New Event – Target 2016

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum New Event – Target 2016

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 108 total)
  • Replies
  • sheepybach
    @paul13

Oh right got you. Flipping heck I’ve not had a score over 200 so deff doing something wrong lol

Well that is that just done another 4 run and still not got to 20 tokens. can’t see me doing much with this now rubbish

werehamsta
    @werehamsta

Hmm, non-energon Galvatron is bonus squad, isn’t it? I use it as a first bot (though only nominally, most of time E.Grimlock is running the show), and I haven’t noticed any bonus at all.

Apart from main targets and energon cubes, does anything else score points? I haven’t noticed any either, but about this I might be just not attentive enough.

Nsu
    @nsar

The bonus squad seems to change randomly. I am finding this to be one of the most interesting events they have done. I do wish the TFs had the same power in events though, to me seems they are always weaker and less effective in the event nodes than regular. But kudos to Rovio, seems like they are trying to make it better ?

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@werehamsta You need to look at the icon on the Choose Your Team screen. The bonus squad for that round will have that icon as well.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

Question for anyone that didn’t unlock Shockwave last time, what does he cost this time?

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Target 2016 Team

Here you see that the Bonus Squad for this run is Brothers in Armour and Bluestreak has this same icon. This squad will give a +75% bonus. I chose Energon Grimlock and Bluestreak, but only used Grimlock. When I entered the Astrotrain, I had 680 points. With the bonus, my total was 1,190.

This event is a bit more interesting, but I think both TFs should be from the Bonus Squad.

They also didn’t make the token levels linear making it harder to predict how many runs are needed to hit the 100 token level. This level as actually 17,500.

sheepybach
    @paul13

Yesssssssss 15 runs and i’ve just got the 20 tokens. Grand total of tokens is now 30.
    Silly comp lol

Raxor
    @mndc

Do you take at least one TF from a squad so you get the bonus points ?

Because if you don’t, you wont get enough tokens for what you want to buy.

Also, if you take an ultimate TF to get the coin bonus but you don’t finish the run with him, the bonus isn’t applied, so watch out to not press the switch button before the end.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

My lowest run now is 70 points pre-bonus.

My highest is still 1120 pre-bonus.

The next three highest were in the 650-800 range pre-bonus.

I’ve seen bonuses of 25%, 50%, 75% and 150%. Different TFs for each bonus amount. I haven’t tried closing and reopening the game to see whether that changes the bonus amount available.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

They also didn’t make the token levels linear making it harder to predict how many runs are needed to hit the 100 token level. This level as actually 17,500.

@millforce2k
    thanks for this! I’m only playing enough to hit the max daily level without spending gems. I’ve had several runs with no balloon pigs. Something I learned in a previous contest — Goldbite Grimlock gets more balloon pigs because he’s so slow. E. Grimlock “leaves the scene” too quickly.

Anyone else having problems destroying WMTs? So far only Bluestreak has managed…?

zhianjo
    @zhianjo

wel the comp is now 21 hours and 30 min. going on i didn’t miss a run and the fight is on between me and another difference 6 points in my advance let’s hope it stay that way then i got my first 1550 points but yes with ABT you never know. But i like this event more then the last one where you did the same node over and over again.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@pampeans I just use Energon Grimlock even though he takes a bit to destroy WMTs. He can take a few hits of a fireball without suffering too much damage.

I don’t think a slower TF is needed since balloon pigs crashing off the screen still count. The slower TF is good for missiles.

@franciscrawford
    I tried closing and clearing several times, but didn’t get a different Bonus Squad.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

@sam-spargo,

Did you mean to say that in this thread? There’s no Glassor or any other Energicon in the contest.

@millforce2K

Perhaps the next test is put the game aside for a while if there’s only a 25% bonus available, and hope for a higher number later.

The contest is fairer if that doesn’t work, but absent a test I’m not prepared to bet emphatically one way or the other.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

@franciscrawford I didn’t know energonicons couldn’t be used during the competition

acwb16
    @acwb16

Can everyone else see the competition leaderboards? All mine says is “Stand by…” and nothing ever loads.

werehamsta
    @werehamsta

So, does anyone know how long this comp is going to last?

01023927lolol
    @harharhar

Yes,I want to ask this question too.Hope it will not end before sat:(

sheepybach
    @paul13

Yes I always take a team ABT into a run but nothing I seem to do increases my score, It goes up by 10 if I collect ENERGON CUBES, the movie tickets and those new structures give out Zero.
    Today I’ve done 1 full 4 run and have seen any helicopter pigs. It is a crazy comp

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@harharhar I take it you don’t have Shockwave? How many tokens is it?

@paul13
    What are the movie tickets you’re referring to?

sheepybach
    @paul13

these movie tickets lol

abtmt

Geli
    @geli

Current Cohort leader has 12,000 more “points” than second place. Congrats to him / her on spending gems.

Geli
    @geli

@sntrooper- Shockwave cost is 4000 event tokens.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@franciscrawford Test confirmed.

Squad changes happen at the top of the hour. It will repeat a few times and then rotate to a new squad. The squad is shown at the top left of the main challenge screen. For a few hours, I had the Iconic Transformer squad (looks like a belt buckle and includes Epic Optimus). At 10 EST, it changed to The Seekers (looks like a radar and includes Thundercracker).

If you’re going to spend gems for recharges, do it with a squad that gives 150% bonus. You’ll have at least until the top of the hour to keep using that squad.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@paul13 Interesting. I haven’t seen those. Are you on IOS?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum New Event – Target 2016

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 108 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.