items and you still get the exact same enemy setups, then yes, that’s an insult.

I have been in Platinum once (I have the trophy from season 1) but that was my biggest success in the Arena. Since then Silver was my highest.

In the end though, Rovio decides what they think is best. And in the end, I’m just an average ABE player slowly progressing towards the first mastery 10 bird. Ridiculous when I see what you guys achieved.

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

@smwforever45 @graugeist(and anyone else who is taking about the new No sets objective) it is important to have sets. There should be no objective which requires you not to use a set at all. But there should not be any objectives that require a certain set.

Anonymous

@abcdefg I’d actually like an objective that requires a certain set (As long as you have it) as it encourages variety in arena. As said by a couple people here: “It makes players step out of their comfort zone.”

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

Mabye a new objective which makes all birds use a set. Using sets is important. In fact, they should give bonus wheel rewards for sets and more if they are enchanted. Rovio should not make us not use highest/best gear or sets. They should make us use it by giving us double rewards if we are using 3 complete sets(triple if four) and mabye an additional 100% if they are all enchanted to 5, and 50% if they are enchanted at ALL, even to 1 or 2. And mabye an additional 100% on the objectives if we complete one in a single fight. Rovio should recommend better/higher level gear.

Pointless
    @pointless

@partshade as much as the idea of an objective using a certain Set appeals in terms of variety, I myself would be a littled peeved to get one if I didn’t have the Set (I don’t have all of them, simply due to the fact that I think a lot of them are not worth the LCs to get them). As most of you know, I am 50/12 and have played since the beginning, so if I don’t have all the Sets, why should we expect newer players to have them? On top of this, if you are level 20 and need a particular Set for an objective, that Set will quickly become outdated and near worthless as you progress. This will quickly lead to frustration in Arena and perhaps the whole game…not what Rovio is aiming for as a business.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 That objective you’re talking about is worth 1500 points, not 3K.
    @partshade Is that true? How can I determine that?

Anonymous

@pointless You seem to have missed a part of my comment.

I’d actually like an objective that requires a certain set (As long as you have it) as it encourages variety in arena. As said by a couple people here: “It makes players step out of their comfort zone.”

it couldn’t be too hard for Rovio to implement some kind of set detector right?

@datguygamer
    What are you referring to?

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

Hi all, I got reply from Rovio support team regarding Valiant set bug:
    Ellie Yesterday at 12:52

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us and sorry to hear you’ve had some trouble with Angry Birds Epic.

Unfortunately there is a bug with the Valiant Head set bonus in this latest update that we weren’t aware of. The developers have now identified the issue and it will be fixed in the next update.

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope you continue to enjoy Angry Birds Epic.

Best regards,

Ellie
    Rovio Support Team

I maxed up my Valiant set and have all others. While I am waiting an update that will fix bug, I wonder which is the best second choice to enchante? Before new sets were introduced I used to play with blazing eye, but I wonder if Blessed id better choice? What about Angry?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@partshade When you say that all players I fight are from my league, how can I confirm that? How do I know that? How do you know that?

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

That do you think of the fact that now the opponents (airplane) have all complete sets ?

It is already a big brake is there. If besides the more complex and harder objectives are created, it is going to become difficult to progress.

Anonymous

@cosmo2503 Ever since I got it I’ve been using Angry. It’s very unreliable but so fun to use :D. If you’re going to tryhard though, use Blessed for defensive and Mighty for offensive. They’re just better.

@datguygamer
    I’ve just heard people say that in some of the older forums. Plus, wouldn’t that balance the game anyway? I mean, imagine someone from Diamond fighting a Wood player.

@grimmjow
    I use airplane opponents all the time and yes it has definitely gotten harder. I need to carefully pick my team for objectives now.

roviobeni
    @roviobeni

Hi guys!

Some players have been experiencing a bug – the valiant head set bonus isn’t working. Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this. It will get fixed in the next update.

Thanks!
    -Beni

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@datguygamer @partshade Players are no longer being teamed up depending on what league they are in (it was like that in the beginning though) but now they are teamed up depending on their powerlevels (roughly). You can face a Wood league player in the arena as long as that player is on the same powerlevel as you.

Napoleongl
    @napoleongl

@cosmo2503
    I too would recommend blessed. Especially if you have paladin and use one of the damage increasing classes as he’ll then would fully heal most classes in one attack (well almost)…
    Also, I agree with @partshade (again) that angry is really fun to use, especially with avenger. Granted though it is really unreliable to keep avenger alive with angry bonus active, but when you do, damn he hits hard!

