New Update: 2.5.0

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum New Update: 2.5.0

• We got a new Level: Pig Bay ( 20 Levels at the moment )
    They updated the Arena: Your Opponent score is now based on Each Shot ( 1 for 1 )
    When you run out of shots , you can now watch a Video to get an extra shot.
    They removed the Magician Pig in all Arena Battles.
    The New Levels ( Pig Bay ) are playable in the Arena.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • Replies
  • Aeshna
    @aeshna

Only played two rounds in the updated arena, but so far, so good.

The new scoring system is much better imho. One player had five extra cards, I pulled ahead of them, then watched them try and catch up with their final throws. Second player, we both had seven cards each, with my final throw I just edged ahead by 20,000. Easily more enjoyable than the old scoring.

Hopefully the cheats have been eliminated as well!

bigbadaboom
    @bigbadaboom

Well, a extra life for an add in arena is too good a deal to turn down, but in the end it means even more time spent on ads and intermission screens and less time spent on playing the game.

Cheese128
    @cheese128

Hi
    I agree the new update seems “fairer”,but I don’t like the additional get a free life! If you didn’t do your best with your birds TOUGH start again ,there’s something wrong like the guy who won just got a minus cos he beat you.not sure how this is all working but if I beat you in the arena and then boom you get a freebie ???.yes I know it’s randomly selected players but it still feels odd and I’m not sure ????? And as @bigbadaboon says it’s all about ad sponsors and money generating and yes I know it’s free but time spent on adverts has definitely increased..Well!?!?s

OkAy eDiTed.”.it has been reverted back …is it me ??? Felt that when you played there was a fairer system but now the physics and algorithms have been tweaked to now level up / down whoever you play .what I would like to clarify are the physics of the birds having changed and the coding to justify the algorithm to kill or survive a death from a fall or generic blast/collision/impact or any other justifiable decision you warrant for death of piggies.has that been changed ??is it harder to kill or exactly the same parameters for death ..other than than the incredibly unfortunately times that your bloody pigs decide to hide are increasing..hmm

kedik22
    @kedik22

Hi.

Had the arena crash on me three times in a row.
    And lost the opportunity to play.
    Anyone else have that problem?

Regards.

ger_ych
    @mouldingo

This what happened to cheaters attempting to enter XXX,XXX,XXX scores…bottom 3 with just one point. Thanks very much Rovio!

cheaters

Jon S
    @jon3800

I’ve noticed Terence has a glitchy card in the game, seems to be like a palette swap. Either way, I’m much happier on the arena.. finally can enjoy it

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Fought the “lifeguard” pig or whatever it is on level 460 and appeared to destroy it-albeit I had to spend an extra 60 gems. When I hit the arrow on far right of screen to move on it became stuck in fast forward motion. I let it run for 14 minutes and it stayed in FF motion.

Rovio_Bankler
    @bankler

@mouldingo I’m happy you like it. And that’s correct, #13 and #14 are cheaters (they will have exactly 1 star). #15 just haven’t played yet, not a cheater.

@cheese128
    We haven’t changed anything in the physics or the pigs’ healthpoints or anything like that.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@bankler — You may have fixed the arena, but why did you need to slap us all in the face by nerfing gifts in level 9? Or maybe you’ve nerfed gifts altogether? I haven’t gotten a gift from a friend in several days, and I normally get several a day.

RizDub
    @rizdub

I have a few things to say about this update.

1) It looks like the single player scoring method is the same as it was in the previous update. I’ll have to wait for the Nest walkthroughs to know for sure, because I really don’t like playing with this scoring system (there’s no challenge or competition anymore).
    2) Several levels in the second and third chapters (New Pork City and Eggchanted Woods) have been changed. I have updated my list here.
    3) This is going to be a BIG chapter. I looked through the data files and found, not thirty or forty, but SIXTY total levels for the chapter.

Peter Sliep
    @peter-sliep

@bankler What happened with the gifts? My number 1 activity on ab2. You took my gametime away? Be honest please…

Yellow Dog 24
    @yellow-dog-24

Since last update my game keeps freezing. Have not been able to finish an arena game for past two days

Yellow Dog 24
    @yellow-dog-24

Decided to delete app and reinstall. Managed to complete arena but game still appears a little shaky. On top of that I have lost about 200 gems.

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

@mvnla2, as I said in the other thread, you haven’t shown up as a friend in AB 2 for a while now. I would say about a week. I thought you stopped playing AB 2.

@yellow-dog-24
    , I would contact Rovio support. They might be able to restore your gems.

@bankler
    , please provide levels in which we can regularly play to get red and blue gifts. You don’t give out enough feathers anywhere else where we can upgrade our birds and we need to give and receive gifts from friends to get enough gems. Forcing me to spend real money on games doesn’t provide revenue to the developer, it makes me uninstall the game. This doesn’t apply only to Rovio. Other companies do it too. I will spend some money, but each game has a certain value and I won’t exceed what I perceive is the value of the game. Angry Birds value is very low for me since it doesn’t provide enough value for the money spent.

ger_ych
    @mouldingo

@bankler

Cannot access the Arena after end of the tournament… Connection Error… :(

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@bankler @mouldingo — So it’s not just me, I haven’t been able to access the arena recently either; I keep getting a connection error. I can see my friends on the map and on leaderboards, so part of AB2 seems to be connected to the internet.

ger_ych
    @mouldingo

@mvnla2

Finally got access… But instead of getting 1 silver medal for the tournament, I got 17 additional silver medals..?!?! :O

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@mouldingo — Well, that may help explain why some people have way more arena medals than there are weeks since the arena medals existed.

ABeggerToo
    @abeggertoo

As others note above, I just had two consecutive games freeze in the Arena. I lost the 24 gems I spent to play, as well as the spells I selected (was matched against high spell users in both contests). Things have been steady since the update, but the Arena is definitely wonky for me at the moment.

ABeggerToo
    @abeggertoo

Reset device and was able to complete one Arena contest. Game froze on the second contest. Certainly won’t be wasting any gems in the Arena until this glitch is fixed.

Update: have been able to play the Arena 8 times without another freeze. Three out of 4 with a freeze, than all clear (for now).

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

I’ve noticed that the game in general is glitchy since the update. I tried to enter the arena and it started up ok, but the gears just kept spinning when it was trying to find an opponent. I got tired of waiting so I restarted the app.

After finishing an early level (I was looking for gifts) it took a long time to the map. It did eventually return.

When doing new levels, I notice that clicking next just returns you to the map now. It used to open the next level as well.

Circlerev
    @circlerev

After updating to 2.5.0, gem shop is broken. Game will freeze every time after purchase is completed. Restarting the game helps, but player cannot receive gems because of this serious bug.

moddigliana
    @moddigliana

I reinstall the game 3 times, but the app still crashes frequently. whoops…..

moddigliana
    @moddigliana

It happens to me, too. After updated to 2.5.0, it crashes from time to time. I can hardly finish the arena with my rank going down and down.
    Anyone has good idea?

Rovio_Bankler
    @bankler

Sorry to hear you’re having problems. We are getting reports through customer service and we are currently investigating what this could be.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum New Update: 2.5.0

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.