New update… now cannot open

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum New update… now cannot open

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 185 total)
  • Replies
  • Meh
    @mehh

Anyone do a reinstall on iOS without Facebook ?

Anonymous

@joel687 Hard update first, then soft update after starting the app. I’d recommend updating, but that’s up to you.

@nsar
    Droid Turbo 2, Android 6.0.1, Google Play Store.

Nsu
    @nsar

@partshade. Thanks for the info, I have iPad, maybe tomorrow?

Anonymous

Turns out that the 1.24.9 update broke something else:

Screenshot_20170202-205132.png

All sunglass (Except for King Pig and HOBumblebee variants) textures broke, as well as the holiday exclusive accessories (Christmas and Thanksgiving at least). All of the accessory icons also disappeared. All character specific accessories seem intact.

In other news, EGrimlock has Wheelie as an accessory now.

EF5OX
    @ef5ox

I just lost everything!!! Max level including Smokescreen at level 9. Opened new update after competition and checked it out. Closed game and returned later to play. Game opened to LEVEL 1. WTF! Played tutorial, connected to Facebook, All progress lost! Reinstalled, got nothing! I was always connected to Facebook, I was connected right after updating. I hope they can restore my progress. I have spent so much time and real money on this game.

Deszaras
    @deszaras

@ef5ox Wow! Now I’m really worried about any updates.

Anonymous

Did some more research on the update:

Baseball cap, Headphone and Hard Hat textures are broken as well.

Pressing the play button on campaign nodes freezes game until you close it.

Attempting to enter Professor Pig’s Lab crashes game.

Good job Rovio.

nykki
    @diamond72

Well as of right now I cannot the game open again. It was working fine when I was playing on my lunch hour and now the opening comes up, but then the whole thing crashes. Tried five times already

Gweag
    @gweag

I updated on 2/2/17 at 5:15 AM (thereabouts). I still haven’t been able to get on and it’s after 10:30 PM. I play exclusively on my Android phone. Since I couldn’t open the game on my phone, I downloaded the game to my Kindle Fire. I thought I could download my progress from Facebook and continue on the competition. I got through the first run (as required) and connected to Facebook. When I tried to restore my progress, I got a message that said that the restore failed due to conductivity issues. Now I’m afraid to uninstall & reinstall on either device because I don’t want to get stuck at level 1. I have all the bots (with the exception of Smokescreen) and they are all at level 12 or higher. I do hope this is resolved soon.

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

@lewie4 Approximately 3 hours ago 1.24.9.1 was opening and I commenced upgrading Smokescreen. Now the game will not open at all. I have restarted my device but still not working

Harpo_Bird
    @evan-greenberger

My game still isn’t working or loading. I have Android on a Samsung Galaxy S6. I am synced to google play, but not to facebook. I have 19 maxed out characters and ~500 levels overall, not to mention various resource stockpiles, so I *REALLY* don’t want to uninstall the game and risk losing it, but I also do not want to waste the event tokens I’ve saved up. Is there anything I can/should do, and more importantly, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FIX THIS ALREADY?!?!?

jffm
    @jffm

I wish mine had locked up. Instead it auto updated, and the contest vanished along with all my tokens. Thought I was going to manage to get a bit first time round this time, guess not. Anyone else have this? On a nook HD. You can laugh if you want

Asen_77
    @asen

Please, if someone has working version after upgrade, to make a picture of new bird. There is info in App Store that upgrade provide new character Chromia, and also if there is info about future events – when will start and what will contain?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Can someone who has updated tell me something? What icon is your game? Apparently they have the Chinese splash screen now but on Google Play, I still see the Christmas icon.

ED209
    @ed209

Mine has updated and has the Chinese new year loading screen with the new icon

Nocco
    @nocco

I updated this morning, the game crashed and would not restart, uninstalled then reinstalled logged on via facebook and all my progress is lost, was on level 555 and I am now back to level 1, this is an absolute shambles, paid for Jenga and other Gem packages. I am total miffed with this update. I am on Android and cannot express how mad I am at losing over a years worth of effort.

Ed
    @ejaehne

I was finally able to restore my game, but it was a process. I use an iPad (4th Gen) and use iCloud to maintain a backup via Apple’s Game Center. Before doing this I confirmed that I had a current iCloud backup (performed this morning). To get it to restore I had to do the following:

1) delete ABT
    2) reboot the iPad
    3) download ABT again
    4) open ABT and go through the tutorial as if a first time player

Once i completed the tutorial, the game recognized me and proceeded to restore my game to its status just before I did the upgrade. I lost all status in today’s challenge, but all of my ABT’s, coins, gems, etc. were restored.

I don’t use Facebook for my backups but Game Center did the job.

I emailed Rovio support hours ago and have yet to hear anything other then a robotic response that they received my support ticket. This is not the first time they have totally disabled the game for me and MANY other users. They need to research a new concept in software engineering called TESTING.

I hope this helps some of you restore your game and status! Good luck.

Ed

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

@datguygamer this is the splash screen at the moment
    Screenshot_20170203-205743.png

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@sam-spargo Thanks but what is the icon? I am still seeing Christmas icon on Google Play.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

@datguygamer here’s the icon

IMG_20170203_224709_876.JPG

EF5OX
    @ef5ox

Same happened to me, total fail! I am not sure they will e able to return us to our previous level!

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@sam-spargo Thanks but weird actually. I keep seeing the Christmas icon on Google Play and some are reporting that they have the Chinese splash screen. What version do you have? Also do you have a picture of Chromia?

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

@datguygamer here’s chromia

Screenshot_20170203-234052.png

Her weapon is very similar to arcees

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@sam-spargo Thanks. I don’t know what’s up with this game anymore.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum New update… now cannot open

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 185 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.