Napoleongl
    @napoleongl

Also, I’m gonna go in and defend @smwforever45 somewhat, I’ve been in diamond all the seasons except the first (where I spent seven weeks in platinum though) and have heavily enchanted sets for all my 50/12 birds. I just tried out the no sets objective as my real ones were done and it is perfectly doable. Not fun and yes I lost some battles (two out of eight). The thing is that the matching works in your favour here, as soon as you are down to 900 ish power so will your enemies be, and most of them will not have complete sets so it becomes sort of fair game. If you start your objectives with the low power no set birds, and get your complimentary two weak enemies, the remaining will likely stay low powered as long as you don’t go and equip your birds with full sets in the middle of everything.

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

Here is what I do to get easier opponent in Arena (not knightly virtue at all, I have to admit). I basicly equipe my birds with missmatched the lowest ranked weapons and shields, sometimes I change my banner tto, get easy opponent 200-300 lower in my max power, then simply go to camp and change my birds sets. Might be time consuming and certainly doesn’t make game and arena battle challenging itself, but at least it makes you winn 8most of time) battle without hassle.
    Also it is less time consuming then going back to Piggy or changing settings to airplane mode.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    Ok, good to know. Doesn’t make it that important, then.

@napoleongl

Hey thanks :)
    That’s actually true, although it’ll still be a tough one. I think the others are aware they’re fighting players with equal or slightly stronger power than themselves – and around 900 power many already have set items. I’m in Stone and regularly fighting such opponents. It’ll be no different in Diamond.
    I’d just McCool these away and wait for some beatable ones, though.

And congrats on completing the objective! Losses are always an option, whether you’re weak or strong, nobody always wins.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 “McCool these away”. Never heard that one before. I like how that sounds. :P

@napoleongl
    When you did that objective without Set items, what gears did you equip?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    Actually I adapted that saying from… Pointless I think? Because it sounded cool. :P

Also, airplane mode? How would that work? Doesn’t the game require constant internet access? Whenever I’m on a train the game gets nearly unplayable because of this.

Napoleongl
    @napoleongl

@datguygamer @smwforever45
    Like I said (or tried to, English not being my primary language) I had already completed my real objectives of the day but wanted to try it out.
    I basically just equipped what I had lying around from some free spins on the golden pig. If I needed to do the objective I would probably think more about what I equipped, trying to maximise the benefit of the birds (ie a healing enchanting flag and damage reducing shields etc).
    To be honest I think this objective should be diamond only, I would be pissed if it was what stood between me an advancing from a lower league, especially stone or wood where no way I would spend the time needed to grind 3k points.
    Edit; it should be said I did it without lc and the latest added classes. If you have paladin and especially witch it should be even easier.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@napoleongl
    In my opinion your English is fine ;)

Wait so the objective does give 3k points not 1.5k? I didn’t get the objective myself yet so I can’t see for myself.

That’s how opinions are different, I would’ve put the objective in a lower league because there you’re less likely to encounter super strong opponents.

Woah, not even Paladin? Damn you’re good. I couldn’t imagine a game without Paladin anymore. XD

Napoleongl
    @napoleongl

@smwforever45
    Sorry, is it 1,5k?!? I don’t know, just thought I read 3k somewhere. Never mind, grinding more than 1000 pts when the max per battle is 100 is just too boring…
    Actually, thinking of it, doing it with paladin is probably counter productive since most of your birds will be one shot and to trade some of the attack or heavier protecting of samurai or guardian (yes some are going to flame me for mentioning that class ;-) ) for poor healing would not benefit you.
    Witch though is still useful for keeping your banner alive and I can see a place for bombs frost class as well (a stunned enemy won’t harm you).

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@napoleongl
    Not sure! But if Datguygamer says 1.5k I do believe that.

Paladin can heal everyone though. Banner as well as your birds. Samurai is good, I find some use for Knight too, Guardian has a nice attack deduction but his protection value is minor.

Napoleongl
    @napoleongl

The thing with guardian is that since (I assume) you are allowed to use time jump, you can cripple the enemiy’s heaviest attacker with a bit of luck… Also the shield is there for three turns and might save you in these cases. That said, I would never think of useing that class outside of the no set objective.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 and @napoleongl The objective is worth 1500 points, not 3000.

Btw, I also don’t use Paladin in arena. Samurai with the Masamune Set is go-to setup for Arena. Outside arena, it’s Paladin with Dragon Set.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New update version 1.4.2 of Epic is out

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 198 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.